Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Tolvanen

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Tolvanen

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    I actually thought he played really well at the WJC. I know people were expecting more goals from him but he had a lot of scoring chances and in general he played well but nothing was going in.
    He would've led the WJC in SOG if he played 7 games not 5. He will be a 200 SOG Winger easy, with Arvidsson and Forsberg it'll be hard to push 250+.
    16 Team H2H Dynasty
    G A Pt PIM SoG PPP H+B FOW DZS
    W Svs GAA Sv%

C Scheifele Tavares Dvorack Eller
    LW Domi Aho Ritchie Vrana
    RW Tarasenko J Williams Laine Sheary
    D Klefbom M Rielly Spurgeon Provorov Ellis Dahlin
    R White Kase Schmaltz Thomas Anston-Reese Lindell Theodore

G McEhlinney C Anderson
    R Kuemper

M Bjork Raddysh Kravtsov Ylonen Soderstorm Gilles Gustavsson Point Khakonen Delia Hill

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    Nice to see this!!! Been sitting on Eeli quite awhile...

https://www.thescore.com/news/1485727
    Quite awhile? He's 18 years old. How old was he when you drafted him?

Dobber Sports Padawan

God get him over for the end of this season!
    16 Team H2H Dynasty
    W Svs GAA Sv%

G McEhlinney C Anderson
    R Kuemper

M Bjork Raddysh Kravtsov Ylonen Soderstorm Gilles Gustavsson Point Khakonen Delia Hill

Dobber Sports Wizard

Let's not go crazy over his production at the Olympics, he's playing against scraps. I am concerned with his prolonged goal (and point) scoring drought in the KHL. Hopefully it was just a slump but given his short history, we don't know yet.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/14...or-stretch-run

Looks like he MIGHT finish his season in the NHL. Chances on breaking the top 6 or being fantasy relevant? He had a good Olympic performance.
    Year-long points pool (G/A, hat trick, W, SO). Keep top 6 players out of 16.

G: R. Lehner, B. Elliot

Dobber Sports Padawan

I’m not counting on fantasy relevance this season, I want him to get his feet wet so next year he can wiggle into top 6. Turris and Eeli could be nice on line two.
    16 Team H2H Dynasty
    W Svs GAA Sv%

G McEhlinney C Anderson
    R Kuemper

Dobber Sports Icon

Now would be a great time to sell on Eeli Tolvanen. Other GMs will have heard about his scoring at the Olympics and the rumor that he will be joining the Predators once his KHL season is over. I don't think he will ever score 30 goals or 50 points in an NHL season. There's a big gap between the KHL in August - October and the NHL. Tolvananen has 6 points in his last 22 KHL games.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    Now would be a great time to sell on Eeli Tolvanen. Other GMs will have heard about his scoring at the Olympics and the rumor that he will be joining the Predators once his KHL season is over. I don't think he will ever score 30 goals or 50 points in an NHL season. There's a big gap between the KHL in August - October and the NHL. Tolvananen has 6 points in his last 22 KHL games.
    Absolutely. I just obtained a lottery pick in the 2018 draft (top 4 of Dahlin svechnikov Zadina Tkachuk etc) for tolvanen in a deep 22 team keeper league (points).

While the upside and hype sounds great, it?s an opportunity to cash in and mitigate risk

Dobber Sports Wizard

Yes, the hype is unreal right now. He will be a good NHLer (I think 50-60 points is not unrealistic to expect of him) but his recent Olympics performance has risen his stock way above true value.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by jaga86 View Post
    Absolutely. I just obtained a lottery pick in the 2018 draft (top 4 of Dahlin svechnikov Zadina Tkachuk etc) for tolvanen in a deep 22 team keeper league (points).

While the upside and hype sounds great, it?s an opportunity to cash in and mitigate risk
    Im gonna play the role of bubble burster here- I think all you really did was take a needless risk and push your re-build back another year minimum (be careful: its a trap!). Hes emerged as one of the best prospects in the draft. Yes there are question markls but I dont think anybody would be especially shocked if he emerged as the top prospect in this draft. If you get a top two- then MAYBE you have a good shot at breaking even? Theres also a possibility you do much much worse and in a best case scenario you still likely add to your wait time.

You didnt actually cashed in on the hype. You traded a lottery ticket for a different ticket in next weeks draw. Had you added ANY plus Id be much more sympathetic- lol! You sold high on the buzz... for different buzz. For the record- you did the opposite of mitigate risk. You just traded risks :P

Dobber Sports Ace

I kinda agree with emu here. If you got dahlin then I think you did well. But I’m not sure I’d trade my Tolvanen for the others in this years draft. Dahlin at least imo has the potential to be a franchise D, so that I’d understand. But I think Tolvanen could be the next arvidsson type
    Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    Im gonna play the role of bubble burster here- I think all you really did was take a needless risk and push your re-build back another year minimum (be careful: its a trap!). Hes emerged as one of the best prospects in the draft. Yes there are question markls but I dont think anybody would be especially shocked if he emerged as the top prospect in this draft. If you get a top two- then MAYBE you have a good shot at breaking even? Theres also a possibility you do much much worse and in a best case scenario you still likely add to your wait time.

You didnt actually cashed in on the hype. You traded a lottery ticket for a different ticket in next weeks draw. Had you added ANY plus Id be much more sympathetic- lol! You sold high on the buzz... for different buzz. For the record- you did the opposite of mitigate risk. You just traded risks :P

Dobber Sports Star

Fair point emu, but he'll likely be able to trade that prospect pick for more than tolvanen closer to the draft... Everyone losses sight of what's rational just before the lotto results are drawn!

The Great One

I'll take a top 4 pick in this years draft over Tolvanen....especially if it's a chance at Dahlin

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post

Quote Originally Posted by fantasyhockeygeek View Post
    Fair point emu, but he'll likely be able to trade that prospect pick for more than tolvanen closer to the draft... Everyone losses sight of what's rational just before the lotto results are drawn!
    Good points from both but long-term, I would want Dahlin, Svechnikov and Zadina over Tolvanen but after that it gets murky.

But yeah, the Olympic hype is getting out of control. He scored all his points against Germany, Norway and Korea. Zero points against Sweden and Canada. I don't really understand why people are getting so excited right now. But I guess most hockey fans haven't been watching him in the KHL.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Based on your assessment of tolvanen, I feel even better that the current hype (risk vs reward) is a little high considering all else. I?ll take any of the top 4 players over tolvanen in this coming draft until tolvanen shows otherwise.

Yes tolvanen for a lottery pick is trading risk for risk BUT I?m going for the best player in the deal and nobody is in the nhl yet. In fact, I?d be just as happy with Owen Tippett vs. Tolvanen in terms of upside and opportunity.

The lottery pick (top 3 specifically) have a higher chance of having high end careers. They show game breaking upside and are a better bet to put up points throughout their career at this point.

In a rebuild I absolutely want svechnikov or Zadina over tolvanen, today. Tolvanen certainly possesses more risk of not being this superstar everyone is hoping he will be. So even though their upsides might be high (or perceived upside at this point in time based on the year tolvanen is having) I?ll take the high end picks one year later unless I?m goin for it this year.

He is also NOT shaping up to be the best from his draft class. Maybe the most hyped currently not in NHL but thats it. Strange comment to make. Much of the class hasnt sniffed the big leagues yet minus top 2 so let?s not get ahead of ourselves. Hischier has the crown and I?ll take him over tolvanen every time.

Don?t get me wrong I love him as a prospect. But he is no more or less a prospect than the others so I?ll swing for the fences and go with the guys that are picked 28 spots before him.