Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: NFL survivor pool

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Re: NFL survivor pool

I was at the cottage all weekend away from the computer, so I didn't know the picks. I was expecting a lot of people to be eliminated this week.

It must have been crazy for those in pools with a few hundred people remaining.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Steelers... ugh.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Steelers... ugh.

Yup... i am glad I took them in Week 1... cause If i hadn't I definitely would have taken them instead of the Patriots this week.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Two weeks in a row we've had a large contingent of teams (across the general contingent of "survivor pools") pull off a win by the slimmest of margins.

Last week Arizona pulled out an OT victory in a game the Colts should have won (Moncrief with at least 2 drops that hit him in the hands and cost them points)
    Seattle pulls out a last second victory over San Fran

This week, New England pulls out a last second victory with Texans playing just awful defence on the final drive
    Green Bay pulls out an OT victory in a game Cincinnati controlled for most of it, but Dalton reverted to bad Dalton in the second half.

Both of those results would have eliminated approximately 50% of survivor picks each week. The swings of the NFL.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Everyone have their locks in for this week? I was a little iffy last week with GB over Cincy, which turned out to be right as I came away by the skin of my teeth (What does that even mean? Now I have to look it up. Apparently it's a biblical reference to Job being tortured by the devil and then relieved by God? "My bone cleaveth to my skin and to my flesh, and I am escaped with the skin of my teeth." Crazy. I still don't understand what that means, but I digest).

Feeling pretty confident I'll be around for week 5 though!

Dobber Sports Icon

Damn Jets! Seriously... wtf Jacksonville? Now I'm the idiot who goes out without ever picking one of the top teams like the Pats (not that it would have helped this week).

So since all the remaining teams picked Seattle to win tonight. What happens if they lose? Is everyone eliminated? No one? How does that work?

Dobber Sports Superstar

Wow, didn't think that one was coming. I was looking at the picks and was impressed how you'd made it through 3 weeks with those minimal picks, setting yourself up nicely later on. Alas, the perils of survivor football.

I think we all probably would have been out. Seattle was pretty much a lock given it's the Colts and they were going cross country. It was tight in the 1st half, but then Seattle pulled away.

I'm in a bit of trouble now, as I think NE is really the only topish team I haven't used yet! Going to get a lot more hairy from here on out.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Seahawks had me worried a bit last night. Russell has been a second half monster

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Kofax View Post
    I'm in a bit of trouble now, as I think NE is really the only topish team I haven't used yet! Going to get a lot more hairy from here on out.
    No real dominant team this year anyways.

We've lost two more yesterday. 4T2, and the very charming commish of this league (stupid Falcons). Half the GMs have been eliminated.

Also, for the record, I don't know what would have happened if Seattle lost last night. I think I might have been able to restart the league, but everyone from the previous few weeks would have been in it.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Superstar

And then there were 4. Three PHI and a MIN with PIT bowing out. Not too hard to pick this week as there's a couple good options, but hardly a sure thing.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Never forget, never bet on the Steelers.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Brutal week again. Somehow Im doing better in spreads than straight up this year. It's been a tough year.

Dobber Sports Icon

I just can't believe that the Jaguars lose to the Jets last week to eliminate me and then beat them Steelers this week to eliminate Stone.

Should be a couple of interesting weeks coming up

Dobber Sports Giant

Yeah and I had the Steelers up until late Saturday before switching to the Eagles... It's definitely a crazy year so far.

Dobber Sports Giant

Damn Falcons!! Looks like it’s a H2H fight now.