Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Sorry Axe, but the Soilers are back

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Sorry Axe, but the Soilers are back

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I know... there's no chance. Shoelace has basically reduced his argument to trolling so... why not make some $$ off it?
    Yes, great point.... go for it!

I think McDavid will still be with the Oilers and have 1 Cup within the 8 years.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Yes, great point.... go for it!

I think McDavid will still be with the Oilers and have 1 Cup within the 8 years.
    Let’s wager on this.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Soilers down to Vegas 4-0 in the 3rd. It’s like the players are all settled in, waiting for the axe to fall. Changes are coming.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

This team sucks donkey balls.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

And now a 1-0 loss to Arizona. The axe has to fall on the management and coaching staff.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Soilers approaching Coilers status now.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Taco97 View Post
    Soilers approaching Coilers status now.
    Thanks for the original update. Like we all dont already know this.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Thanks for the original update. Like we all dont already know this.
    Someone's testy, haha.......you just gotta let go my man, there's always next year

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Taco97 View Post
    Someone's testy, haha.......you just gotta let go my man, there's always next year
    I am not testy. I just dont see the reason to keep piling on what is already known. What was the purpose of your post if not to fan the fire.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I am not testy. I just dont see the reason to keep piling on what is already known. What was the purpose of your post if not to fan the fire.
    I didn't realize everyone was already aware of the progression from Soilers to Coilers status, I must not have gotten the memo - apologies. Are you a Howard Stern fan? This thread reminds me of 'Hit Em With The Hein!!!!" - the more obviously irritated John Hein becomes with that expression, the more popular it is..

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

This!!! This is why I asked my honest question elsewhere.

Thanks for Entertaining me too Axe. There’s a bigger issue here I think and I hope they figure it out.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

You seem very testy. The axe needs to fall on the entire organization with McDavid being the only exception. All excuses, no solutions. Very sad.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Ok. I'll digress a bit and pull back on my "Oiler's Ruined Careers" statement made earlier (Except for Sam Gagne and Yakupov who could be argued, had their careers ruined in Edmonton as they've failed to live up to their 1st round (and 1st overall) billings. Was it a weak draft? Maybe? Did a Franchise ruin or stunt the career growth of these individuals? Perhaps... hard to say definitively either way. But like you say... they were drafted 1st round by the oilers... failed in Edmonton and really have done nothing since... 2 careers... definitely not flourishing after commencing in Edmonton. (sorry... I said I was digressing from Ruined Careers...)

But I sure as hell won't back down on my point that the Oilers RUINED OPPORTUNITES with these assets.

A competent organization would have maximized return on Hall and Eberle. (See Steve Yzerman and the bolts... Drouin (far less of a player than Hall) netted Sergachev... there was chatter about Edmonton and Montreal testing the dance floor... wouldn't Sergachev have been a more palatable return for Hall? (Rhetorical Question) Opportunity with Hall Ruined.

And no one can make a logical/respectable argument to justify Eberle for Strome... just plain laughable. at the time and now that we've been able to see it play out. Opprotunity Ruined

And if RNH is turning into such a valuable NHL Asset(I'm not argueing that he is), why is he only able to play 3rd line C on a team as horrible and failing as the Oilers? Opportunity ruined...

Dubnyk? I agree with most of what Axe has to say... especially about "Dubnyk was probably the best Oiler for years on some really bad teams." which just further strengthens my point... They had Dubnyk when they had Hall and Eberle... and with ALL of that talent, they were still a "Really Bad Team". How does one miss manage so many quality assets year in and year old and fail to see ANY progression? Dubnyk? Opportunity Ruined.

We see a bit of a change after McDavid and Draisaitl arrive... and now... back to basement dwellers? 3 years with McDavid... and only managed to see the radar "Blip" once. and right back to being a bottom dweller... Opportunities... Missed... Mismanaged... call it what you will. This is more about a franchise/organization ruining, almost pissing away multiple golden opportunities. 4 1st overall picks in what... 6 years?(plus additional top picks in between). In those 6 years... 1 playoff appearance, 2 of those 1st overall picks gone... another 1st round top producer gone and another chance at a lottery pick this year.

Toronto (argueably one of the most challenged franchises of recent memory) ... 1st overall pick after a hand full of higher end 1st round picks. One dead last finish followed by back to back playoff trips (expected) and a continued upward trajectory ...

one of these things is not like the other...

Whether careers are ruined or stunted or just poor talent exposed in Edmonton is less of a factor than is the glaring factor... Edmonton management doesn't see capable/competent to manage the talent they get and continues to ruin golden opportunity after golden opportunity.

That's my stance.
    Just saw this. very well summarized +1

Dobber Sports All-Star

I don't see Axeman getting testy or irritated at all. He's handled some of the posts very diplomaticly and good on him considering he doesn't have to defend the Oilers.

Some continue repeating the obvious to the point where it has become redundant and troll like. He is just a fan. He didn't start this thread, nor has he ever praised his team to warrant some of this pestering.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    I don't see Axeman getting testy or irritated at all. He's handled some of posts very diplomaticly and good on him considering he doesn't have to defend the Oilers.

Some continue repeating the obvious to the point where it has become redundant and troll like. He is just a fan. He didn't start this thread, nor has he ever praised his team to warrant some of this pestering.
    Amen to this post and all of Axe's posts.

Nicely said, Godin.