Thread: Girl on the Train

Banned

Default Girl on the Train

When I read this book, I thought it was a great thriller. And when they decided to make a movie out of it, I became more excited. True enough, the movie wasn't bad at all. It was the thriller I had expected. Exciting, annoying.

Do you know other novels or movies that are in the thriller genre? If you love thriller, please tell me why.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Girl on the Train

Gone Girl is pretty similar to Girl on the Train. Better movie though.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Gone Girl (the movie) was way better than Girl on the Train.

Girl on the Train movie was pretty weak IMO, but to be fair the book wasn't great either.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    to be fair the book wasn't great either.
    Oh crap, I bought the book, but haven't read it yet. I've got to stop buying books until I read a bunch...way too many sitting on the unread shelves!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Master

The book was overhyped. It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't as good as the publishers would have you believe.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Titan

It was middle of the pack for me. Readable, but nothing amazing.
    John Lescroart is one of my favorite authors for mystery/thrillers.
    James Rollins just has action if that's something you would enjoy.
    Can look up some other books/titles from what I have read if you're really interested.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Banned

I haven't seen Gone Girl, and I can't wait to watch it! They are a therapy to me. Online psychologists suggest that the thriller genre stimulates the soul and wakes the mind. I don't watch much drama. It aggravates my already damp days.

How about Mother? What do you think about it?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    The book was overhyped. It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't as good as the publishers would have you believe.
    I still haven't seen the movie. The book was enjoyable enough and kept you guessing right up until the end.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

The Great One

I really enjoyed the book. I thought the movie was HORRIBLE. Emily blunt tried but that was such a big movie production- just yuck. Gone girl was much better in both formats...

Dobber Sports Legend

Yeah, I thought GOTT was just ok.

Anyone into jacked up movies ever see Excision?