Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: [Rumors] Galchenyuk to the Penguins?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: [Rumors] Galchenyuk to the Penguins?

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Of course I don't have a source, but anyone who watches the games knows how much the Oilers value RNH within this team vs the value of Galchenyuk to the Habs at this point.
    As you say, "your opinion". My point is that his value is greater than Galchenyuk's and the Oilers wouldn't deal RNH for Galchenyuk.
    We could also start listing the odd trades that Bergevin has made. That doesn't mean they will trade with each other for this one.
    You obviously didn't read the reply I gave to Eric and just decided to quote my last reply for no other reason than to be malicious.
    None of these look like a source, just an opinion, which again is weird because you're very adamant about what you're saying when normally you are very concerned that unless there is a source the post holds no validity.

Soooo....no source then?

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    You throw enough bad rumours out... eventually someone's going to mistaken you for Eklund
    I actually have.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

As you say, "your opinion". My point is that his value is greater than Galchenyuk's and the Oilers wouldn't deal RNH for Galchenyuk.
    I'm sure the Oilers valued Eberle more than Strome but their poor cap management forced them to make that trade.

Just like it's going to make them get a poor return on RNH. I'm not sure why you can see that the Habs will get less value than they think for Galchenyuk but you don't feel that's the case with RNH. Galchenyuk + cap space would be a great return for a 6M player with subpar offense.

Dobber Sports Genius

It keeps getting better for Gally.

Alex Galchenyuk was back on the fourth line at Monday's practice.
    "I don't think Alex has given us enough to continue to be on our top line for the time-being," said coach Claude Julien. Galchenyuk skated alongside Nikita Scherbak and Mike McCarron, who were both just recalled from the minors. He has one goal in eight games this season.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Can't find the full quote, but Julien was just singling out Galchenyuk.

The answer was to a question of why was Byron on the top line over Galchenyuk.

This is the only tweet I could find.

John Lu‏Verified account @JohnLuTSNMtl 3h3 hours ago
    #Habs Julien didn’t single out Galchenyuk in his comments; he said “others have to give us more” offensively. CJ was responding to Q re: AG.
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Jedi

new coach same issues with Chucky.... if I'm Pitts and I'm willing to move Maata - I'd rather have RNH. might be a bit underwhelming in his toolbox, but there's enough pieces in Pitts he will find a successful niche.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Veteran

Here's the quote:
    Claude Julien says Galchenyuk "has not given us enough to be on our top line" and that Byron has earned it: "You reward guys who deserve it"
    I really hope the stand pat and don't move him.

They just need to do a better job developing him.
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    None of these look like a source, just an opinion, which again is weird because you're very adamant about what you're saying when normally you are very concerned that unless there is a source the post holds no validity.

Soooo....no source then?
    Again, I already answered that question.

Geez. When Stupidity walks into the room it's time for Common Sense to walk out. This is my cue to walk out.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Soooo....no source then?
    Sometimes the source is the person viewing the game? As lots of this is information based on how people determine their opinions based on games they watch.

But here is a Source since some people need sources so badly sometime

https://www.nhl.com/player/ryan-nuge...eason=20172018

https://www.nhl.com/player/alex-galc...eason=20172018

Take a look at ice time and shifts... I would suggest this shows that the Oilers value RNH more than the Canadiens value Galchenyuk.

Again, I already answered that question.

Geez. When Stupidity walks into the room it's time for Common Sense to walk out. This is my cue to walk out.
    So no source then. Great thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Sometimes the source is the person viewing the game? As lots of this is information based on how people determine their opinions based on games they watch.

Take a look at ice time and shifts... I would suggest this shows that the Oilers value RNH more than the Canadiens value Galchenyuk.
    Very clearly missing the point. Axe has made strong, strong stances in other threads that if you're commenting on things that are very clear, unless you have a source directly inside the management team that you can definitively point to and quote, it's quite irrelevant. It really doesn't matter that it appears that Edmonton values RNH more than Montreal values Galchenyuk, there's no source on that information, so we would all be guessing.

Like I said, it's quite odd/curious, that given Axeman's OWN actions in the past in multiple threads, his stance would be so strong without a direct source inside the Edmonton management team that he could point to as to where he is getting his information. One might even go so far as to call it quite hypocritical of him.

