Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Tolvanen

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Tolvanen

Quote Originally Posted by reggiebarnes View Post
    Kucherov isn't a good example, he fell because of the khl factor
    Not true. If anything he was a late riser.

Dobber Sports Stud

If you guys had to give up one of Eichel or Matthews to get him, which would it be?
    16 GM Dynasty
    H2H Points
    Weekly Matchups w/ Starts: 12F/6D/2G
    G(3), A(2), +/-(0.1), Hit(0.1), SOG(0.1), BS(0.1), PPP(1), SHP(1)
    W(4), L(-2), SO(4), Sv(0.2), GA(-1)

F: A. Svechnikov, R. Thomas, N. Suzuki, Pastrnak, Boldy, J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Frost, Tolvanen, Drouin, Heinen, Gallagher, N. Ritchie, Wood, Poehling, Podkolzin

D: Makar, Fox, Dobson, Byram, Dahlin, Ferraro, Michael Stone

G Sorokin, Hart, Georgiev, DeSmith

Farm: Firkus, Kayumov, Heimosalmi, Brennan, Werner, Kvaca, Parik

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by SergeP View Post
    If you guys had to give up one of Eichel or Matthews to get him, which would it be?
    Why, I'd give up both without hesitation.

Here is an interesting read on Tolvanen https://thehockeywriters.com/nashvil...-tolvanen-khl/
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

The Great One

Both.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Neither. These guys gotta be pulling your leg.

Dobber Sports Wizard

And he scores again. Jokerit wins 3-0. Now 19 points (11 goals) n 15 games.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Meh, lots of people light up the KHL and come to the NHL and do diddly.
    Not all that many really. On the successes side, you had guys like Panarin and Radulov who properly lit up the KHL. Bobrovsky too. Dadonov and Shipachov are still pretty green so I'll withhold judgement. but otherwise, who is there? Plotnikov didn't light up the KHL, so it shouldn't be a surprise he didn't light up the NHL. Same for Sekac. Kontiola had a season near a point per game once but I wouldn't say his career suggests he lit it up. This is not to say some guys don't flake out of the NHL and enjoy success in the KHL, because clearly that is a thing that happens. but I don;t think we've seen all that many KHL imports who were in fact lighting up the league, because those dudes get paid A LOT and stay put.

But VincentVega is right: he is on pace to obliterate records for 18-year-olds in the KHL. And not like, far off from it either -- he's in 4th right now and only 3 points behind Tarasenko's 3rd place in 24 fewer games. 2nd place is Kaprizov, who had 27 in 53 -- Tolvanen only needs 6 points in his next 35 games to reach that. And #1 is Evgeny Kuznetsov with 32 in 44. This is not to say he'll be better than these guys, but I think there's an extremely good chance he has the skill to succeed in the NHL.
    10-team H2H points keeper league, keep 4
    G: 2, A: 2, SOG: 0.15, Hit: 0.15, Block: 0.15, W: 3.5, Sv: 0.025, SO: 6
    7 F, 3 D, 1 G

2022-2023 Roster:
    F: Connor McDavid, Steven Stamkos, Artemi Panarin, Jack Hughes, Mark Stone, Josh Norris, Tyler Bertuzzi, PL Dubois, Sam Bennett, Tom Wilson (IR)
    D: Kris Letang, Drew Doughty, Brent Burns, Shayne Gostisbehere
    G: Ilya Sorokin, Thatcher Demko

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Stud stud stud

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by reggiebarnes View Post
    Highly unlikely. It's a big red flag if you get drafted 30th after being talked about being a top 5 pick. Not many players like that succeed. Look at hunter shinkaruk. Very comparable
    Shinkaruk took a step back in his draft year and then an even bigger one the next year -- he went under a ppg in 18 games then went under the knife for hip labrum surgery, and never had the same kind of offensive dominance from then on. I think the warning signs were there for Shinkaruk -- he plateaued before his draft year.

there was some concerns about Tolvanen's interviews (reportedly kind of cocky, similar to Shinkaruk), as well as whatever happened with Boston College. Maybe he's not the shiniest penny, I don't know. But I don't think Tolvanen's development tracks like Shinkaruk's -- Tolvanen seems to consistently elevate at every level
    10-team H2H points keeper league, keep 4
    G: 2, A: 2, SOG: 0.15, Hit: 0.15, Block: 0.15, W: 3.5, Sv: 0.025, SO: 6
    7 F, 3 D, 1 G

2022-2023 Roster:
    F: Connor McDavid, Steven Stamkos, Artemi Panarin, Jack Hughes, Mark Stone, Josh Norris, Tyler Bertuzzi, PL Dubois, Sam Bennett, Tom Wilson (IR)
    D: Kris Letang, Drew Doughty, Brent Burns, Shayne Gostisbehere
    G: Ilya Sorokin, Thatcher Demko

Dobber Sports Wizard

After not scoring in two games, he has now scored in back-to-back games. 7 SOG in today's game. 23 points in 22 games, 13 goals. He is averaging 16.23 minutes.

For comparison, Kaprizov (who is two years older) has 23 points in 21 games, average TOI of 15.31. Kovalchuk leads the league with 34 points in 27 games with 19.31 TOI.

Dobber Sports Jedi

I read the other day there were some entitlement & attitude issues with him. Pretty cocky and arrogant. which, if evident during draft interviews resulted in him dropping to the bottom of the 1st round. It would seem going at the end of the 1st round has lit a fire under him. This kid's lighting it up. here's hoping he opts out of year 2 of his contract & comes over next season.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I read the other day there were some entitlement & attitude issues with him. Pretty cocky and arrogant. which, if evident during draft interviews resulted in him dropping to the bottom of the 1st round. It would seem going at the end of the 1st round has lit a fire under him. This kid's lighting it up. here's hoping he opts out of year 2 of his contract & comes over next season.
    If he keeps this up, there is a good chance Nashville may want him in the NHL next season.

Here's a list of 18-year-old KHL leaders of all time
    http://www.quanthockey.com/khl/playe...l-players.html

Tolvanen has 13 goals and 23 points, the list isn't updated yet.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    If he keeps this up, there is a good chance Nashville may want him in the NHL next season.
    I've read somewhere that he's eligible to play for Nashville this season once his KHL season is finished. Would be nice to get an early look how his game translates before next season.
    GO BRUINS

20 team Keeper - Protect 10
    Dress weekly 8 Fwds 4 D-men 1 Goalie
    Fwds 1pt - gl 1pt - asst
    Dmen 2pt - gl 1pt - asst FWDS & D-Men 1pt PPG / SHG / OTG
    Goalies 3pts-win 2pts-shutout

Dobber Sports Wizard

Tolvanen played for Team Finland at the Karjala Cup tournament where Finland had most of the players who will play for them at the Olympics, and Tolvanen was perhaps the most dangerous offensive forward for the team. He struggled in the 1st game but came alive for the 2nd and 3rd games where he scored 2 goals and added 1 assist. His chances of playing at the Olympics are very high now after this performance and also based on the strong season he's had so far in the KHL.

Team Finland played against Russia, Sweden and Canada, and those teams also had most of their Olympic team on the roster (Team Finland won all 3 games), so it wasn't like Tolvanen was playing against easy opponents either.

I posted something similar about Miro Heiskanen in another thread, so I'll also add this here: It was really interesting to see when Team Finland played on 4-on-3 PP against Team Canada at crucial time in the game, and both Tolvanen and Heiskanen were playing on that PP. That speaks volumes about the trust they're getting from the head coach.

Dobber Sports Wizard

I expect to see him in the NHL next season.