Thread: Pick 3

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Pick 3

So I ended up just out of the playoffs last season and upon realizing this, I loaded up on some young goalies.

Cats are 50/50 between skaters and goalies. Cats are W - L - GA - Shots against - Saves - GAA and SO

Only 1 goalie slot per night with a 1 game minimum per week.

Ideally, I'd like to have 2 strong starters but don't see that happening this season with the players listed below and there may be some opportunity to trade a few of these to add to my offence (which is in good shape overall). Right now, I'm leaning towards Fleury, Saros and Dell as Fleury is my only starter at this point but with these cats, he can also bring my team down in a hurry. I'm not convinced that any of the other goalies will give me enough starts to be a factor. jarry and Demko may not even be in the NHL and would have to have outstanding camps to displace Niemi and Nilsson. Another option is to hold on until the season starts to see where things play out. I should have enough offence to cover the first couple of weeks but at some point, I will have to go all in.

Who would you keep moving forward?

Fleury
    Jarry
    Dell
    Saros
    Demko
    14 team H2H Dynasty: 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 6Bench

G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, PPP, HITS, BLK,
    W, L, GA, GAA, SA, SV, Sv%, SO

Center: Kuznetzov, Johansen, Glass(RW), Hayton
    LW: T. Johnson(C/RW), Gurianov(RW), Labanc(RW), Zucker(RW),
    RW: Kucherov, Vorocek, Atkinson, Konecny,
    Defence: Josi, Trouba , Klingberg, Morrissey, Zadorov, Gudas,
    G: Fleury, Rittich
    Bench: Steel(C), Watson(LW/RW), Comtois(LW), Blais (LW/RW), Zaitsev(D), Saros(G)

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Pick 3

The three you mentioned are the three that I would keep. How many teams in your league?

The Magnificent One

Saros and Dell are talented, but neither of their squads has a great schedule in terms of back to backs or off nights. Still, they should win 75% of their starts and have good stats, plus with Saros you actually have a chance, albeit not a huge one, of him becoming more of a 1B. And yeah, you probably need Fleury as your third. Chances are you can pounce on someone once the season starts, whether due to injury or someone stealing the starting reins.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    The three you mentioned are the three that I would keep. How many teams in your league?
    20 team league

Bench: Steel(C), Watson(LW/RW), Comtois(LW), Blais (LW/RW), Zaitsev(D), Saros(G)

I guess taking this a step further towards next season, considering that I drop Fleury at that point and retain Saros, who do you like next season? Dell, Jarry or Demko? My thinking is that I would like to get down to 2 very solid options. The thing with this league is you can win with 1 very good goalie at 1 or 2 starts per week (losses being a negative stat), if you have the offence to back it up. Some teams go that route (re:teams with Holtby, Murray and Price) whereas I prefer 2 in order to take advantage of the "cumulative cats" like SA, Saves etc.