Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: 2017/18 Dobber Pro - Campbell League

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: 2017/18 Dobber Pro - Campbell League

Looks like 1/2 are pretty well decided, and the battle for 1st will come down to the full slate on Saturday. Looks like there are multiple avenues for each of us to jump up or down, so it will just depend on how the games play out! Good luck Ice Goons and thanks for a great season everyone!

Dobber Sports Titan

Had a couple of little things that cost me a top 2 spot. This title is mine next year and I will see you two winners in the Expert league the year after Congrats!
    And thanks everyone for a good season.
    Big thanks as well to Horrorfan for all the organization!
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Superstar

Final Standings with Temek's original projection in brackets.

1. Everyday m Byfuglien (Kofax) 77.5 (1)
    1. Ice Goons (RuffRyderJJ) 77.5 (7)

3. Arctic Sibling (Eskimo Brother) 72.5 (6)
    4. CCCF (sontag) 70 (2)
    5. rattus rattus (rattus rattus) 69 (5)
    6. Figjam (PatInTheHat) 67.5 (8)

7. Dave's Tip-Top Team (Daver123) 62 (3)
    8. Woodrows Warriors (Woodrow) 58 (4)
    9. Denver Danglers (finminer) 49 (11)
    10. AaronY's Swell Team (yipper005) 45 (9 - Not Active)

11. Savages (Savages) 34 (11)
    12. Victorious Secret (Victorious Secret) 20 (12 - Not Active)

Tight finish that somehow ended up in a tie on the final day (or possibly due to a stat correction?)! I didn't think there was a scenario for Goons to get +1, but he managed it and we share the title. Congratulations Ice Goons (RuffRyderJJ) on sticking on top of the standings for majority of the season. RuffRyderJJ and Kofax promoted to expert I believe with Savages and Victorious Secret are relegated.

It was a competitive season with the majority of the members remaining active throughout the season. Thanks to all for making it a great, competitive year and I hope to see you all return and make a go of it again. I think I finished 9th or 10th my first go through Pro last season, so there's definitely a learning curve there!

A couple of interesting notes:
    - Temek's projections were extremely solid overall with 8 of 12 teams finishing within two spots of their projection. Ice Goons and AB did a solid job outperforming their projection, while a couple of others fell off, which usually happens due to injuries every year.
    - Top 6 finishers had a combined $32 FAAB remaining, with 4 of the 6 at $0
    - Bottom 6 finishers had a combined $316 FAAB remaining, with only 1 below $30
    - Goes to show that increased activity usually ends up in better results. Not a league where you can sit back and coast after the draft.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Congrats Kofax & RuffRyderJJ!!!
    See ya upstairs next year!!

The Wolverine

Just a reminder that I will confirm relegation details after my return from holiday. It's likely that both inactive managers will be relegated and Savages will stay up.

The Wolverine

Congrats on Everyday m Byfuglien and Ice Goons on the joint win, and promotion to the Expert league!

Here are the final standings along with invite, promotion and relegation details: