Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL survivor pool

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: NFL survivor pool

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Did 29 of them take NE?
    Actually more had Houston. Not that I thought NE would ever lose....but why take them against KC of all teams!

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Actually more had Houston. Not that I thought NE would ever lose....but why take them against KC of all teams!
    Fair point

The Great One

I've never done a suicide pool and this year I'm doing two - this one, and one at work.

The work one has 249 entries, and 62 dropped out in week 1, lol. (Mostly NE and Houston, but also 4 people took Cinci, and 1 each took ARI, INDY and TENN).

is 62 out of 249 getting eliminated (almost 25%) in week 1 normal?

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    I went with the Broncos, so I'm TBD.
    Shit... why didn't I go with the Bills???
    Jeebus. I went to bed after Q3 last night.
    Seems like Denver (& my fantasy team, vs. LAC D) squeaked that one out!

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    I've never done a suicide pool and this year I'm doing two - this one, and one at work.

The work one has 249 entries, and 62 dropped out in week 1, lol. (Mostly NE and Houston, but also 4 people took Cinci, and 1 each took ARI, INDY and TENN).

is 62 out of 249 getting eliminated (almost 25%) in week 1 normal?
    I would say so. That's about the percentage that is out of mine. Some years I've had easily 50%+ knocked out. Atlanta was VERY close to losing and they were one of the big favorites as well.

The Great One

I would say so. That's about the percentage that is out of mine. Some years I've had easily 50%+ knocked out. Atlanta was VERY close to losing and they were one of the big favorites as well.
    The most selected team in our pool was Pittsburgh and they barely pulled it off too. Pitts was my pick in both pools.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Never fails every year. No matter how bold and in CAPITAL LETTERS i put the Survivor deadline in the emails I send out....every year I get a bunch of people missing Week 2 because they don't click a button before the Thursday deadline. Then they complain.

Dobber Sports Guru

Never fails every year. No matter how bold and in CAPITAL LETTERS i put the Survivor deadline in the emails I send out....every year I get a bunch of people missing Week 2 because they don't click a button before the Thursday deadline. Then they complain.
    I think the deadline in this one is the start of the Sunday games. But yeah, that's annoying. Do you let them choose a team for Sunday, or are they out?

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    I think the deadline in this one is the start of the Sunday games. But yeah, that's annoying. Do you let them choose a team for Sunday, or are they out?
    Mine is through a website and I contacted them this year about changing their deadline options so that it can either eliminate Thursday or just allow people to pick Thursday if they want, but if they don't...make the deadline Sunday. CBS didn't get back to me in time.

I could override it but I mean.....I send 3-4 emails prior to the pool starting, plus they have 3 days to make a pick, plus the deadline is on the website. So ya they;re out.

Dobber Sports Guru

Lost one more this week, as Goldendelicious didn't make a pick. Pengwin's choice is still up in the air as he took the Monday nighter again.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Icon

Wow, two more gone this week with the Steelers and panthers losing. That puts Pengwin and Eskimo Brother out.

The rest of us all just scraped by with picks of Patriots, Packers and Rams.

Dobber Sports Giant

Yes, it’s getting exciting!

Dobber Sports Titan

Maybe it's a good thing that I don't have this to focus on too haha.
    Good luck to the rest of you!
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Immortal

So much for my strategy of going with the sure things.....New England and GB should have lost....Miami, Pitt, Carolina all lost.

WOW

Dobber Sports Superstar

Ya, that one was a nail biter. Was not looking good for GB. Was thinking I should have picked the Patriots instead, but then heard they barely squeaked out a win as well!