Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Vegas Golden Knights

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Vegas Golden Knights

I believe this is the only of the official dobberhockey NHL team threads that isn’t stickied...just sayin...

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias Funke View Post
    I believe this is the only of the official dobberhockey NHL team threads that isn’t stickied...just sayin...
    It is now.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Ace

The universe feels much more balanced now. Thanks eric.

Administrator

The universe feels much more balanced now. Thanks eric.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Stud

Shipachev (spelling?) mishandled or not is a distant memory now. VGK are within striking distance of the best record in the league. MAF will be a vezina contender. I expect a deep playoff run too. This team is built to compete.
    I am a die-hard Avalanche fan!
    PARTIAL DYNASTY (Keep 20 from year to year)
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G every night

G ,A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    Wins, Saves, SV%, GAA, SO

C-Eichel, Marner (RW), Matthews
    L- Skinner, Pacioretty, Vanek, Perlini, Palat
    R- Hoffman, Byron, Tuch, Kerfoot, Sprong
    D- Ekblad, Gostisbehere, Rielly, Borowiecki, Montour, Girard, Orpik, Schenn
    G-Fleury, Rask, Brossoit, Saros, Kuemper, Appleby

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by ShawneePanthers View Post
    Shipachev (spelling?) mishandled or not is a distant memory now. VGK are within striking distance of the best record in the league. MAF will be a vezina contender. I expect a deep playoff run too. This team is built to compete.
    The fact that they won so many games with Malcom Subban and Maxime Lagace.... man... this team is flipping the NHL on its head.

Next year though, there will be a let down and they will struggle to make the playoffs. They will get figured out and the emotion will fall off. The Florida Panthers are a great example of this, though in slightly different circumstances.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    The fact that they won so many games with Malcom Subban and Maxime Lagace.... man... this team is flipping the NHL on its head.

Next year though, there will be a let down and they will struggle to make the playoffs. They will get figured out and the emotion will fall off. The Florida Panthers are a great example of this, though in slightly different circumstances.
    It's easy to predict next year they'll struggle, just like everyone predicted this year they would also. The fact is, we were all wrong this year (BIG TIME), so with the majority of the roster staying in tact, I wouldn't be surprised if they again ride 4 lines and roll over most of the teams again.
    Yahoo:16 team h2h (18 man rosters) 4keepers per team
    player cats:
    G,A,+/-ppp,shp,sog,gwg,hits,blks :goalie cats:W,gaa,sv%,so
    3c-Zibanejad, Getzlaf, Trochek
    6w-Fiala, JT Miller,Pastrnak, Pearson, kapanen, Lindblom
    4d-Hamilton,Provorov, R.Andersson, Doughty
    2g-Markstrom, Blackwood
    bench-Schultz, McCann, Lowry
    IR:Kucherov, Beauvilier

Fantrax:Nordiques 9 team dynasty pts only (max roster:50)
    notables:Stamkos, Seguin, Kuznetsov, E.Lindholm, Debrincat, Wheeler, Marchand, PLD, Kessel, Meier, Tuch, Hedman, Suter, Chabot, Bobrovsky ,Hellebuyck, Binnington
    notable prospects:Turcotte, Zegras, N.Suzuki, Farabee, Denisenko, Krebs, N.Robertson, Jokiharju, Shestyorkin

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Avalanche_Ambush View Post
    It's easy to predict next year they'll struggle, just like everyone predicted this year they would also. The fact is, we were all wrong this year (BIG TIME), so with the majority of the roster staying in tact, I wouldn't be surprised if they again ride 4 lines and roll over most of the teams again.
    Gotta think that the negative regression guys like Karlsson are going to be likely to see next season can be offset by the amount of young talent they have growing in their system already. Add to that tons of picks over the next few years, it looks like they've found a way within the salary cap system to create a truly successful expansion franchise. Its really just up to GMGM to not stray from the course they're on and they should have a great team for years.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Master

Teams eventually get figured out. As much as they have something going, I honestly don't see it surviving. My best is they miss the playoffs in 18-19. They've caught lightning in a bottle for this year but next year, the chip on the shoulder is gone and then let's see what kind of team we've got.

I am still very impressed with what they've done. It's groundbreaking.
    Blades of Steel

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

If the team keeps both Neal and Perron there is no way that this team doesn't make playoffs next season.. The Knights are a much better team then Florida was last year and is now.. Better goaltending, better defence, and a much more balanced attack.. Go Knights Go!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    If the team keeps both Neal and Perron there is no way that this team doesn't make playoffs next season.. The Knights are a much better team then Florida was last year and is now.. Better goaltending, better defence, and a much more balanced attack.. Go Knights Go!!
    I still don't think so. Neal is having a near perfect season, Perron too. The drivers on the team are Marchesseault and Karlsson. I think the latter takes a huge step back next year but I do feel Marchesseault is the real deal. I think the Neal we saw in Nashville these past few years is the real Neal, not the guy who is scoring 40-50 goals without riding shotgun to the likes of Malkin and alike.

This is a surprising team and I remain very impressed. Next year, when the party is over and everyone is hungover, let's see how it goes. Until then, though, hey let's enjoy the ride. What a story.
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

I do love how the boys from Sportsnet have said George McPhee turns everything into gold.. Ummmmmm does everyone forget Martin Erat for Filip Forsberg??

Dobber Sports Immortal

Can't wait for Tatar to score in LV. Always overreacts but now the celebrations might seem warranted.

What does "stickied" even mean??

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    I do love how the boys from Sportsnet have said George McPhee turns everything into gold.. Ummmmmm does everyone forget Martin Erat for Filip Forsberg??
    It's funny - a friend and I were talking about the Top 5 GMs in the NHL right now, and one of the biggest debates was about whether Forsberg-for-Erat alone immediately disqualified McPhee from consideration.

I came down on "No, but it wipes out everything good he has done in Vegas."
    18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Cholowski, Honka, Matheson, Pulock, Shattenkirk

Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Merzlikins

2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!