Group # 44905
    Psassword - Dobber

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Re: NFL survivor pool

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    If not I set one up.

Group # 44905
    Psassword - Dobber
    Thanks. Had to work from home last night, so I didn't get a chance.

I'm in. Just need to figure out my picks. Some high spreads already.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Titan

So who had NE and is already done?
    I was debating picking them, but thought I would save them for a week with tougher matchups.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    So who had NE and is already done?
    I was debating picking them, but thought I would save them for a week with tougher matchups.
    It looks like no one picked them. If you go to 'group picks' it will show peoples picks once their game has been played. so if anyone picked them it should show up there.

Everyone followed the two most important rules of survivor pools.

1) Do not pick a team in the Thursday night game - You never want to be the guy that goes out on the first Thursday night game of the year. IF you go out on Sunday, there are chances to that at least one other guy is going out too.

2) Well I don't know if I should tell you that 2nd rule just kidding its for free. Rule # 2 - Don;t try and get cute in week 1 - pick a team at home that is going to win big.... don't pick a close game... don't pick a road team that is playing in another teams 'home opener'.... don't get cute... play it smart.

Dobber Sports Titan

It looks like no one picked them. If you go to 'group picks' it will show peoples picks once their game has been played. so if anyone picked them it should show up there.

Everyone followed the two most important rules of survivor pools.

1) Do not pick a team in the Thursday night game - You never want to be the guy that goes out on the first Thursday night game of the year. IF you go out on Sunday, there are chances to that at least one other guy is going out too.

2) Well I don't know if I should tell you that 2nd rule just kidding its for free. Rule # 2 - Don;t try and get cute in week 1 - pick a team at home that is going to win big.... don't pick a close game... don't pick a road team that is playing in another teams 'home opener'.... don't get cute... play it smart.
    Ha, I picked a road team, and the Chiefs already beat NE while on the road. Not sure how much your point 2 is kicking in right now
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Ha, I picked a road team, and the Chiefs already beat NE while on the road. Not sure how much your point 2 is kicking in right now
    Touche...

I picked a road team in this one too... but not my $$$$ one.

Its just what guys on he podcasts say when they have lost out in week 1 in their experience they look back and were like shouldn't have picked a road team in week 1 or shouldn't have tried to get too cute.

Dobber Sports Titan

Touche...

I picked a road team in this one too... but not my $$$$ one.

Its just what guys on he podcasts say when they have lost out in week 1 in their experience they look back and were like shouldn't have picked a road team in week 1 or shouldn't have tried to get too cute.
    Completely fair. There were definitely more better bets with road teams this week.

We'll see how it goes

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'm not in this survivor pool, but in mine I'm taking the Rams. I honestly believe they're a lock to beat the Colts, and it's a team you normally don't get to choose in these. Scott Tolzien is so so so bad.

Everyone survive week 1?

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I went with the Broncos, so I'm TBD.
    Shit... why didn't I go with the Bills???

Dobber Sports Guru

One guy went with the Chargers. So we will have one team eliminated tonight.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    I went with the Broncos, so I'm TBD.
    Shit... why didn't I go with the Bills???
    Risk reward!

Strategic play to pick a team playing monday in hopes that someone gets eliminated on Sunday. No one ever wants to be the first team eliminated.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    One guy went with the Chargers. So we will have one team eliminated tonight.
    There is a way to tell before the games have started tonight. Interesting... I am glad that someone will be eliminated tonight. Like I said... no one wants to be first guy eliminated

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I'm not in this survivor pool, but in mine I'm taking the Rams. I honestly believe they're a lock to beat the Colts, and it's a team you normally don't get to choose in these. Scott Tolzien is so so so bad.
    #EasyMoney

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I took the Broncos because they are my team.
    And I like to be vested in MNF games!!!
    (And also - I don't take these survivor pools too seriously... I'll pick games I can watch.)