Thread: How to Upgrade For a Goalie

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default How to Upgrade For a Goalie

Hi All,

I'm looking for advice on what type of trade offers you've offered or received as well as any general advice for upgrading the goalie position in a one year points only league. My experience in points only pools over the past five plus years has proven difficult to make a trade for a goalie upgrade (though that may be representative of my leagues willingness to trade in general!?)

As described, I'm in a fifteen owner, one year, points only and start one goalie league. Additionally, there is only three moves permitted per season (tough, I know). I am currently first, though it's a close run right now. My goalies are Bishop and Mason, so I would like to try for an upgrade.

To give you an idea, current goalies available:
    Markstrom
    Khudobin
    Subban
    Nilsson
    Raanta

Anyway - looking for any advice on what kind of offer to extend a GM for a goalie upgrade in this type of pool. I sense it may require over payment?

Thanks. Reps as usual!
    NHL 16 Team, Keeper - Keep 22 / 44 (11 NHLers, 11 Prospects)
    NHL 15 Team, Dynasty
    NHL 10 Team, One Year
    NHL 8 Team, Cap League
    NFL 12 Team, 0.5 PPR
    NFL 10 Team, Standard Non PPR
    NFL 8 Team, 0.5 PPR
    MLB 10 Team, Roto

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: How to Upgrade For a Goalie

Would you have enough dead weight on the bench to warrant grabbing both Nilsson and Markstrom, or just Raanta?

Generally I think the best way to go, would be to find a buy-low goalie (Murray/Gibson/Rask), and then make it a 2 for 2, parting with a goalie in return, and giving them a bit of an upgrade elsewhere.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Padawan

Thanks - ugh, my mason went down, even though he's bad, it'll be a bit tougher now. May go the FA route.

Thanks again.
    NHL 16 Team, Keeper - Keep 22 / 44 (11 NHLers, 11 Prospects)
    NHL 15 Team, Dynasty
    NHL 10 Team, One Year
    NHL 8 Team, Cap League
    NFL 12 Team, 0.5 PPR
    NFL 10 Team, Standard Non PPR
    NFL 8 Team, 0.5 PPR
    MLB 10 Team, Roto

Dobber Sports Jedi

I'd go Raanta if going UFA... when playing he's performed better than Mason. I think Nilsson is probably the best bet production wise, but Markstrom's got the gig in Van as it stands. I think at best, they end up rolling a Stl. style tandem of years past (Elliott & Halak) and just play the hot G or alternating starts.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4