Thread: Marner?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Marner?

What are people doing with Mitch Marner at this point? I keep clinging on to hope that he will show some signs of life, but when the Leafs are scoring 4-5 goals per game and he can't even sniff a point in any of them, it's getting to a point where it's just unacceptable.

He looks great flying around the ice, but none of that matters if there's no production to go with it.

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Re: Marner?

In a 1-year, I’d be ok dropping him if there are good options on the wire. In a keeper, he’s still the same player he was pegged as at the end of last year IMO.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Sage

Hard to get points on the 3rd and 4th line with 12 minutes of ice time. Did he piss Babcock off tonight? That's a seriously low amount of ice.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by BooBird View Post
    What are people doing with Mitch Marner at this point? I keep clinging on to hope that he will show some signs of life, but when the Leafs are scoring 4-5 goals per game and he can't even sniff a point in any of them, it's getting to a point where it's just unacceptable.

He looks great flying around the ice, but none of that matters if there's no production to go with it.
    in a keeper you bench him. you don't trade him, you do not drop him. he just rots for a while. Too much talent to let go for peanuts to nothing
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Stud

I don't understand Babcock and how he utilizes skilled players, Marner and Nylander are constantly getting shuffled to the fourth line... while Leivo should get way more starts and second PP time when he does start IMO his shot is too good not to have him ther
    NFHA categories: G(25) A(25) PIM(3) Hits(2) Blocks(2) PPP(15) SHP(20) Goalie Stats: W(50) Sv(2) ShOu(100) OtL(10) ShL(10) L(-10) GA(-12)
    Cold As Ice Dynasty H2H categories: G A PIM SOG PPP +/- HIT BLK WINS GAA SV% SHO
    Starting Roster:
    Center - Giroux, Krejci, W.Karlsson
    Left Wing - Hall, Guentzel, Danault
    Right Wing - Stone, R.Smith, Compher
    Ultility Forward - Fast, Gaborik
    Defense - Klingberg, Pietrangelo, Jones, C.Miller, Phanuef, E.Johnson
    Goalie - Allen, R.Miller
    Bench - M.Foligno, Sheahan, Laughton, Glendening, Djoos, Jensen, H.Fleury
    Prospects - Kyrou, Andersson Hinostroza, Grundstrom, Roy, Timmins, Grzelcyk, Lauzon, Lindgren

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Wfactor View Post
    I don't understand Babcock and how he utilizes skilled players, Marner and Nylander are constantly getting shuffled to the fourth line... while Leivo should get way more starts and second PP time when he does start IMO his shot is too good not to have him ther
    almost every coach will shuffle a skill player to 3rd/4th line when they aren't performing offensively. I think it's safe to say the shuffle worked for Nylander. Not so sure about Marner. I can see a healthy scratch coming in the next week. He's 20. "There will be pain." this is Marner's.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Stud

Marner is only a couple of points behind his production last year. Relax, he will be fine.
    WHL - 24tm multicast salary partial keeper
    19 Active / 6 Reserve / 15 Minors
    3C/3LW/3RW/3F/6D/1G
    Skaters: G/ A/ +/- /PIM/SOG/PPP/Hit/Blk/FOW-C
    Goalies: GS/W/OL/GAA/SV%/SV/SHO/ShL/A

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Marner just put together 10 points in 8 games, so I don't know why everyone is panicking. Hes an easy hold in keeper leagues, but if you drafted him in a one year league expecting 70 points plus that was clearly a mistake.
    10 team, H2H, keep 10 + 1 player designated NA, Yahoo league, Daily changes.
    G, A, PPP, SOG, GWG, +-, SHP, PIM, BLK
    GS, W, L, SVPC, GAA, SHO
    C C C RW RW RW LW LW LW D D D D UTIL UTIL (no goalies) GOALIE GOALIE BENCH BENCH BENCH BENCH BENCH BENCH BENCH IR IR NA