Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Vegas Golden Knights

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Vegas Golden Knights

For those who watch Vegas games...
    How legit does Shea Theodore look on the ice? And what about William Karlsson?
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by rufio.85 View Post
    For those who watch Vegas games...
    How legit does Shea Theodore look on the ice? And what about William Karlsson?
    I only saw the Leafs game the other night... but W. Karlsson & Marchessault were all over the ice. Theodore looks as legit a D prospect as they come. on one goal, his vision cross crease when everyone figured he'd cut behind the net was just sick.

Karlsson's a hard egg to crack... 9 goals his previous career high, now on pace for 40. He def is worth nabbing ROS. and in dynasties could be a helluva waiver add moving forward. I for one am hoping he becomes a stable 30g guy
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Well these Golden Knights are going to make the trade deadline less exciting than it could have been.

Two of the major names that would likely have been sold to the highest bidders (Neal and Marchessault) are likely not being traded now. #Dissapointed.

Dobber Sports Immortal

This whole expansion draft has made my latest foray into the NHL 18 franchise mode that much better. Go VGK

The Army Golden Knights are going after the Vegas Golden Knights again.

https://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2018/1/...ame-colors-nhl

I love this comment:

'Indeed, the two entities have been coexisting without any issues for over a year (along with several other Golden Knights trademark owners) and we are not aware of a single complaint from anyone attending our games that they were expecting to see the parachute team and not a professional hockey game.'

Administrator

Vegas should offer a basic parachuting show during intermissions just to mess with them

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Vegas should offer a basic parachuting show during intermissions just to mess with them

That would be hilarious. Or get some parachute company to be a sponsor and have advertisement around the arena for the company.

I am thinking of a commercial where a couple of NHL Vegas players are seen skydiving and then pull their parachute and land on the Ice inside their arena... then an announcer says

'T Mobile Arena home of the REAL Golden Knights'
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Administrator

Vegas could be the first team to have jersey ads, all from parachute/skydiving companies.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Jedi

would this not have all been covered during the naming process - copyrights etc. ?

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    would this not have all been covered during the naming process - copyrights etc. ?
    I know there was a concern when they first announced the name that there was this parachuting team... but not sure what all came about from it.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I know there was a concern when they first announced the name that there was this parachuting team... but not sure what all came about from it.
    They do still have the rights to the name “Sand Knights” if it all goes wrong.

I feel like I remember they also looked at “Black Knights” and just “Knights” but ran into copyright/trademark issues with both of those names as well.
    18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Cholowski, Honka, Matheson, Pulock, Shattenkirk

Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Merzlikins

2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    if I'm remembering correctly, any group with the same name was given an opportunity to raise complaint before they announced the team. Also wonder.. if they were 12-25-5 would they be making a fuss?

Dobber Sports Master

If there is no confusion of sector of activity or industry then there can be no claim of encroachment. Mattel lost a very famous case many years ago against a restaurant named Barbie's, that even had its signage and colours look exactly like the branding of the Mattel doll and they still lost.

Get this garbage out of here...
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Prodigy

yea, I thought so too, I mean the owner is an old Army officer, too.....just seems weird that this is coming up now.
    H2H Points in a Fleaflicker Lg: Ten teams - Four make playoffs -- Roster: 28 Total-18 Starters, 10 Bench, +5 IR (Allowed 25 Keepers)
    Offense: HatTricks/Goals/PowerPlay/ShortHanded/Assist/PIM/FaceOffs/SOG/Plus-Minus
    Defense: Hits/Blocks
    Goalies: Win/Loss/OT Loss/ShutOut/Save/GA

Center: Karlsson / Monahan / Scheifele / Trocheck / Luc-Dubois

L/W: Brady Thachuk / Zucker / Jenner / JT Miller / Hyman

R/W: Elias Lindholm / Dominik Kubalik / Stamkos / Teravainen

W/F: DeBrincat / Tatar

D: Ekholm / Seth Jones / Heiskanen / Hamilton / Sergachev

G: MAF / Binnington / Koskinen

IR: Scheifele

Dobber Sports Veteran

RECORD BREAKING ALERT

With this win, we have tied both the 1993-94 Florida Panthers and 1993-94 Anaheim Mighty Ducks for the most wins (33) in a season by a first-year expansion team.
    https://twitter.com/GoldenKnights/st...58527445811200
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster