Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Matthews + Ehlers Vs Laine + Nylander

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Matthews + Ehlers Vs Laine + Nylander

I have Laine and Nylander, I was offered Matthews and Ehlers in exchange for the 2. Yes or No?

League counts G, A, +/-, PPP, Shots, Hits, PIM, GWG, SHG

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Matthews + Ehlers Vs Laine + Nylander

its close i would look at your positional requirements here, in general centers are easier to find but Matthews should be best player in this deal. He also will be the only one of this group that ever has a chance at SHG.

i think you flip the coin here

Dobber Sports Ace

It's pretty close. But I like the Mathews and Elhers side just a bit more.
    2015-16-17, 23 Champion
    12Team Roto Keeper (5keepers) Weekly lineups
    Player: G, A,+/-, PPG, PPA, SOG = 2pts
    Player: +/-, Blocked Shots = 1pt
    Goalie: GGP, GAA, SPct, W, SO = 1pt
    Lineup: 3C, 4W, 4D 2G, 6Farm/Prospect Players

C: C.McDavid, T.Thompson
    W: K.Kaprizov, ,
    D: A. Fox,
    G: I.Shesterkin,

Farm/Prospects free carry: C: M. Savoie W:
    D: L. Hutson G: D. Levi

Dobber Sports Genius

Wow this is really close. I think as Belexus pointed out it comes down to positional requirements. What a trade proposition though. Both stars and their sidekicks.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Superstar

Yes
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:B.Tkachuk,Alien,Stutzle,Miller,Connor,Svech,Thoma s,ChandlerS.,Jenner,Couts,Bennett,Tolvanen,Danault
    D:Carlson,Nurse,Theodore,Matheson,Gudas,Harley
    G:Jarry,Ingram,Kotchetkov
    IR:Murphy,Rust,Guentzel

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Ziba,
    Tro,Schmaltz
    L: Drai,Forsberg,Tolvanen,Lehkonen
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shest,Kotchetkov
    IR: Zegras,Norris,Vilardi,Kempe

The Magnificent One

It's a trade I'd make in your shoes. Ehlers has only scratched the surface.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    It's a trade I'd make in your shoes. Ehlers has only scratched the surface.
    We could say that about all of these skaters.

I am not sure there is a right or wrong answer here. All four kids are high end upside players. Belexus makes a good point about positional requirements. What does the rest of your roster look like and how many do you start at each position? Are positions even a consideration?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Magnificent One

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    We could say that about all of these skaters.

I am not sure there is a right or wrong answer here. All four kids are high end upside players. Belexus makes a good point about positional requirements. What does the rest of your roster look like and how many do you start at each position? Are positions even a consideration?
    I'm not sure I put Nylander in quite the same category as the others. I'd give Ehlers a much higher chance at hitting 80+ points before all is said and done than I would for Nylander.
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Wizard

I'm not sure I put Nylander in quite the same category as the others. I'd give Ehlers a much higher chance at hitting 80+ points before all is said and done than I would for Nylander.
    you must not watch Willy play....

The Magnificent One

I watched as much of him as Ehlers, who, let's not foget, got to 64 points last season despite hitting 9 posts and not getting a regular PP1 shift.

Dobber Sports Deity

I don't think he's that far out from the others. I'd put him in the discussion for all of them with the exception being Matthews.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Recruit

Position is not a consideration, my format is 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies, 7 Reserves, 14 Minors (82 games or less). I use to have Matthews, traded him for Draisaitl, Keller and 2 high end 1st rounders for next year (Dahlin maybe?) Ok thanks for the advice!

Dobber Sports Veteran

No positional requirements?
    I don't think you can pass on Matthews in that case.
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

Dobber Sports Guru

I watched as much of him as Ehlers, who, let's not foget, got to 64 points last season despite hitting 9 posts and not getting a regular PP1 shift.
    Nylander got to 61 as a rookie-eligible player (Ehlers had more 50 games under his belt coming in), and Nylander spent time climbing Babcock's lines. I don't think they're far apart at all.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

The Magnificent One

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    Nylander got to 61 as a rookie-eligible player (Ehlers had more 50 games under his belt coming in), and Nylander spent time climbing Babcock's lines. I don't think they're far apart at all.
    We've made our cases - I think we should respectfully agree to disagree. May they both score 85 points!