Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Crypto Currency

The Great One

Default Re: Crypto Currency

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    I think you'd be better of giving your money to charity. At least that way some good will come out of it...
    I advise everyone to keep an open mind or you might miss the opportunity when it presents itself

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Hell yeah buddy. Hoping for the same. Hard to think that if the next 6 months goes the way I suspect it will that I might be done "having" to work.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Can't wait for this bubble to pop... nothing more satisfying than seeing speculators lose their shirts
    Shaking my head

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Very simple

80% ETH
    20% BTC

Looking to unload all of it and lock in profits by February-March or whenever ETH 2.0 is finally launched....and will probably short the market over the next couple years.

How about you?
    Ahhhh nice and simple.

Yeah interesting how times have changed...

I'm all over the shop and got a pretty big mixed bag...

Majority of mine is in Vechain (VET), got a bit of Sharering (SHR), XRP, BTC, VGX, ADA, DOT, LUNA, ETH, AR... and really really tiny portions of MATIC, THETA, TFUEL, NII and CEL.

But I'm similar... I think once the bullrun starts in Q4 and my portfolio hits a few target milestones in terms of value, I'll be looking at cashing out by Dec/Jan...

Not sure if I'm brave enough to do shorts... just hear so many horror stories of people being liquidated so easily in those markets.
    Dobber Expert Pool Champion 2011-12

The Great One

We are right at all time highs and the first US Bitcoin Futures ETF is just around the corner.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post

We are right at all time highs and the first US Bitcoin Futures ETF is just around the corner.
    Clearly a ponzi.

Dobber Sports Legend

I did pretty well with crypto over the last 6+ years. Got in on Bitcoin when it was a little over 4k a coin and XRP at 9 cents a coin. Cashed out my XRP at $1.08 a coin and sold some BTC at $52k. It's all about timing... don't put any money in play that you can't afford to lose completely and be willing to make a very good profit without being extra greedy and holding too long. That's my 2 cents anyway.

Some might say I sold a good portion too early, but oh well... I'm happy.

If you want a rock solid investment buy precious metals.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Master

It is highly unlikely that you lose all your money if you are holding BTC and/or ETH. Unless you sell that is. Unrealized loss is just that.... unrealized. It aint real until you sell. If your BTC or ETH holdings lose 50-80%, dont ****ing sell them. Just hand in there.

Exciting times in the crypto space. All time highs for BTC and ETH. Plenty of fuel in the market. Looks to be an interesting 6-12 months for sure!

The Great One

I bought some XRP yesterday ($1.15 range) during that flash selloff.

Looking for a 4-6x in the next couple months ($5-$7 target). If it follows 2017 bull run it 'should' peak after bitcoins dominance and into the alt coin run.

Dobber Sports Ninja

It's madness right now. I spent most of the morning buying and selling coins like $GM, $WGMI, and $VIBE and ... umm... did very well.

Dobber Sports Master

You have bigger balls than I do doulos. I think I understand a fair amount, but day trading alt coins..... im nowhere near that brave.

The Great One

Well done!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    You have bigger balls than I do doulos. I think I understand a fair amount, but day trading alt coins..... im nowhere near that brave.
    Oh it's not brave. It's terribly stupid. But the past 48 hours have been insane and I am grateful. I still make my boring Index Fund deposits every single month. Anything that I play around with in this silly way was put in from an ebay store I spun up over the pandemic when I resold crap from garage sales and thrift stores. I would never, ever, ever suggest someone do this with any money they care an ounce about. Ever. Like ever. If everything I ever touched in this space blew up instantly I'd be able to retire with no issues.

The crazy thing is that just by being involved with the ecosystem and playing around with stuff there is money to be made.

Setup a ENS address? Well hello here's a 5k USD airdrop for you.
    Decided to make a few trades on DYDX just to try it out. Here's 20k for your troubles.

It's madness. The whole thing.

Long term I believe there are going to be some benefits to what is going on. ENS login is something I cannot WAIT to see actually roll out down the road. NFTs in use in areas that are not just pure gambly speculation on crappy jpg art is another one. There is going to be some solid stuff, but holy hell is there ever a sea of garbage, crap, and scams. Like any new technology.

I don't really talk to anyone in real life about this stuff, because they would think I am crazy. Hell, I think I am crazy half the time, but it is what it is. Only my wife gets to hear about what's going on with it all, and that's because we have always been completely transparent about all areas of our finances and share everything in that regards. The hard part is keeping an even keel and always saying 'This could completely evaporate at any moment'.

Dobber Sports Ace

is it worth setting up an ENS account? what are the benefits with it?
    12 Team H2H Keep 4

2 C, 4 W, 4 D, 2 UTIL, 2 G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, FW: W, SV%, GAA

C: Barkov, Eichel
    W: Connor
    D:
    G: Sorokin
    ​IR:
    NA:

Dobber Sports Ninja

Up to you really.

I set one up because then I can use it as my catch all ethereum address to send funds to. So instead of the big long 64 character hash, I could just give the address doulos.ens if I owned that one. So essentially just like a domain name but for Ethereum.

However, longer term, and the main reason I am excited, will be the ability to use that as your login to websites. Instead of having to remember password and logins for all of the various services you use, as long as you have an ENS name, and the service has it setup on their end, you can use it to login.

Think like Google sign-in that people use for a number of places, except in this case you control it, not google.

For now, I'd say unless you think there is a future in the space, or you are regularly involved in in, there is probably not much point.

The Great One

Buckle up for the next wave...