Thread: Crosby trade and a Dman question...

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Crosby trade and a Dman question...

We had our 8 team 16 man roster h2h points league draft last night.I picked 2nd and predictably took Crosby with that pick.After the draft I was offered the following trade.

The cats we use are: G,A,+/-,PIM,PPG,PPA,SHG,SHA,GWG,SOG,FOW,FOL,HITS,BLKS

I give: Sidney Crosby
    Jake Guentzel
    2018 16th round pick

I get: Steven Stamkos
    Brent Burns
    Brad Marchand
    2018 4th round pick

We roster 2 of each forward position,4 D and 2 goalies with 4 bench spots and 1 IR spot

Im getting a very good return but is it enough to move Sid??

Also In a later round I took Ghost on D.There are some good D left on FA.Would any of Fowler,Provorov,Seabrook,Muzzin,Mcavoy,Leddy be a better bet?

The Great One

Default Re: Crosby trade and a Dman question...

Those are pretty darn nice categories for Marchand, and Burns should still have a good year in him. There are also several goal-oriented categories, which means Stamkos has a nice added benefit. Plus, Guentzel is a question mark despite how good he looked last year. Me personally - I take this deal, especially if I'm trying to win it all. But before you say yes, try to get the 2018 pick sweetened to a 2nd or 3rd. If the other GM says no, then settle for the 4th, but no harm in trying for a bit better pick.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/