Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Jesper Bratt

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Jesper Bratt

Obviously he's due for regression but as someone who has seen all of his shifts thus far he really passes the eye test for me. He's pretty small and not as strong on the puck as other little guys but man is he skilled and extremely smart and poised. Constantly creating offense so far these first 3 games

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    Trivia question: who was the last rookie to score 6 points in his first 3 NHL games?
    Auston Matthews

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Tfan5211 View Post
    Auston Matthews
    5 points.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Ace

Thought I'd bump this... is this kid for real? Think he'll put up 60+ this season?

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by kbro View Post
    Thought I'd bump this... is this kid for real? Think he'll put up 60+ this season?
    If I had to guess, I'd say no because when all the forwards in New Jersey are healthy, Bratt doesn't get top 6 minutes or enough power play time to be productive. He certainly has the skill to be a 60+ pt player, and when he gets to play with Hall, he produces. In the early part of the season, when Palmieri and Stafford were injured, Bratt had 6 pts. Then Stafford and Palmieri returned to the lineup, and he got 0 pts. Then, Palmieri got hurt again, and Bratt got 4 pts in 2 games.

He has 10 pts in 10 games, but all the points have come when other top 6 forwards were injured.

When Palmeiri returns, Bratt will likely go back to the third line, so 60 points is likely out of reach.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Jedi

I'd rather have Bratt on my 2nd line vs. Stafford.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I'd rather have Bratt on my 2nd line vs. Stafford.
    I completely agree, though for some reason Bratt hasn't been getting top 6 minutes when all the forwards are healthy.

Zajac should be back soon too, and that further complicates things.

The problem with Bratt is that he is very good defensively as well, so he is better suited for a 3rd line checking role than someone like Stafford.

I'm not saying Bratt won't stick in the top 6 (I certainly feel he should stay there), but so far in this early season that hasn't been the case when everyone is healthy.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Wizard

Bratt is still a young kid playing his rookie season, and doing very well on the 3rd line. There's no reason to add his minutes at this point unless they're faced with injury troubles.

I wouldn't expect 60 points this season. Rookies always have their ups and downs. But I think 50 points is possible. He's definitely talented but consistency is one of the hardest things to learn - how to play your best for 82 games.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

How is everyone feeling about Bratt after another season in the books? 32 points in 60 games including a career high 16 goals in a weak lineup and constant line shuffling. I think he can break out this coming season but I also thought that last year at this time...

I'm in the midst of a rebuild and can only keep 2 of Bratt, Kyrou and Batherson. Points only keeper - any advice? I'm leaning Bratt and Batherson because of the depth on St. Louis but Kyrou's situation is a trade away from changing drastically.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Penman View Post
    How is everyone feeling about Bratt after another season in the books? 32 points in 60 games including a career high 16 goals in a weak lineup and constant line shuffling. I think he can break out this coming season but I also thought that last year at this time...

I'm in the midst of a rebuild and can only keep 2 of Bratt, Kyrou and Batherson. Points only keeper - any advice? I'm leaning Bratt and Batherson because of the depth on St. Louis but Kyrou's situation is a trade away from changing drastically.
    I expect him to continue his progression but not sure I expect huge leaps from him next season. I still see another step forward but not a leap.

I agree that he's one of the guys I'd keep from this three but trying to choose between Kyrou and Batherson is tough. Batherson has the clearer path to production but I do like Kyrou and a prospect too. I'd be in that area where I'd flip a coin and be happy with the choice LOL!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."