Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: $60 for 10 GB in Canada

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default $60 for 10 GB in Canada

Whaaaaaaaaat the heck is going on!??!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...wars-1.4453573

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: $60 for 10 GB in Canada

In Finland, you can get unlimited data for 10€. Google tells me that: "10 Euro equals 15.16 Canadian Dollar". So I think that's quite good, then.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Time to go shopping on a new plan!
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Deity

Canadians are royally screwed by cell companies when it comes to what we pay for data. It's brutal.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

By the way, is that 3G or 4G you guys are using in Canada?

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    By the way, is that 3G or 4G you guys are using in Canada?
    It's at least the 4G LTE, but is there not a step above that yet? Or coming soon?

Dobber Sports All-Star

Yup, I was on Telus paying $109 mth for 3.5GB. Had to stay on hold for like 2hrs before I got through, but they finally switched mine over to the 10GB plan this afternoon. Granted those dirt bags forced me to payout the remainder of my current contract first.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by gainerama View Post
    Yup, I was on Telus paying $109 mth for 3.5GB. Had to stay on hold for like 2hrs before I got through, but they finally switched mine over to the 10GB plan this afternoon. Granted those dirt bags forced me to payout the remainder of my current contract first.
    You had to pay out your entire contract in order to get this deal?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gainerama View Post

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds like all of the major carriers are offering $60 for 10gb and unlimited everything. I actually called Bell and the rep said "we've always had that deal but don't advertise it.' Ok sure!

Also they are all bring your own device. If you owe a balance on your device you can buy it out and then get the $60 rate.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Star

Screw all of these guys. Too little, too late. There are plenty of smaller wireless companies that have been providing good service at reasonable prices for years, and they're the ones I plan on giving my business to.

EDIT: I realize these smaller companies are owned by the bigger ones (Public Mobile owned by Telus, etc), but the they are still miles ahead of what I have experienced with Rogers/Telus in terms of transparency, fair pricing and customer service.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Yeah I waited on the line for a while as well but still it was a huge improvement.

Dobber Sports Deity

I only have 4GB on my plan that I share with my wife and that is enough for us. I wouldn't pay off my plan just to get it but maybe once my plan expired next year and I re-sign I may look into it.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Kofax View Post
    It's at least the 4G LTE, but is there not a step above that yet? Or coming soon?
    LTE is pretty much 3.5G, so it's technically between 3G and 4G. There's a big difference between LTE and "True 4G" or "LTE Advanced" (both names are often used). You can check the details from "Generations" section of this article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_broadband

Here's some information from Wikipedia:
    LTE is commonly marketed as 4G LTE, but it does not meet the technical criteria of a 4G wireless service, as specified in the 3GPP Release 8 and 9 document series, for LTE Advanced. The requirements were originally set forth by the ITU-R organization in the IMT Advanced specification. However, due to marketing pressures and the significant advancements that WiMAX, Evolved High Speed Packet Access and LTE bring to the original 3G technologies, ITU later decided that LTE together with the aforementioned technologies can be called 4G technologies.[3] The LTE Advanced standard formally satisfies the ITU-R requirements to be considered IMT-Advanced.[4] To differentiate LTE Advanced and WiMAX-Advanced from current 4G technologies, ITU has defined them as "True 4G".[5][6]

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    LTE is pretty much 3.5G, so it's technically between 3G and 4G. There's a big difference between LTE and "True 4G" or "LTE Advanced" (both names are often used). You can check the details from "Generations" section of this article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_broadband

Here's some information from Wikipedia:
    So what you're saying is not only are they over chsrging us here in Canada but they are lying to ys as well. Fabulous.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    So what you're saying is not only are they over chsrging us here in Canada but they are lying to ys as well. Fabulous.
    Well ya....we probably already knew that though