Thread: QB - Start 1, Drop 1

Dobber Sports Expert

Default QB - Start 1, Drop 1

Standard league, pick one to start and one to drop (can be the same guy)...highlighted is the matchup this week followed by schedule to week 16:

Roethlisberger (vs.TEN...GB, @CIN, BAL, NE, @HOU)
    Mariota (@PIT...@IND, HOU, @ARI, @SF, LAR)
    Cousins (@NO...NYG, @DAL, @LAC, ARI, DEN)

Default Re: QB - Start 1, Drop 1

I'd start Big Ben and ride em through. Highest ceiling and most home games (4) which is where he usually does his most damage. If your championship is week 15 that'll be a blast hosting NE in what will probably be a gun show. Dropping Mariota, sadly. Maybe next year but that offense is pretty anemic right now. Cousins is a play, but doesn't tickle my nethers like Big Ben does.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd probably want to play Ben this week, but I also don't want to start him for the rest of the season. He is toasty toasty retirement roasty. Marigoata has the golden schedule and Cousins is a better player and has a better schedule than Ben. I'd be fine dropping Benn and starting Mariota this week, because I wouldn't be starting Ben for the rest of the season after this week. NE is not the good matchup it was earlier in the season.

Dobber Sports Immortal

I would start Ben this week....keep Mariota long term...and try to trade Cousins.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Start Ben mostly. Drop Cousins. Use Mariota against the weak defenses that give up points to QB in truckloads.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Sorry, but I fear this is just going to add to the all over the map bag of answers so far.

The one I'm definitely hanging onto is Cousins. I'd start Ben this week. After that, I think either he or Mariota are your drop.

As mentioned, Ben has a majority of home games which historically are way better for him. But I'm still not counting on massive numbers from him.

This week should be solid.
    But I'm not counting on that GB game being competitive (meaning likely less chucking it around for Ben).
    Then he’s on the road in Cinci.
    Then has a rough one against Baltimore in week 1 of the playoffs (I wouldn't start him enthusiastically).
    And the matchup against NE the following week isn't cake. The Pats defense can be had, but they've been playing better and the team generally has a history of making statements in seemingly tough spots.

All in all, given his struggles, I'm not sure I see many spots there where Ben is a no-brainer play.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar//Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson(IR)/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand/Drouin
    D: Dobson/Trouba(IR)/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Martinez/Edvinsson/York/Gudas(IR)/Tanev
    G: Saros/Demko(IR)/Askarov/DeSmith

Dobber Sports Expert

Thanks for the input guys. I'm coin flipping Cousins and Big Ben right now. I'll be dropping Ben after tonight to make way for Olsen coming off IR next week.