Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: McDavid Trade

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default McDavid Trade

12 team league, H2H, KEEP 4
    G, A, +/-, PPP, Shots, Hits
    W, GAA, SV%, SO

I am very very torn... I am in talks with the owner of McDavid about a massive deal... Without giving the small details, the deal is essentially Crosby, Ovechkin, Burns for McDavid and possible a few draft picks.... Crazy, right??

That would leave me with these keepers: McDavid, Marchand, Hedman, Murray

The other option is to keep Cros, Ovi, and Burns, and just trade away Marchand and Hedman for picks before the draft. I have no good picks... (my best are a 3rd rd and 6th round)

Which option is the smarter of the two? and WHY should i trade those players for McDavid.
    10 Team H2H Baseball- Cats

R, HR, RBI, BB, SB, AVG, XBH
    W, ERA, SV, K WHIP, QS

C: D. Jansen
    1B: P. Goldschmidt
    2B: J. Villar
    3B: E. Suarez
    SS: J. Peraza
    OF: M. Trout
    OF: G. Stanton
    OF: A. Benintendi
    UTIL: G. Springer
    UTIL: J. Gallo
    P: T. Bauer
    P: Z. Wheeler
    RP: T. Glasnow
    RP: K. Maeda
    P: G. Marquez
    P: L. Castillo
    P: S. Bieber
    P: C. McHugh

Bench: J. Profar, T. White, M. Smith, C. Martinez (SP), G. Holland

The Magnificent One

Default Re: McDavid Trade

You would have very good keepers post-trade, so this is logical. See if you can get a pick or two as a sweetener. Either that or swap out Marchand for Ovi. If neither of those things work, I still might do this, although you would have to worry about making the other team very, very good - perhaps better than you. Of course in a keep four you can't win solely on retentions, but you can get a great head start.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    You would have very good keepers post-trade, so this is logical. See if you can get a pick or two as a sweetener. Either that or swap out Marchand for Ovi. If neither of those things work, I still might do this, although you would have to worry about making the other team very, very good - perhaps better than you. Of course in a keep four you can't win solely on retentions, but you can get a great head start.
    The one thing stopping me from pursuing hard is that my league counts shots and hits.. Burns and Ovi dominate those categories which helps me win my week to week matchups. Is McDavid worth giving those types of things up?

Dobber Sports Genius

Initially I was like that crazy but your keepers after the trade will still be super solid. I think I would pull the trigger.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Genius

If your avatar is McDavid and you are being offered a 20 year old McDavid in a keep 4 league you bite the bullet and make the trade. It is not going to help you this year (See: I have no good picks... my best are a 3rd rd and 6th round) but have a core year after year three in McDavid/Murray/Hedman.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

The Magnificent One

Quote Originally Posted by oilspill23 View Post
    The one thing stopping me from pursuing hard is that my league counts shots and hits.. Burns and Ovi dominate those categories which helps me win my week to week matchups. Is McDavid worth giving those types of things up?
    Two words - it's McDavid. Hits and shots grow on trees, 100 point scorers don't.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Veteran

A couple years from now you will look back at this thread and wonder why you even made it.

Sure your draft strategy will change if you make this deal but I don't see it hurting your team. I'd do the deal and not look back.

Dobber Sports Sage

In limited keeper you pull the trigger and don't look back. If this was a dynasty it's a hard overpayment. Limited keeper the top end talent is key to success.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    In limited keeper you pull the trigger and don't look back. If this was a dynasty it's a hard overpayment. Limited keeper the top end talent is key to success.
    Thanks for the comments guys!

Here's where thing may get tricky... the owner wants to make the trade post draft. Meaning, id have to (hopefully) trade or drop Marchand/Hedman/Byuf before the draft... do the draft and end up trading my keepers after.. leaving me with just McDavid/Murray and whoever I end up drafting-- probably no one special due to my lack of draft picks.

His reasoning is because he'd like to have the absolute best team possible, and giving up McDavid is killing him. That way he gets to keep Pavelski/McDavid/Quick/Lindqvist, do the draft, then trade McDavid and have a great roster.

I'm really trying to make him do the trade pre-draft so that I can at least keep Marchand, et al. -- any way I can incentivize this to him?

Dobber Sports Genius

Here's where thing may get tricky... the owner wants to make the trade post draft. Meaning, id have to (hopefully) trade or drop Marchand/Hedman/Byuf before the draft... do the draft and end up trading my keepers after.. leaving me with just McDavid/Murray and whoever I end up drafting-- probably no one special due to my lack of draft picks.

His reasoning is because he'd like to have the absolute best team possible, and giving up McDavid is killing him. That way he gets to keep Pavelski/McDavid/Quick/Lindqvist, do the draft, then trade McDavid and have a great roster.

I'm really trying to make him do the trade pre-draft so that I can at least keep Marchand, et al. -- any way I can incentivize this to him?
    I like to compete every year so I would tell him either pre draft or no deal. Point out that Crosby still has enough in his tank to be right behind McDavid for the next 5 years and who knows where the league will be at that point.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Genius

Tell the other GM to pound sand, that your discussions are over, and that you are just going to keep Crosby, Ovechkin and Burns. "After the draft!" BAHAHAHA. Not a F**king chance! If he is still beating the same "after the draft" drum then you know he is not a real trade partner. Keeping [arguably] 3 of the top 5 fantasy players is also a great move.

Dobber Sports Veteran

We all want the best team possible.
    Tell him now or never? The trade gets far riskier for you if you are giving up your pre and post trade keepers. Now you are essentially trading Sid, Ovi, Burns, Hedman, and Ratboy for McD.

Dobber Sports Ace

maybe i'm against the other gm but will not do the deal actually you have a great top 3 with a great goalie why giving that much for mcjesus... if i own mcdavid i do the deal in a heartbeat but for my case too much and never do that deal after the draft
    Member of Comish Dynasty 24 team (since the beginning) (Nordique)
    Member of King Of Hockey League (Columbus)
    Member of Great Dynasty (Colorado)
    Member of United Hockey League (Los Angeles)
    Member of Global Hockey league (since the beginning) (Washington)
    Member of Vnhl (Quebec)

On the surface, you're already over paying for McDavid but because you have excellent depth and it's a limited keeper you can afford to do this. If you do this deal post draft, you've lost most of your "currency" and it becomes a huge overpayment.
    12 team Keeper League.
    25 man roster, 5 man bench, 2 prospects, keep 9. Must ice 4D, 1 Goalie
    Skaters 1pt G/A,
    Goalies .05pts per save, 1pts SO, .75pts per win -.25 for GA

Forwards
    Crosby, Malkin, Seguin, Eichel, Backstrom, Svechnikov, Stone, Meier, Perron, Voracek, Wilson, Pearson, Vrana, E. Stall, Pajeau

Defence
    Hedman, Klingberg, Letang, Yandle

Goalie
    Bobrovsky

Bench
    Ritchie (G), Zucker, Guentzel, Neal, Ekblad (D)

Prospects
    Zegras, Kaprisov

Dobber Sports Genius

pound sand
    Last edited by Moses; September 13, 2017 at 6:41 PM. Reason: I came back to add that I really think the other GM is way out of line and he should...