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    Exactly ^
    Common knowledge like this, as well as obvious opinions formed from that knowledge, does not require a source. Geez.
    I assume as such, Nashville values Alexei Emelin higher than Sam Girard, and Vegas values Derek Engellend higher than Shea Theodore, and Vegas values Derek Engelland more than Nashville values Sam Girard, and Nashville values Alexei Emelin higher than Vegas values Shea Theodore.

Don't go back-tracking on your own words now. Based on ice time and usage, arguments you JUST ENDORSED, these statements are true.

Now of course it would be silly to take something like current ice time and usage and use that as a definitive indicator of how much a team values a player, or how one team values one player vs. another team values a completely different player, but hey, don't go changing your argument now.

Of course on the other hand, the argument was that Edmonton values RNH higher than they value Galchenyuk, not that Edmonton values RNH more than Montreal values Galchenyuk. I'm not sure I see how Montreal's usage of Galchenyuk indicates to us how Edmonton values him or his relative value to RNH. Who knows, maybe Galchenyuk would play even more than RNH if he was on Edmonton. It's certainly not something anyone on here could speak to.

Dobber Sports Icon

I assume as such, Nashville values Alexei Emelin higher than Sam Girard, and Vegas values Derek Engellend higher than Shea Theodore, and Vegas values Derek Engelland more than Nashville values Sam Girard, and Nashville values Alexei Emelin higher than Vegas values Shea Theodore.

Don't go back-tracking on your own words now. Based on ice time and usage, arguments you JUST ENDORSED, these statements are true.

Now of course it would be silly to take something like current ice time and usage and use that as a definitive indicator of how much a team values a player, or how one team values one player vs. another team values a completely different player, but hey, don't go changing your argument now.

Of course on the other hand, the argument was that Edmonton values RNH higher than they value Galchenyuk, not that Edmonton values RNH more than Montreal values Galchenyuk. I'm not sure I see how Montreal's usage of Galchenyuk indicates to us how Edmonton values him or his relative value to RNH. Who knows, maybe Galchenyuk would play even more than RNH if he was on Edmonton. It's certainly not something anyone on here could speak to.

Id bet good money that Edmonton would in fact value Galchenyuk more than RNH, and not necessarily as a centerman.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    Id bet good money that Edmonton would in fact value Galchenyuk more than RNH, and not necessarily as a centerman.
    But respective ice times, Ross.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I thought it was obvious that one must consider other information as well as the sources on the ice time and # of shifts (above). Such as all the sources and media that is out there that states Galchenyuk is playing on the fourth line.

Yes there are other circumstances like Theodore playing in the AHL... but sources have explained why that is. He has a 2 way contract and other D-men on Vegas don't.

Montreal certainly isn't playing him on the 4th line because they are trying to trade him or because they are scoring so many goals that they don't need him in the top 9.

Obviously there are other reasons he has been demoted to the 4th line. And if Montreal 'higher-ups' can see it... I am sure those trusted with making decisions in Edmonton can also see it when they scout the Montreal Canadiens. Those same decision makers in Edmonton are the ones that place the value on where RNH plays in the lineup.

Dobber Sports Icon

I thought it was obvious that one must consider other information as well as the sources on the ice time and # of shifts (above). Such as all the sources and media that is out there that states Galchenyuk is playing on the fourth line.

Yes there are other circumstances like Theodore playing in the AHL... but sources have explained why that is. He has a 2 way contract and other D-men on Vegas don't.

Montreal certainly isn't playing him on the 4th line because they are trying to trade him or because they are scoring so many goals that they don't need him in the top 9.

Obviously there are other reasons he has been demoted to the 4th line. And if Montreal 'higher-ups' can see it... I am sure those trusted with making decisions in Edmonton can also see it when they scout the Montreal Canadiens. Those same decision makers in Edmonton are the ones that place the value on where RNH plays in the lineup.

The only impact that the Habs deployment of Galchenyuk will have is to make other GMs think they can get him for a bargain - they are effectively reducing his trade value by deploying him the way they have, though other GMs aren't dummies and gave been paying attention to Galch's actual performance as well. So a Chiarella may well value Galch higher than RNH regardless of how the Habs are deploying him (notably since many GMs will look at the situation and figure Galch may thrive in new surroundings), but in talking trade they will clearly say otherwise, it's all part of the game and as Bobby Mackenzie likes to say "when you're struggling, other GMs will throw you an anvil." I think when you look at what Edmonton needs, scoring punch to complement McDavid and with speed to keep up (i.e. not Lucic), I figure Galch might be a perfect fit.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper