Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Scott Darling

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Scott Darling

Will he get a chance to reclaim his job back?

Cam Ward is playing really well, and I am really tempted to add him, but I am still hoping for Darling to get his job back.

At this point, should I grab Ward and wait for Darling to get his job back?

I am losing all the goalie cats every week, so I need a solid guy.
    10 Team Yahoo 8 Keeper league(H2H) - Re-drated this year
    18-19 - Champion
    19-20 - Champion
    21-22 - Champion
    22-23 - Champion

2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G (4B, 1IR, 2IR+)
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, HIT, BLK / W, GAA, SV%, SHO, 4 Minimum

C: Tavares, Stutzle(LW), Kyrou(RW)
    LW: Guentzel, E.Kane
    RW: M.Tkachuck(LW), Meier(LW), Konecny(LW)
    D: McAvoy, Dobson, Chychrun, Trouba, Mintyukov

G: Hellebuyck, Gustavsson, Husso

IR+: Montour
    IR+: Laine(C,LW,RW)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Scott Darling

Darling is signed for another 3 more years at starter's money. Ward is up at the end of this year with no sniff of an extension. I think long term, the team is invested in Darling. In the short term, ride Ward til he loses. My bet is Darling gets back when (not if) once Ward slips up.
    Weekly H2H 4games/week. 14 Teams,21 Player roster+ 3 protected prospects
    20 week Regular season + 3 Rounds of Playoffs
    Keep 10

G+A = 1pt, Dman G+A = 1.5pt, PPG =1pt, PPA = 0.5pt, SHG = 1pt, SHA = 0.5pt, ShootoutG = 0.25pt, GWG = 1pt, Hatty = 3pt, DMan Hatty = 5pt, +/- (For D only) = +/- 0.5pt, W = 2pt, L = -1pt, OTL = 1pt, ShootoutL = 0.5pt, SO = 1pt, S = 0.1pt, GA = -0.5pt, Goalie Goal = 5pt

Each week play: 3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 D, 2 G
    C: Stamkos, Tavares, Getzlaf, Zibanejad
    LW: Schwartz, Kase, Debrusk, Dzingel
    RW: Ehlers, Lindholm, Zuccarrello, Tuch
    D: Letang, Burns, Krug, Edler
    G: Vasilevskiy, Fleury, Saros, Domingue
    Prospects: Sorokin, Kaprizov, Hart

The Great One

I think theres a chance he gets his job back- but this has been fugly. Who knows maybe this lights a fire under his ass...

Dobber Sports Ace

I think the bigger question is will he ever be relevant? Was he just a backup on a better team having a mini run? I know I was excited thinking he could become a decent to above average G option on an up and coming Carolina team. Losing to Cam Ward is not a good start, but obviously Darling is signed longer term.

I don’t think I can remember being as excited about a guy getting his chance and being this disappointed, this quickly.

In a dynasty, is he a drop? I can’t believe I’m asking that already. Obviously it depends on cats, who’s available and how many teams and so forth, but I’ve basically used every ounce of restraint to not drop him yet for an option to just stream random backups

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by roenick27 View Post
    I think the bigger question is will he ever be relevant? Was he just a backup on a better team having a mini run? I know I was excited thinking he could become a decent to above average G option on an up and coming Carolina team. Losing to Cam Ward is not a good start, but obviously Darling is signed longer term.

I don’t think I can remember being as excited about a guy getting his chance and being this disappointed, this quickly.

In a dynasty, is he a drop? I can’t believe I’m asking that already. Obviously it depends on cats, who’s available and how many teams and so forth, but I’ve basically used every ounce of restraint to not drop him yet for an option to just stream random backups
    Totally agree. I mean for that money and term hes going to get another legit and likely lengthy stab at the undisputerd starters gig- and maybe this is the wake up call he needed to get focused? I mean aside from a train wreck smushed in the middle he was starting to churn out quality starts. Thats all the cock-eyed optimist in me though. Its hard to stay positive with this guy- he's been a staggering disappointment. I also hate when you think youre about to do something really clever and then it ends up being not clever at all. If someone let CBS autodraft for them theyd be laughing all the way to the bank that the AI picked up MAF over Fleury

The Great One

Is this a full (or limited) keeper league, and how are you doing playoff wise?

It's hard to give an answer because all three of your goalies are drastically under performing. Come next year, I gotta think all three guys will be better than this year. If you aren't in good position playoff wise, I'd be tempted to hold Darling for next year. If you have a shot, and it's just your goalies that are killing you, than yeah - I'd be tempted to pick up Ward....run with him, and then stream back ups if he falters. I'm in a shallow Yahoo H2H league and I bit the bullet and picked up Ward last week. So far it's been paying off nicely. Good luck.

Dobber Sports Ace

IM doing ok but I gave up a lot for darling thinking he’d be a decent tier 2 option with upside
    Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Is this a full (or limited) keeper league, and how are you doing playoff wise?

It's hard to give an answer because all three of your goalies are drastically under performing. Come next year, I gotta think all three guys will be better than this year. If you aren't in good position playoff wise, I'd be tempted to hold Darling for next year. If you have a shot, and it's just your goalies that are killing you, than yeah - I'd be tempted to pick up Ward....run with him, and then stream back ups if he falters. I'm in a shallow Yahoo H2H league and I bit the bullet and picked up Ward last week. So far it's been paying off nicely. Good luck.

Dobber Sports Ace

If i told you who I gave up for him (I got upgrades too but still) you’d laugh and I’d puke
    Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    Totally agree. I mean for that money and term hes going to get another legit and likely lengthy stab at the undisputerd starters gig- and maybe this is the wake up call he needed to get focused? I mean aside from a train wreck smushed in the middle he was starting to churn out quality starts. Thats all the cock-eyed optimist in me though. Its hard to stay positive with this guy- he's been a staggering disappointment. I also hate when you think youre about to do something really clever and then it ends up being not clever at all. If someone let CBS autodraft for them theyd be laughing all the way to the bank that the AI picked up MAF over Fleury

Dobber Sports Ace

He'll get another shot. Ward's on a solid run, but he hasn't been reliable for a very long time. als_revenge is dead on that your goalies are underachieving. Looks like it's a problem a bunch of your players are having. If you're holding your own despite the rough first half, I'd either hold pat, or try to make a move to upgrade. I don't necessarily think having both halves of the Carolina tandem is a huge benefit over just Darling though. Just a lot of bad luck with Murray and Talbot (including today for Talbot).
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Funny thing...Ward is as capable as allowing 5 goals as he is 0. Darling obviously has done nothing to claim the #1, but I still believe he'll get another chance. Ward isn't irreplaceable. So imo Darling is still a G3 stash in dynasty formats.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Ace

I think it’s time for Carolina to just play with an empty net and go 6-5. It can’t possibly be worse, can it?

The Great One

If i told you who I gave up for him (I got upgrades too but still) you’d laugh and I’d puke
    Lol- No- dont say it....

- - - Updated - - -

I think it’s time for Carolina to just play with an empty net and go 6-5. It can’t possibly be worse, can it?
    Im dropping him for waiver scraps- Im done. Officially done- Ill stream goalies- this is too much...

Dobber Sports Jedi

HOLY MACKINAW! There is life - W, .964 27/28 TONIGHT.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Was never a believer in darling. Even if he gets his job back, I don’t see much success there. Lack 2.0

Dobber Sports Jedi

he's way better than lack... unless Lack is eating Taco's or Spaghetti... then it's Lack 1000x's over
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4