Thread: Kieffer bellows 3 year projection.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Kieffer bellows 3 year projection.

Bellows is having a great season in the whl 40pts in 31 games, has he got a chance of cracking the islanders lineup next year, what would you put bellows 3 year projection at, he is available in my league but if he has a good wjc guaranteed he will be picked up.

thanks
    12 Team HTH Keeper
    (F's G=1 A=1, D G=1 A=1, All Skaters PPG=.5, SHG=.5 Goalies W=2 SO=3)

Dress 8 F, 4 D, 2 G weekly

forwards
    Buchnevich ,Landeskog ,Toffoli , Nugent-Hopkins,N Schmaltz, yamamoto, bjorkstrand, dadonov ,fabbri, skinner, henrik borgstrom, timo meier, Klim Kostin ,Robert thomas, Valintin Zykov, Farabee,
    Grigori Denisenko.

defense
    provorov, ekblad, Dumba, Chabot, Schmidt , orlov, Skjei

goalies
    hellebuyck, craig anderson,Darling,Kuemper, Reimer, husso ,sorokin.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Kieffer bellows 3 year projection.

For a 19-year-old forward in the WHL, 40 points in 31 games isn't actually all that good. Even the fact that an 18-year-old defenseman on their team (Jokiharju) has 37 points in 31 games shows that. Cody Glass is the driving force on that team and he has 52 points in 32 games, and that's a great season. And even then, Glass is an 18-year-old.

If you have room for Bellows, then nothing wrong with adding him. But I don't see him playing in the NHL for the next two years. A 19-year-old player with his draft pedigree should be dominating the WHL but he's not doing that, he's just riding Glass's coattails.

Administrator

The move is to grab Bellows, hope for a big tournament and sell to the highest bidder.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Awesome insight jouko, sounds like he is along way away from the NHL,was hoping to find a gem, lot of the usual names are all gone.

Dobber Sports Deity

He's off to a hell of a start at the WJC, for what that's worth.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    He's off to a hell of a start at the WJC, for what that's worth.
    Is two goals against Denmark really all that great? I didn't watch the game but I was expecting like 5 points from him after reading your comment.

Dobber Sports Deity

I made this comment after the 1st period of the game when he scored the first two goals. He should have/could have had a couple more too. He had a few more chances that were impressive.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Master

I dont know to what extent cody glass is responsible for kieffer's numbers but he's a sniper thats going to rely on getting himself open so that a playmaker can feed him .

if he's potting goals via glass then he'll pot some goals in the nhl via some pretty good nyi centers too -- no idea of his timeline .

Dobber Sports Ace

Anything change for him since December? Is he a good end of the year stash? I could see him going in our 3 round draft next season
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)

Dobber Sports Legend

I'm not sure what to think about Bellows. I mean, the only prospect the Islanders have drafted recently that has lived up to the hype so far is Barzal. Strome, Pulock, Ho-Sang, Dal Colle, etc. have not delivered at all yet IMO. Sure, Pulock and Ho-Sang "contribute" but all we keep hearing about is Pulock's monster shot and how he'll be a PP beast - and I'm not seeing it. Ghost, McAvoy, Werenski, Provorov, Sergachev, all stepped in and delivered the goods - Pulock not so much. I'm saying all of this because I don't have a ton of faith in the Isles scouting and/or development TBH.

As for Bellows - I love his mitts. I was in Buffalo for the World Juniors and watched him closely. He has awesome hands and played with more hustle and jam than I expected. His skating isn't the best, but neither is Toffoli's and look at how he's produced at the NHL level. If anything, that's who Bellows reminds me of the most - the difference being the Kings system vs. the Islanders. You would have to think, after having an awesome WJ, Bellows will come to camp with every opportunity of making an impression - it's all up to him. If he can't force his way onto the Isles, I'd be concerned. If he does, he should be able to produce with Barzal, assuming he can keep up with him.

I don't think Bellows is a bad 3rd round option at all. If you can stash him and wait, he's the ultimate lottery ticket. If he doesn't pan out, cut bait in a couple of years.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    I'm not sure what to think about Bellows. I mean, the only prospect the Islanders have drafted recently that has lived up to the hype so far is Barzal. Strome, Pulock, Ho-Sang, Dal Colle, etc. have not delivered at all yet IMO. Sure, Pulock and Ho-Sang "contribute" but all we keep hearing about is Pulock's monster shot and how he'll be a PP beast - and I'm not seeing it. Ghost, McAvoy, Werenski, Provorov, Sergachev, all stepped in and delivered the goods - Pulock not so much. I'm saying all of this because I don't have a ton of faith in the Isles scouting and/or development TBH.

As for Bellows - I love his mitts. I was in Buffalo for the World Juniors and watched him closely. He has awesome hands and played with more hustle and jam than I expected. His skating isn't the best, but neither is Toffoli's and look at how he's produced at the NHL level. If anything, that's who Bellows reminds me of the most - the difference being the Kings system vs. the Islanders. You would have to think, after having an awesome WJ, Bellows will come to camp with every opportunity of making an impression - it's all up to him. If he can't force his way onto the Isles, I'd be concerned. If he does, he should be able to produce with Barzal, assuming he can keep up with him.

I don't think Bellows is a bad 3rd round option at all. If you can stash him and wait, he's the ultimate lottery ticket. If he doesn't pan out, cut bait in a couple of years.
    I agree, seems like the stash and hope option.

Pulock got better as the year went along. How he adapts his lack of skating ability will determine how successful he can be. Souray was a pts beast when he put it all together and he couldn't skate worth crap compared to his peers. He had Markov to compensate for that. That was the dead puck era, which is not the same NHL as today. The speed has increased and you need to move your feet fast to make plays. That will hurt Pulock, but his last 10-15 games he started to look a lot better. I have faith that he will be a 40+ pts player, but I wouldn't hold my breath for more. At that level, he can contribute to my fantasy team.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post

Id have to completely disagree about Pulock. He showed a lot of progress in the second half of the season and he looks clearly on his way to being the Isles top D. I think he's going to be better than Leddy next year and I don't even think it will be much of a contest. Pulock has taken some time to get there, but he really has started to produce. He's also been pretty physical. Sure his skating still needs work. But if/when he does improve in skating, I think the rest of his game his there where it would put him at the top of the Isles D. Not sure either if he will ever be a 50 point Dman. I think definitely a 40 point D man though, with solid 2 way.

But yea, I don't think the Isles draft and prospect history will have much to do with Bellows making it or not. If he gets a chance in preseason, I really think he could contribute sometime during the season. And he really does look like an ideal line partner for Barzal.
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)

The Great One

What they do with Pulock next season will go a long way toward forecasting what the future might hold for Bellows and even to some extent for Ho-Sang. If they allow Pulock to be unleashed then I'd be a lot more bearish on Bellows and Ho-Sang. But if they're tentative, much like what Minnesota did with Dumba (in their case, Suter being Leddy), then it might be a long, slow road for them to break out.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/