Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 17 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Crypto Currency

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Crypto Currency

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I've never used leverage and never will. It's bananas. Huge opportunities, but also way too much risk as we can see.

Basically played around with NFTs to stack ETH, and now waiting for the merge and see what gets built long term.
    ETH failed to make a new all time high in BTC terms this cycle.

2017 peak ETH = .1488 BTC
    2021 peak ETH = .085 BTC
    Today ETH = .053 BTC

Will be interesting to see where it bottoms out this bear and where it peaks next bull. Personally I'd be surprised if it ever exceeds its 2017 peak again, but I am often wrong.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Yes, we definitely are on different pages here and time will tell who is right. You're the bitcoin guy, I'm the eth guy. We'll never see eye to eye on it, but I think we've both been very happy.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    I think you'd be better of giving your money to charity. At least that way some good will come out of it...
    What would Mr Guru do?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Dobber Sports Genius

I'm about 10% Crypto. I made a decent amount selling at the highs last year and re entered here in 2022 DCA my way through it. I am evenly distributed between BTC, ETH and ADA. I don't trade on leverage just a bit routinely along with my regular stocks. For me I am hoping to just double my money off of it when it recovers. From there I will invest in more stable assets. I do feel though it will be a 3 year hold at least.

Here's my predictions within 3 years USD:

BTC- $40,000
    ETH-$2000
    ADA- $1.25

If that all comes to pass I would hit my goals. Thoughts?
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    I'm about 10% Crypto. I made a decent amount selling at the highs last year and re entered here in 2022 DCA my way through it. I am evenly distributed between BTC, ETH and ADA. I don't trade on leverage just a bit routinely along with my regular stocks. For me I am hoping to just double my money off of it when it recovers. From there I will invest in more stable assets. I do feel though it will be a 3 year hold at least.

BTC- $40,000
    ETH-$2000
    ADA- $1.25

What do you base predictions like that off of?

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    What do you base predictions like that off of?
    Trust me I am not 100% confident in it but I am basing it off of market cycles. As well I have a few people that are deep into crypto, which are true believers that have given me some insight. I believe once the fed stops raising interest rates and we pull ourselves out of this "recession", along with how the next presidential election goes will have big impacts on the price of these riskier assets.

Dobber Sports Ninja

BTC- $40,000
    ETH-$2000
    ADA- $1.25

So do you doubt they will ever get back to their previous highs, or just not within the next few years?

Dobber Sports Genius

So do you doubt they will ever get back to their previous highs, or just not within the next few years?
    I think it's going to take awhile if ever. I am just more confident myself personally that it will reach 75% of it's all time high opposed to getting all the way back. I understand the utility of the Crypto but I am not a hardcore believer. I am just trying to make money off of it.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I think it's going to take awhile if ever. I am just more confident myself personally that it will reach 75% of it's all time high opposed to getting all the way back. I understand the utility of the Crypto but I am not a hardcore believer. I am just trying to make money off of it.
    Gotcha. Was just curious what your view was.

Dobber Sports Master

I had to decide between BTC at 18.2 or a sub 1k ETH. I have more ETH than BTC so I evened it up a bit and went BTC. Unbelieveable price imo. The value prop of BTC/ETH has not changed. Speculation and free money in America caused overheating of the market and it didnt have enough to sustain itself. I have a 8-10 year horizon so the downturn in the market is simply a bump in the road. No biggie. People should be viewing this as a massive opportunity. This is when you earn the alpha that people will say you lucked into at the top of the next cycle.

Dobber Sports Master

doulos lots of people talking shit about ETH giving up on the decentralization side of the trilemma. What are your thoughts on that? Its quite hard to satisfy all three sides of the trilemma and projects have to focus on specific use cases in order to differentiate themselves from the pack. You think becoming more centralized is a good move or something that needs much more vigorous debate? BTC doesnt seem to waver. Its all in on the security/decentralized issues. BTC is definitely behind the 8 ball on the scalability front, but does anyone care? Interesting times indeed.

Personally, Im still big on BTC and ETH. Dont really have a favorite. Been buying into each every month. Since my last post I bought more BTC twice. Id love to be a full coiner one day.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'd have to hear the specific concerns people have with Ethereum's move to Proof of Stake, but even under the current system of Proof of Work I would argue it's already more decentrallized than Bitcoin simply based on the massive amount of centralization happening in the mining pools for BTC. This is not to say that any of these systems are perfectly decentralized (that's basically impossible, though it's a good goal to continue to work towards), but just that the narrative that Bitcoin has held to decentralization is basically a myth at this point.

Under Proof of Stake, there is a common criticism that one needs to have 32 Eth in order to stake. This is only true for solo home staking. Something like Rocketpool is addressing this with discussions around being able to stake with as little as 4 Eth in the future already in the works. You can also stake at places like Lido with less than 32 Eth, but that also raises other centralization concerns.

Ethereum is the only cryptocurrency I see as having any long term future unless Bitcoin is willing to make some huge changes in the future - but that goes completely against the core ethos of the Bitcoin community, so they are sort of stuck in a bind. I think even Ethereum has a huge hill to climb to solve most of the big issues it has ahead of it. L2 scaling is going to take years to flesh out and get working properly. Regulatory uncertainty with all crypto is going to continue to be a huge issue to work on and who knows how all of that will shake down in the coming years. Finding ways to deal with MEV and flashbots is an ongoing concern. Dealing with centralization concerns around having too many validators clumped together at a few exchanges/protocols like Coinbase/Kraken/Lido needs to continue to be addressed. Stablecoins are going to become a HUGE target by governments (arguably already are)

Even if the merge goes well in a few weeks (and I suspect it will as I have sat in on all 3 of the most recent testnet livestreams and it's gone quite well all three times), there is still a ton of uncertainty and, frankly, hard work, that needs to happen, and at the end of the day we don't know if actual "better" use cases are going to come out of it all.

The current financial system is utterly terrible and needs tons of work. That doesn't mean that Ethereum (or any other crypto) is the answer though. Time will tell if all of these smart and hardworking folks can do something better. It's not here yet, and I'm unsure if it ever will be, but I'm rooting for them.

Even if at the end of the day we get single sign on, and ZK tech and that's it, I will consider it a huge improvement in some areas.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Tired at work today as I stayed up quite late to watch the Ethereum merge become final. Huge.

Dobber Sports Genius

Tired at work today as I stayed up quite late to watch the Ethereum merge become final. Huge.
    You think so? What do you think this means for the future of ETH?