Thread: Al Franken to resign tomorrow?

Dobber Sports Star

Default Al Franken to resign tomorrow?

Let me first say, that if the allegations are true, Franken should resign. That would be the right thing to do. I try to stay objective with this kind of thing, but this one is hard for me. It makes me sad, because I truly believe that he is one of the good senators left. He is another senate vote against the ridiculous things put forth from the current office. He is another balance that Trump has to overcome to get his rubbish through, and he is about to step down.

I don?t want to be the guy defending Franken while demanding for justice for Roy Moore. It is tough for me to see this one unbiased. I know full well that Franken will do the right thing and step down, while Roy Moore will not. The corruption in US politics is so obvious right now. The GOP doesn?t even seem to want to hide the way the most recent tax proposal takes from the middle class, and gives to the rich. We need people like Al Franken and Bernie Sanders to help prevent this kind of bullshit from happening.

Yes, stepping down is the right thing for Franken to do. It just sucks that the GOP won?t hold themselves to the same standard. It sucks that the GOP will get stronger because of this...

Rylant

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Al Franken to resign tomorrow?

Democrats appoligize and do the right thing. Republicans lie, and create their own reality. Maybe that's why they win?
    HTH Daily League, 8 teams, (goals, ppp, +/-, assists, SOG, W, GAA, SV%) keepers in Bold.

C (s3) EP40, ​Trocheck, Marchessault LW, Horvat

LW (s3) Johnny Hockey, Parise, Terivinen RW, Meier RW
    RW(s3) Wheeler C, Taresenko, Atkinson, Gallagher
    Until(s1)

D (s4) Carlson, Yandle, Jones, Trouba

G Dubnyk, Rittich, Markstrom, Binnington

IR Ehlers, Hall

Dobber Sports Pro

Last I heard Al Franken isnt stepping down "voluntarily", he may step down tomorrow or soon after, but its only cause he was forced out by his fellow Democrats, and good on them for it.
    I'm struggling to see why this is difficult...a creeps a creep, regardless of his politics.

ps. Roy Moore is a whole different level of creep. That guy gives me chills. Looks terrible for all Republicans that he's still on the Alabama ticket, and will likely win.
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by donions View Post
    Last I heard Al Franken isnt stepping down "voluntarily", he may step down tomorrow or soon after, but its only cause he was forced out by his fellow Democrats, and good on them for it.
    I'm struggling to see why this is difficult...a creeps a creep, regardless of his politics.

ps. Roy Moore is a whole different level of creep. That guy gives me chills. Looks terrible for all Republicans that he's still on the Alabama ticket, and will likely win.
    I definitely see your point. And as I said before, if the accusations are true, then yes, absolutely he should resign. The problem that I have, is this; Franken today held himself accountable and announced his resignation. Many democrats in office have said that he should step down, and they have held him accountable. Roy Moore will not do the right thing and hold himself accountable. The President of the United States has also been accused of acts as bad as what Franken has been accused, and he will not do the right thing and hold himself accountable. The entire Republican party, will not hold their own accountable.

The corruption in politics is insane right now; maybe it has always been this bad and I have just been na?ve to it. Maybe they are just more brazen about it now. The "Right" actions of the Democrats makes them weaker, while the "Wrong" actions of the Republicans makes them stronger. I don't want to suggest that all republicans are bad and all democrats are good, but it's hard to not see that there is at least something to that stance. It's a horribly broken system which encourages shitty behaviour, and it makes me sad.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    We're blurring the line between actual victims and people who are just delicate flowers looking for attention. Someone grabbed my ass in a bar 20 twenty years ago. My crotch too, 10 years ago.
    Yesterday I heard someone (can't remember who, but it wasn't just a listener call-in) on the radio referring to people who've had this kind of thing happen as "survivors". I'd say that is taking things too far. It's actually offensive and belittling to anyone who's genuinely suffered traumatic experiences and is a true survivor.

Dobber Sports Ninja

If Al Franken has a daughter, it would be awesome if she married a Stein. That way, she could hyphenate her last name and become Mrs. Franken-Stein.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket