Thread: Shopping Holtby

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Shopping Holtby

I'm currently shopping my Holtby. Which other goalies would you trade him for straight up (or close to)?

I've had talks with the owner of Talbot several weeks ago, but it's no longer an option (almost acquired Talbot for Bishop ultimately...)

Murray? Bobrovsky? Dubnyk? Vasilevskiy?

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Shopping Holtby

In one of my leagues I'm looking to trade Dubnyk and Ghost for Holtby. That's about the kind of return I would go for if I were you. That being said this league of mine is a little shallower, so a secondary piece as good as Ghost may not happen depending on your league setup, but just wanted to give you an idea.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Even with the caps early inconsistency and Holtby's "below" average stats, there is no one other than maybe Price (not sold on mon this season) or Vasilevskiy (still too small a sample size to confidentiality say he's arrived as a top teir stud) to trade Holtby for straight up for; I'd be asking for another above average piece. Like EB said with ghost, a top dman or a 2nd teir forward at minimum is what I'd be looking at depending on the goalie coming back.
    12 team H2H, auction draft salary cap, modified keeper league. Keep players at 2X their salary, cap 73M+10% buffer.
    Categories: G,A,P,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Wins,Svs,GAA,SV%

C: Stamkos(9.1), Schmaltz(1.0)-LW/C, Backlund(0.8), Little(0.5)
    LW: Ovechkin-LW/RW(10.5), Zucker(1.4), Lucic(0.5), Bertuzzi(0.2)
    RW: Kucherov(11.7), Zibanejad(1.0), Reinhart-C/RW(1.0), Jenner(0.2)
    D: Hedman(9.3), Carlson(7.6), Manson(1.5), Pulock(1.0), Theodore(1.0), Phaneuf(0.1)
    G: Hellebuyck(8.2), Vasilevskiy(4.8)

Farm: Hudon(0.3), Byron(0.2), Pearson(0.1), Roslovic(0.1), Starlman(0.2), Dunn(0.1), Saros(0.4), Darling(0.1)
    Prospects: Buchnevich, Svechnikov, Bratt, Werenski, Samsonov

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Straight up? That's easy - nobody.

With the other side adding something else I want it's still a short list, alphabetically they are:

Andersen
    Bobrovsky
    Dubnyk
    Murray
    Vasilevskiy

Chasing wins only makes this a tougher list for me. Guys I left off of significance are mostly older than Holtby, and have warts, and all are older than Holtby:

Price is very good, but is on a team that looks pretty bad right now, and has had injury issues. He'd be in the above group (or willing to straight up) if the team wasn't so bad.
    Crawford is not quite as good, but is on a team that has been good, but neitheer he nor the team have been quite as good.
    Quick had the injury last year. He's not a worldbeater, but he's a solidly above-average guy on a team that seems to be good enough.
    Talbot is a workhorse, but gets wins primarily through volume. Both he & the team have regressed some. He is also way older than you may think, Holtby is over a year younger.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Great advice, thank you guys! Pretty much what I tought. Not sure if I could land another piece as strong as Ghost. But I certainly won't trade Holtby + for Bobrovsky like I've been asked...