Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Drop Vrana?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Drop Vrana?

What an interesting night for hockey!

Based on performance up until now, drop Vrana for Zacha? Or drop someone else on my current line?

Cheers,
    Cheers!

—-

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Drop Vrana?

I'm a Caps fan but I stayed away from both Burakovsky and Vrana in the draft. IMHO neither of them tops 50 points. And Vrana might not top 40. A lot of noise about him coming out of camp, but I don't think he has the goods to stick in the top 6.
    C: Kopitar, Jarvis (RW), Thomas
    RW: Wilson, Bratt (LW), Zuccarello, Svechnikov (LW)
    LW: B. Tkachuk, E.Kane, Boldy (RW)
    D: Matheson, Rielly, Dahlin, Burns
    G: Shesterkin, Vasilevskiy, Kochetkov
    IR+

10 Team H2H, one year, G, A, +/-, PPP, PIM, HIT, W, SVP, GAA, SV
    Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2Util, 2G

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Cheeres, Jimc21 for that insight. Being on the top line with Ovi and Kuznetsov, I thought Vrana would be contributing more like Sobotka is on the Tarasenko-Stastny line.

Vrana is rated 125 on ESPN's top 250 at the moment.
    Cheers!

—-

Dobber Sports Stud

I sure hope I'm wrong! I'd be quite glad to wear an a** hat if Vrana gets 60 points. But it ain't gonna happen. 42 points and a good shot to stick top-6 next year. You read it here first.
    C: Kopitar, Jarvis (RW), Thomas
    RW: Wilson, Bratt (LW), Zuccarello, Svechnikov (LW)
    LW: B. Tkachuk, E.Kane, Boldy (RW)
    D: Matheson, Rielly, Dahlin, Burns
    G: Shesterkin, Vasilevskiy, Kochetkov
    IR+

10 Team H2H, one year, G, A, +/-, PPP, PIM, HIT, W, SVP, GAA, SV
    Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2Util, 2G

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Ill be keeping tabs too I think I'll go with Zacha for now!

Quote Originally Posted by jimc21 View Post
    I sure hope I'm wrong! I'd be quite glad to wear an a** hat if Vrana gets 60 points. But it ain't gonna happen. 42 points and a good shot to stick top-6 next year. You read it here first.
    Cheers!

—-

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I would not drop Vrana for Zacha, based on Vrana being a much better player. I would also drop Labanc, Frk, Sobotka, and Jagr before I dropped Vrana.

The Great One

Jagr is definitely most droppable but it is a one year keague
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I agree! Last night, I was hoping Jagr would at least get an assist lol -- got zero. To be fair, it was his first game so I will give him some time as he could be high risk, high reward for top 6 and PP. Or is my head above the clouds?

QUOTE=Sulla;1814927]Jagr is definitely most droppable but it is a one year keague[/QUOTE]
    Cheers!

—-

Dobber Sports Grand Master

He will play more with Bennett than he will with Gaudreau. I'd rather the guy playing with Ovie and PP2 than the guy playing with Bennett and PP1

Dobber Sports Jedi

there must be a more dependable experienced player on the Wire you can add vs. Zacha. in a one year league, speculative prospects/rookies are such a crap shoot. I'd just start rolling that roster slot for an active player every day vs. trying to find a hot stick for the season -- unless you get the hot stick as the season wears in rotating that slot
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks for your insights, everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    there must be a more dependable experienced player on the Wire you can add vs. Zacha. in a one year league, speculative prospects/rookies are such a crap shoot. I'd just start rolling that roster slot for an active player every day vs. trying to find a hot stick for the season -- unless you get the hot stick as the season wears in rotating that slot
    I agree and given that there is a transaction limit, I understand that I cant be looking for a a hot stick every day. I guess it's a consequence that usually happens in the first couple of weeks of season when one tries to upgrade deficiencies done during the draft or missed opportunities that one cannot yet anticipate during the draft.

Regarding dependable experienced players in the wire, who are some you guys would recommend:

D. Brassard
    D. Brown
    A. Cogliano
    K. Versteeg
    E. Lindholm
    N. Bjugstad
    C. Stewart
    J. Hayes
    P. Buchnevich
    B. Dubinsky
    M. Hanzal
    D. Perron
    F. Nielsen
    D. Sedin
    H. Sedin
    S. Gagner

Cheers!
    Cheers!

—-

The Great One

There’s a load in there but limited transactions probably means they should have been drafted first - as others point out rookies can be rocky ground and expecting more than 40-45 in most cases can be a recipe for disaster (especially in their first year or two of pro)
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by cfmd28 View Post
    Thanks for your insights, everyone!

I agree and given that there is a transaction limit, I understand that I cant be looking for a a hot stick every day. I guess it's a consequence that usually happens in the first couple of weeks of season when one tries to upgrade deficiencies done during the draft or missed opportunities that one cannot yet anticipate during the draft.

Regarding dependable experienced players in the wire, who are some you guys would recommend:

D. Brassard
    D. Brown
    A. Cogliano
    K. Versteeg
    E. Lindholm
    N. Bjugstad
    C. Stewart
    J. Hayes
    P. Buchnevich
    B. Dubinsky
    M. Hanzal
    D. Perron
    F. Nielsen
    D. Sedin
    H. Sedin
    S. Gagner

Cheers!
    Lindholm & Buchnevich jump out at me immediately.. Buchnevich was last years version of Vrana/Zacha -- hell, NYR sent him to the minors on a fitness regime because he was getting back spasms because his core was shit. I think he's learned. 3a in 4 games. He's on a good line. I'm a big fan and sincerely think he's going north of 50pts this year. One dimensional though, no hits, no PIM - not as big of a deal in your scoring system as other H2H leagues that count peripherals.

Lindholm, like Buch, I expect to crack 50pts this year. He'll also give you 80-100 hits, a little bonus tick for him. Those would be my two options and would be longer term holds based on your limited transactions
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Prodigy

After giving your response a serious thought, I was ready to grab Buch until I saw Andrighetto and Brown's performance the other day, and then reading your post just now .... Of course my ideal pick would be a well-rounded point producer, 1st line, 1PP, and hits/blocks that can sustain the full season.

I saw you went for Brown. I'm now wondering Buch or Andrighetto haha.

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Lindholm & Buchnevich jump out at me immediately.. Buchnevich was last years version of Vrana/Zacha -- hell, NYR sent him to the minors on a fitness regime because he was getting back spasms because his core was shit. I think he's learned. 3a in 4 games. He's on a good line. I'm a big fan and sincerely think he's going north of 50pts this year. One dimensional though, no hits, no PIM - not as big of a deal in your scoring system as other H2H leagues that count peripherals.

Lindholm, like Buch, I expect to crack 50pts this year. He'll also give you 80-100 hits, a little bonus tick for him. Those would be my two options and would be longer term holds based on your limited transactions
    Cheers!

—-

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Hi Rataylor22, what do you think about Dustin Brown?

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I would not drop Vrana for Zacha, based on Vrana being a much better player. I would also drop Labanc, Frk, Sobotka, and Jagr before I dropped Vrana.
    Cheers!

—-