Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jesper Bratt

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Jesper Bratt

This kid didn't have his own thread yet, and he totally deserves one. 5 points for him after 5 periods of NHL hockey, he's making it look easy. I had no idea who he was before his first NHL game but he definitely caught everyone's eye during that game because he was creating something offensively in almost every shift. It looks like he has quick feet, quick hands, a very good wrist shot, and a smart head. He's not big by any means (5'10", 179 lbs) but he won't give up any pucks without a fight and often times steals pucks from the other guys. He isn't afraid to hit or to take a hit.

Bratt has spent the past two seasons playing against men at the 2nd highest level in Sweden (Allsvenskan) and hasn't produced much offensively, so that's probably why he's flown under the radar. But when looking at his junior numbers, his age-16 season at the U20 level in Sweden was actually very strong, so I'm not really sure how he fell all the way to 162nd overall in the 2016 draft.

Here's his shorthanded goal from today's game against Buffalo: https://www.nhl.com/video/bratt-slip...844/c-53322103

Shout out to The Comish for naming Bratt his deep sleeper for this season on October 1st!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Jesper Bratt

Good call JP.

Super deep sleeper. He isn’t even in Dobbers prospect guide this year.

Anyone care to put a 3yp, upside and comparable player for this kid?

Dobber Sports Pro

He does look good, but so far is scoring on 100% of his shots
    WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H) Est. 2015

Vancouver Voodoo
    C: Scheifele, Sedin, Stastny, Zetterberg
    LW: Panarin, Landeskog,
    RW: P. Kane, , Meier, Mantha, Anderson, Coyle, Hansen
    D: Carlson, Faulk, Hamilton, Trouba, Goligoski, Matheson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    Minors: Demko, Virtanen, Walman, Benson, Gourde, Boqvist, Glass, Foote, Claesson, Gaudette

12 team, keep 15 H2H Weekly
    Crosby, Malkin, Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, Byfuglien, OEL, Klingberg, Holtby, Quick, Scheifele, Hellebuyck, Simmonds, Arvidsson, Schenn

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Guru

Where did you get that nifty bar graph JP?
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Administrator

I don't think he'll do the same shot volume but I picked him in my deep cap league for all the same reasons I picked up Viktor Arvidsson.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

Dobber Sports Wizard

He does look good early on. I wonder where he ends up in the line when Palmieri and Stafford come back. He was playing 3rd line before they got injured. Incidentally, he is also getting lots of PP right now.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    He does look good early on. I wonder where he ends up in the line when Palmieri and Stafford come back. He was playing 3rd line before they got injured. Incidentally, he is also getting lots of PP right now.
    And he's not going to keep scoring shorties. He's already got two SHP in two games. No doubt his game lends itself to scoring shorthanded, but the upper limit is like 10 SHP in a season.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

The Magnificent One

Wrote about him in the devils section. Most likely he will be 3rd line lw or possibly he shifts to rw 2nd line. Or if he keeps the chemistry with hall maybe they ride him on line one and palmeri moves to 2nd line rw. It's anyone's guess. They are letting the youngsters show themselves this year.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    Where did you get that nifty bar graph JP?
    Made it from my Excel file which has a lot of junior scoring numbers from the past 10 years. It's a simple graph showing their point-per-game numbers from the same league at the same age, so nothing fancy.

They might move him to 3rd line but I could also see them moving Stafford to 3rd line and letting Bratt stay in top-6. They trusted him with PK duties right away from game #1, so they clearly have a lot of trust in him as a player.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by GoNucks View Post
    He does look good, but so far is scoring on 100% of his shots
    Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    And he's not going to keep scoring shorties. He's already got two SHP in two games. No doubt his game lends itself to scoring shorthanded, but the upper limit is like 10 SHP in a season.
    I just wanted to add to this conversation. Obviously he's not going to score 205 points this season which is his current pace. I think we all know that. But his points haven't been just lucky either. Even if you only look at the highlights, you'll see the type of talent he has. And sure, he's not going to score 82 short-handed points either. I think we all know that as well. If he scores 10 short-handed points, that's hugely valuable in many leagues that count that stat. If he adds 20 ES points and 15 PP points to that, then that would be 45 points already which would be a huge rookie season. So yeah, sure, not going to get 205 points or 82 short-handed points from him. And his SH% won't stay at 100% either. But if you can get 40-50 points from a guy most fantasy hockey GMs haven't even heard about, then I'd think that would be quite valuable.

I'm just wondering if people were saying stuff like this when Ovechkin scored 7 goals on 14 shots. "He can't continue scoring on 50% of his shots." I doubt many people were expecting Ovechkin to score 287 goals this season after the first two games. Well, maybe some people need to hear that, so I'll just say it - Ovechkin won't score 200+ goals this season! Sell him now while others are still expecting that! And Bratt won't score 200+ points this season! If you can get two 100 point players for him, sell him immediately!

EDIT: I think I lost my point a little bit because I was having too much fun with small sample size projections, so I'll just summarize it - after scoring 5 points in 2 games, can you ever make a case that "yeah, this is sustainable"? I don't think you can. That's just what I was trying to say - there's really no point trying to highlight how it's not sustainable because everyone knows it.

By the way, even though Palmieri is returning to the lineup, he's going to start on the 3rd line while Bratt stays on the 1st line with Hall and Zacha.

Andrew Gross‏ @AGrossRecord
    #NJDevils practice
    Hall-Zacha-Bratt
    Johansson-Hischier-Hayes
    Wood-Henrique-Palmieri
    Gibbons-Coleman-Noesen
    (No Drew Stafford)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Konency or Bratt in a multicat keeper league?

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by teepee1 View Post
    I think its too early for anyone to provide any kind of solid comparison/predictions here. People are still figuring out who he is, let alone what he is. For what it's worth, I nabbed him in two dynasty leagues. Konecny hits, Bratt doesn't seem to very much (3 game sample). Safe play is obviously take the better known commodity in Konecny. I think a comparison for Bratt, might be a Konecny, Aho, Arvidsson Point type player, 40 points from Bratt would be like Bennett giving an owner 55.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by teepee1 View Post
    I'm taking Konecny here.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Wizard

Trivia question: who was the last rookie to score 6 points in his first 3 NHL games?
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Ace

Trivia question: who was the last rookie to score 6 points in his first 3 NHL games?
    Probably the 1st one because at 19 years old and being only a 6th round of last year it's quiet impressive.
    10teams H2H keep 12 dress 3C,3LW,3RW,6D,2G,2uti+4bench
    G,A,PIM,PPP,SOG,HIT,BS,W,L,GAA,SV%
    C:GETZ,Pavelski,Rakell,Brassard
    RW:P.Kane,Tarasenko,Wheeler,Silfverberg,Brown
    LW:Paciorety,Mantha,Panik,Namestnikov
    D:OEL,Burns,Josi,BUFF,E.Johnson,Sergachev,Mcavoy
    G:Holtby,Dubnyk,Budaj