Thread: Backstrom+Subban for Forsberg+Getzlaf

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Backstrom+Subban for Forsberg+Getzlaf

Was offered Backstrom and Subban for my Forsberg and Getzlaf.

I was interested in improving my defense but I'm not sure if this is the deal to do it. I was thinking this was a good way to get a bit younger (I realize my team is oldish but I have been competing the last few years so I'm more worried about the now) but that is when I realized Backstrom is only two years younger than Getz. Forsberg and Getz put up great peripheral stats for my league.

I would like to know if I'm looking at this deal the wrong way. Any thoughts are much appreciated! Will rep.
    10 Team Keep 70 Total. Currently 9 Keeper spots. League Established 2012. Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 1F, 1U, 4D, 2G, 6 Bench,4IR
    G, A, PIM, PPP, SOG, HIT, BLK, W, SV%, SV, SO

F: Marchand, JT Miller, Zibanejad, Robertson, E. Kane
    D: Josi, Fox, Bouchard
    G: Shesterkin

12 Team Modified Keep 4. Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1U, 2G, 4 Bench, 2IR
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW, H, B, W, GAA, SV%, SO

F: Matthews, M. Tkachuk
    D: Makar
    G: Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Backstrom+Subban for Forsberg+Getzlaf

I think it's definitely close and a relatively fair deal. I don't blame you for hesitating. Like you said Getz and Forsberg are studs in your league. Subban I always feel you have to somewhat over pay for in fantasy but Backstrom is also a stud.

I stay put.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Veteran

I don't think this is close deal. I'm taking Forsberg and Getzlaf side any day of the week. As you said they are helping you in that multi-cat league. ''I was thinking this was a good way to get a bit younger'' - Forsberg is one of the best young stars in this league! Also you have young defence in Werenski, Jones, Zaitsev.
    I can try another deal to impruve your defence. Example - you can target player like Rasmus who is underperforming right now and could cost you less than usual.
    Devils & Predators fan

Dobber Sports Deity

I think this is a good deal for both sides. Backstrom is the best player in this offer IMO and I would trade either of Getzlaf OR Forsberg to get him. Subban is a big boost to your D, which is OK but not great.

This is a big price, but if you want quality you have to give quality. If you want to improve your D, I'd do it.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."