Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Price to the Islanders?

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Price to the Islanders?

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    I would love to see Price go to the Islanders in a deal that involved Halak just so I could sit back, eat popcorn and watch Habs' fans heads explode.
    This was my exact thought. Too bad Eller doesn't play for the Islanders, so as to complete the poetry...
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Guru

I don't think the Islanders could afford Price. The Isles have $34 million in cap space for next season. Trading for Price is $10 million, re-signing Tavares is probably $10 million, re-signing Bailey is probably $6 million. That leaves them with $8 million in cap space and still needing to re-sign Nelson, De Haan, Hickey plus a few others for roster spots.

The Isles would be better off going with a cheap goalie than signing the highest-paid goalie.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    I don't think the Islanders could afford Price. The Isles have $34 million in cap space for next season. Trading for Price is $10 million, re-signing Tavares is probably $10 million, re-signing Bailey is probably $6 million. That leaves them with $8 million in cap space and still needing to re-sign Nelson, De Haan, Hickey plus a few others for roster spots.

The Isles would be better off going with a cheap goalie than signing the highest-paid goalie.
    I don't think they would need to keep Bailey. As much as he has stated his desire to stay with the Islanders, hockey is a business and he would price.... no, wait,.. Price himself out of the market if he asked for 6M, even if he deserved it on the open market for this season... If the Isles wanted it to happen, they would make it fit. No one on that team is irreplaceable save Johnny T.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Padawan

Nobody is taking that Price contract...
    Keeper's league, points only, 24 teams league Skaters: 1 pt for goal and 1 pt for assist, Goalie, 2 pts for win, + 2 pts for SO

Dobber Sports Grand Master

It makes sense for the Islanders, but not so much for the Canadiens. They just signed him ti the deal, so they shouldn't think it was too expensive already. I just don't see that happening, barring a change of GM bfefore the deadline.

If they actually do think that, then maybe they can get a do-over by getting something like DeHaan, a prospect, a pick, and Greiss. Maybe Pulock fits as the prospect?
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Master

how are we looking at this from a montreal angle in regards to what an expected return is ? Is the contract deemed bad enough that the islanders get Price for a discount ?

yes , I'm in imagine mode

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Wouldn't you think a far more likely outcome for the Islanders would be to trade JT and Bailey at the deadline for a boat load of prospects? I know it's easy to think that Price would be a saviour on the Island, but I'm not sure that's really the case.

You're correct that Vegas doesn't need Price, but they can afford him - and this is the world of imagination
    I know a few people (albeit they are Habs fans) who think that the Habs are gonna get JT someone, be it at free agency or through someone sort of trade, even though they have no assets. I always find it funny when 2 totally opposite rumors are floating around.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by MasterByte View Post
    I know a few people (albeit they are Habs fans) who think that the Habs are gonna get JT someone, be it at free agency or through someone sort of trade, even though they have no assets. I always find it funny when 2 totally opposite rumors are floating around.
    To be fair, Price to the Islanders is not a rumour. And I haven't seen any credible sources linking JT to Montreal. This thread is just for fun talk among armchair quarterbacks.

Dobber Sports Stud

They don't need Price, Lehner is good enough for them to make playoffs

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    It makes sense for the Islanders, but not so much for the Canadiens. They just signed him ti the deal, so they shouldn't think it was too expensive already. I just don't see that happening, barring a change of GM bfefore the deadline.

If they actually do think that, then maybe they can get a do-over by getting something like DeHaan, a prospect, a pick, and Greiss. Maybe Pulock fits as the prospect?
    I don't think that contract makes sense for any team in the NHL, including Montreal. MAYBE Edmonton for this year only to try and win in McDavid's last cheap year. Draisaitl and Talbot for Price and MaxPac

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I don't think that contract makes sense for any team in the NHL, including Montreal. MAYBE Edmonton for this year only to try and win in McDavid's last cheap year. Draisaitl and Talbot for Price and MaxPac
    That is a dream come true type trade for Montreal, IMO. A stud centre, and an affordable goalie contract.

The Great One

Bergevin is so short sighted that one win against Tampa and a goal for Pacioretty means all the problems are solved...
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch