View Poll Results: Vrana vs Namestnikov (Points)

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vrana

5 26.32%
  • Namestnikov

14 73.68%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Namestnikov vs Vrana

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Namestnikov vs Vrana

Hey team,

Just curious who the masses prefer in this match up.

I've got Vladdy who I identified over the summer as a real asset so long as he's on that top line and top PP. So far so good, but Vrana just hit the waiver wire and I could snake him at the expense of Namestinkov.

My league really values youth and Vrana is that and in a terrific role at evens, but that PP2 in Washington isn't nearly as tempting.

Leaning towards standing pat, but figured I'd consult this knowledgeable crowd at my disposal.

Thoughts?
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Namestnikov vs Vrana

I'd hold Namestnikov for as long as he's in the situation he's in. That situation being; beside kuch and Stamkos on the first line and PP1.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    I'd hold Namestnikov for as long as he's in the situation he's in. That situation being; beside kuch and Stamkos on the first line and PP1.
    this exactly.

Vrana is in his first full year... so there will be growing pains for him along the way. And Washington lines always seem to switch up when Ovy goes cold... so Vrana could see himself on less suiting line at any time during the year.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Vrana for me, although I own both in one league.

Namestikov is less green and I think will be better while in that role. But he has also shown many times that his can end, even if its not his fault and due to circumstance.
    Vrana's only real knock against him is exactly that, he's green. But with the number of players they lost in Washington in the offseason, I think he will stick around with the big guns for large portions of the season. Was at a Washington game last week and the three looked pretty dynamic.

Dobber Sports Sage

Hold Namestnikov.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Take Vrana here he's got more upside and will be the better player in the long run and maybe even this year.
    Finished 2nd '09 , 3rd '10, 3rd '11, 2nd '12, 5th '13, 4th '14, 2nd '15
    16 Team Lifetime Keeper: Total Fantasy Points; Weekly Changes (Mon.) 32 Man Roster
    Dress 2 G, 6 D, 12 F

Keep 17 of 32 and Less Than 41gp Career Including Playoffs
    G=2, A=1, +/-=1, Pim=0.2
    W=4, L= -2, SO=5
    F= Parise, Marleau, Kopitar, Nichushkin ,Schwartz, Nyquist, Backes, Backstrom, Perry, Zetterberg, Thornton, Iginla, Lecavalier, Burrows, Goldobin, Jones, Petan, Virtanen, Vrana
    D= S. Weber, Gostisbehere, McDonagh, Miller, Enstrom, Girardi, Colaiacovo, Boyle, Carrick
    G= Lundqvist, Rinne
    , Tokarski

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by HRM Fantasy Fan View Post
    Take Vrana here he's got more upside and will be the better player in the long run and maybe even this year.
    With 17 keepers there is virtually no chance he's keeping either player. I'd say this decision is all about points for me now and I maintain Namestnikov is in a substantially better situation right now. If he falls off PP1 and the top line then you keep him on a short leash. Both of these players are dropable given the ops stacked team.

That said id also look at dropping Tolvanen or Yamamoto this year instead as I'm believing less and less that Yamamoto has serious impact this season and tolvanen isn't in north America. Unless I'm missing something the op probably won't be keeping either of those players next year given his team.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Superstar

Vrana's ice time is already dropping so Namestnikov for sure.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:B.Tkachuk,Alien,Stutzle,Miller,Connor,Guentzel,Sv ech,Thomas,Rust,Jenner,Bennett,Tolvanen,Danault,Sc hwartz,Arvidsson
    D:Carlson,Nurse,Theodore,Matheson,Harley,Pettersson
    G:Jarry,Kotchetkov,Stolarz
    IR:Gudas,Vilardi

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Ziba,
    Tro,Kempe,Vilardi
    L: Drai,Forsberg,Tolvanen,Nyquist
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier,Raymond
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shest,Kotchetkov

Dobber Sports Star

I think the OP might have the most unfairly stacked team on the entire forum, and I refuse to help him

Crosby, McDavid, P. Kane, Benn, Backstrom, Tarasenko, Gaudreau, Letang, Klingberg, OEL, Price. You gotta be kidding me.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    I think the OP might have the most unfairly stacked team on the entire forum, and I refuse to help him

Crosby, McDavid, P. Kane, Benn, Backstrom, Tarasenko, Gaudreau, Letang, Klingberg, OEL, Price. You gotta be kidding me.
    I thought the same thing when I first responded. The real answer is it doesn't matter as you are going to win your league regardless of this move.

Forwards:

Defense:

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    I thought the same thing when I first responded. The real answer is it doesn't matter as you are going to win your league regardless of this move.
    He should release them both into the FA pool so the other 11 teams have a glimmer of hope and don't all just quit.

Dobber Sports Stud

Great discussion, all!

Yes, my team is way too jacked up. It's almost not fair, but hey, what can you do!

I think virtually everyone is right here.. Vrana likely holds more value long term and Washington doesn't really have an option outside of Brett Connolly to push him out of the top six. However there will be up and downs with the rookie.

Namestnikov should net more points in that plum spot at evens and on the PP, but if the line goes icy, he's the one who will be shifted, even if through no fault of his own.

Yamamoto and Tolvanen are going to be keepers for me if they make it on my squad that long. My league values young elite talents so highly that i can probably wait 6-18 months and parlay one into a real current star - it's how i've built this team thus far.

While Vrana may hold a touch more trade value due to his pedigree and age, I think I'll stick with Vladdy as he's a guy i've targeted and for good reason.

Thanks, team!
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Joe Davola View Post
    Hey team,

Just curious who the masses prefer in this match up.

I've got Vladdy who I identified over the summer as a real asset so long as he's on that top line and top PP. So far so good, but Vrana just hit the waiver wire and I could snake him at the expense of Namestinkov.

My league really values youth and Vrana is that and in a terrific role at evens, but that PP2 in Washington isn't nearly as tempting.

Leaning towards standing pat, but figured I'd consult this knowledgeable crowd at my disposal.

Thoughts?
    I'd look to move out Bergeron then add Vrana if youth is very important. Otherwise you could flip the hyped up Tolv and Yams for a better asset and add Vrana too.

But right now I'd hold Names
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I’m in the camp of holding Names

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Rodgort View Post
    I'd look to move out Bergeron then add Vrana if youth is very important. Otherwise you could flip the hyped up Tolv and Yams for a better asset and add Vrana too.

But right now I'd hold Names
    That's not bad... I won't really be using Bergeron much this season as my 9/10th forward.

Keep on, keepin' on.