Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Vegas Golden Knights

The Great One

Default Re: Vegas Golden Knights

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    I don't know why people are so surprised that this team is managing to do as well as they have been so far.

Like yeah, they're a rag tag bunch of players, but a lot of their roster has youthful exuberance and the few established players they have are playing a larger role with more ice time to shine...with zero expectations.

They will hit the inevitable wall but I'm really not surprised they're doing well to come out of the gate.
    No disrespect here- much respect in fact BUT...

Lol- I love these posts. The post-fact, super-long-shot, un-prefaced "I told you so". A bunch of scrubs literally making history in front of us- running second and third string goalies- and of course someones not shocked- haha! My favorite part of any forum

Dobber Sports Stud

Vegas is 7-1 and off to a historic start. Why not trust in the coach and GM who have put together such a show?

I know it's easy to sit back on the internet and criticize the way Ship has been handled (and I agree on some points), but who knows- is it remotely possible that the coach knows something about his play that we don't?

I mean to be fair, it's hard to predict how people will do in the league, and I think at this point Vegas expected more out of Ship. Looks like they took a risk and it didn't pan out. Regardless, it's hardly hurting them in the standings.
    I am a die-hard Avalanche fan!
    PARTIAL DYNASTY (Keep 20 from year to year)
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G every night

G ,A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    Wins, Saves, SV%, GAA, SO

C-Eichel, Marner (RW), Matthews
    L- Skinner, Pacioretty, Vanek, Perlini, Palat
    R- Hoffman, Byron, Tuch, Kerfoot, Sprong
    D- Ekblad, Gostisbehere, Rielly, Borowiecki, Montour, Girard, Orpik, Schenn
    G-Fleury, Rask, Brossoit, Saros, Kuemper, Appleby

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by ShawneePanthers View Post
    Vegas is 7-1 and off to a historic start. Why not trust in the coach and GM who have put together such a show?

I know it's easy to sit back on the internet and criticize the way Ship has been handled (and I agree on some points), but who knows- is it remotely possible that the coach knows something about his play that we don't?

I mean to be fair, it's hard to predict how people will do in the league, and I think at this point Vegas expected more out of Ship. Looks like they took a risk and it didn't pan out. Regardless, it's hardly hurting them in the standings.
    I would agree with you that it is normally prudent to trust the GM and coach on these types of matters but my issue with the whole situation comes down to opporunity. You don't sign one of the higher touted free agents to a two year, $4.5M contract and not give him every opportunity to prove his worth at the NHL level. And by proving his worth, I do mean more than just playing in pre-season games. This guy isn't a rookie who's out for a look. He was signed to a pretty lucrative contract.

This comes down more to not wanting to waive a player or two to make room for him on the roster because he's waiver eligible than a coaching/GM decision. If he's not good enough then so be it, but I have a hard time seeing that being the case considering they've barely given him a chance to prove that, especially considering the money they gave him to sign there.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post

Lol- I love these posts. The post-fact, super-long-shot, un-prefaced "I told you so". A bunch of scrubs literally making history in front of us- running second and third string goalies- and of course someones not shocked- haha! My favorite part of any forum
    Well it's not like it doesn't happen with every expansion team.

Dobber Sports Wizard

This is just too funny. Vegas gave Garrison an 'A' on his chest, then played him 4 games, then put him sitting for 4 games, and now they've put him on waivers. That's a bit embarrassing.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Reinhart has been sent to Chicago (https://theahl.com/stats/transactions)

Administrator

Reinhart is there on a conditioning stint

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Veteran

Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Ninja

I mean, statistics like that are cool and all but as usual people state statistics with zero context.

I'll give you a hint, 9 of those teams were created over a span of 10 years. 1 team was created 16 years later.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post

Oh don't get me wrong I'm not saying "I told you so". I'm just saying that it was a very real possibility. I even made a $$ bet with a friend before the season started that they wouldn't be last place in the league this year (which they very well still could). I'm not saying I think you're all stupid or anything I'm just saying it was definitely conceivable.

Also, for the record I disagree and always have disagreed with the mentality that they are a bunch of scrubs.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Wow what's with all the negativity in this thread. Are people bitter because they drafted Ship for their fantasy teams?

I'm loving this team.

By the way, Garrison getting put on waivers, does this offer any hope for Theodore getting promoted to the big club?
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Veteran

...and Garrison clears waivers. https://twitter.com/friedgehnic/stat...06808398790657

Great game last night as well. I didn't think Dansk had it in him.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Reinhart clears waivers

Bob McKenzie
    @TSNBobMcKenzie

Griffin Reinhart (VGK) and Louis Domingue (ARI) both clear waivers. No one on waivers today.
    https://twitter.com/tsnbobmckenzie/s...30200177410048

Dobber Sports Veteran

NEWS: Defenseman Shea Theodore has been recalled from @Chicago_Wolves.

https://twitter.com/GoldenKnights/st...36356094611456
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Icon

Just so every one is clear...Vegas' team was set up to have a very easy start to the season. The NHL is not stupid.

Vegas has played 3 teams who were in the playoffs last year and have played 2 games on the road so far. They have had, by far, the easiest schedule of all the teams in the NHL. St Louis was in Vegas 2 nights before their game and Chicago was there 3 nights early. This is not a coincidence.