Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: [Rumour] Bergevin shopping Pacioretty

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: [Rumour] Bergevin shopping Pacioretty

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Or the day he made him take a bridge contract?
    lol, YES!! How great would that long term contract have looked today and going forward!? Penny wise, pound foolish (or something like that).

If they trade Pacioretty, how long before they deal Price and go full on rebuild? For the record, I think trading Pacioretty would be a mistake...unless they are going all in on a rebuild.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    lol, YES!! How great would that long term contract have looked today and going forward!? Penny wise, pound foolish (or something like that).

If they trade Pacioretty, how long before they deal Price and go full on rebuild? For the record, I think trading Pacioretty would be a mistake...unless they are going all in on a rebuild.
    That's the biggest issue in Montreal though, it's like the Leafs 10 years ago: they desperately need a rebuild to really hit the reset button, but ownership isn't willing to give management the go ahead to do it, since they're afraid of the fan backlash. So they ship out players piecemeal, and never really address their needs fully.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    The thing with Pacioretty is that he is a UFA in 18 months. What is that next contract going to look like? He should be good for $7 to $8 million. I don't think there would be an appetite in Montreal for MaxPac at that contract considering how streaky he is.

Also interesting to note, I heard Pierre McGuire on the Montreal radio station today. He said he hadn't heard anything about Montreal shopping Pacioretty. The host of the show said Pierre Lebrun said the same thing. Now that the rumour is out there, teams are calling.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    The thing with Pacioretty is that he is a UFA in 18 months. What is that next contract going to look like? He should be good for $7 to $8 million. I don't think there would be an appetite in Montreal for MaxPac at that contract considering how streaky he is.

Also interesting to note, I heard Pierre McGuire on the Montreal radio station today. He said he hadn't heard anything about Montreal shopping Pacioretty. The host of the show said Pierre Lebrun said the same thing. Now that the rumour is out there, teams are calling.
    Here's the thing....Max is worth every penny of that next contract IF HE HAS A CENTER TO PLAY WITH. Radulov wasn't a center, but he may as well have been with the way he possessed the puck and drove play. That's what Max needs. He's a sniper. If they trade him, he'll have a decent center to play with (because EVERY other team in the league actually has a 1st or 2nd line NHL caliber center - unlike the Habs) and he will go off and make the Habs look like they made a terrible trade...which in reality is exactly what they will have done. If they re-sign him but don't address their center issue it will look like a bad contract because he will continue to sputter off and on like this year. The right answer is to address the need for a good 1st quality NHL center and sign Max to a good deal. That's what a smart GM would do...I'm not holding my breath....
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Here's the thing....Max is worth every penny of that next contract IF HE HAS A CENTER TO PLAY WITH. Radulov wasn't a center, but he may as well have been with the way he possessed the puck and drove play. That's what Max needs. He's a sniper. If they trade him, he'll have a decent center to play with (because EVERY other team in the league actually has a 1st or 2nd line NHL caliber center - unlike the Habs) and he will go off and make the Habs look like they made a terrible trade...which in reality is exactly what they will have done. If they re-sign him but don't address their center issue it will look like a bad contract because he will continue to sputter off and on like this year. The right answer is to address the need for a good 1st quality NHL center and sign Max to a good deal. That's what a smart GM would do...I'm not holding my breath....
    Seems like there are certain teams who can never fill specific holes. Montreal never has the top-tier centreman they need, Philly can't find solid goaltending, Edmonton has never really found that elite puck-moving dman, etc. It's like a soap opera starring the world's most boring people - NHL General Managers.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Grand Master

If you need a first line center to be worth $8 million, are you actually worth $8 million? I think no, but meh.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Some interesting tweets about Pacioretty.

Jimmy Murphy‏ @MurphysLaw74
    An NHL scout just called me and went on absolute rant about #MaxPacioretty. "Did you see how much he was cheating and leaving teammates out to dry last night? He's completely quit! That's not helping his value." #GoHabsGo
    Grant McCagg @grantmccagg
    I talked to a scout the other day & asked him if his club, which could use a scoring winger, would like #67...he said "no thanks!" Fans expecting a Duchene-type return for the captain are in for a rude awakening. Habs won't be getting established top-2 C in return.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Remember when we all thought Pacioretty was Wolverine because he returned from that brutal injury from Chara and we were all talking about how much heart he had?
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

The Great One

Yeah because scouts from other teams would NEVER say anything in public (gasp - you mean other people can see my Tweets!!?!?!!! - this dam social media) to down grade the value of another team?s assett. That might mean his trade value would go down and their team might have to pay less to get this complete garbage player.

The level of ham fisted “leak” on display here is embarassing. How stupid do they think people are?
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett

IR:

Dobber Sports Grand Master

That first tweet could be referencing a Montreal scout getting the spin machine going. Statistically unlikely, but we've seen that sort of thing before.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Yeah because scouts from other teams would NEVER say anything in public (gasp - you mean other people can see my Tweets!!?!?!!! - this dam social media) to down grade the value of another team?s assett. That might mean his trade value would go down and their team might have to pay less to get this complete garbage player.

The level of ham fisted “leak” on display here is embarassing. How stupid do they think people are?
    Grant McCagg is a Montreal guy, so your theory doesn't really work here. Besides, I doubt NHL GMs are making player valuations based on something they see on Twitter.

The Great One

I’m not talking about McCagg - I’m talking about the scout he quoted. The dumb people I’m taking about are the ones who quote this stuff like it has any meaning. It’s all gamesmanship.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

Dobber Sports Wizard

I?m not talking about McCagg - I?m talking about the scout he quoted. The dumb people I?m taking about are the ones who quote this stuff like it has any meaning. It?s all gamesmanship.
    So you think McCagg who has been scouting for ~20 years - worked as part-time scout for the Canadiens and also as a consultant for TSN and THN for example - would not see through something like that? I mean, he talks to NHL scouts constantly, so it's not like he hasn't learnt to read between the lines and understand what sort of agendas they could have. Would he do something that could hurt his favorite team if he thought they weren't being serious?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Honestly? I don't give any member of the media or anybody on social media any sort of credit nowadays because all today's modern media cares about is stories and breaking news first, not breaking news right.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    So you think McCagg who has been scouting for ~20 years - worked as part-time scout for the Canadiens and also as a consultant for TSN and THN for example - would not see through something like that? I mean, he talks to NHL scouts constantly, so it's not like he hasn't learnt to read between the lines and understand what sort of agendas they could have. Would he do something that could hurt his favorite team if he thought they weren't being serious?
    Yes. See what bondon said.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR: