Thread: Holtby Trade

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Holtby Trade

Ten team keeper league, I am in the rebuilding mode (team I took over has literally no true assets).

Goaltending is extremely valuable and Holtby is considered top three with McDavid and Murray.

I deal Holtby and Suter

I receive Fred Andersen, Ghost, Provorov and Filip Forsberg.

Should I wait till the season progresses and see what I can get then or is this a great return to rebuild on.

The Magnificent One

Default Re: Holtby Trade

What are your league settings?

In a limited keeper league hate to turn 2 assists into 4 bc limits your other keepers.

Andersen is a fine replacement not holtby level and most will say get more. For me though dependin on league settings I would dro one of those dmen out of the deal and ask for an elite young forward and a draft pick
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Novice

Typical forward scoring G/A/PIMS +/- Hits. 50 person farm team. Only have 40 and about 30 of them are fringe. Trying to rebuild the team and its farm. Could always take out Ghost or Provorov and look into him adding additional prospects. Only Forwards s he is parting with is Barkov and Forsberg. Trying for Eichel but its a no go.

The Magnificent One

If you can add barkov then get him and on a rebuild I'd do that deal and take the drop in goalie but that's me others will say otherwise
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi