Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: David Pastrnak vs Nathan Mackinnon Pts only

The Great One

Default Re: David Pastrnak vs Nathan Mackinnon Pts only

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    I'd prefer Pastrnak. He has shown he is capable of scoring 70 pts and is only 21 years old and paired with Brad Marchand. MacKinnon has the skill but not the linemates at the moment.
    Actually, once Cassidy took over I think Pasta was mainly with Krejci, not Bergeron and Marchand. Still though, he's on PP1 and is a scoring machine.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Initiate

When are people going to realize that MacKinnon sucks?

Paster easy over him.
    12 team Yahoo H2H Keeper League (keep 6)
    G, A, P, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    W, L, GAA, SV%, SO

2C - Stamkos
    2LW - Benn
    2RW - Laine, Marner
    4D - Josi
    1Util -
    2G - Rask

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Pasta showed last season that he can play with either Bergeron or Krejci (and if he's on Bergeron's line with Marchand then they're utterly dominant), he's already hit 70 points, plays on a better team with a better PP1 unit in a weaker division, and is a RW whereas Mack is at the way more common C position (if positions are important in your league). I'd go with Pasta as he's in a much better position to succeed.
    10-team keeper, H2H points. Keep 5 (previous season's in bold), one must be D or G.
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 1F, 4D, 2G, 4BN, IR, IR+
    G(2), A(2), +/-(0.5), PPP(1), SHP(1), GWG(1), SOG(0.25), HIT(0.25), BLK(0.25), W(3), GA(-1), SV(0.2), SHO(3).

C: Seguin ​(RW), Nuge, Riley Nash (RW), Trocheck
    LW: Ehlers, Lee, Guentzel (C), Huberdeau
    RW: Pastrnak, Kucherov, Palmieri,
    D: Letang, Doughty, Vatanen, Ellis,
    G: Talbot​, Bishop, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Demi-God

This is an interesting thread because it seems to be a slam dunk for Pastrnak.
    I don't know.
    Lets say that somebody sits you down and says this:
    "Next 7 years, pick the guy that scores more points, more times."

Pastrnak or MacKinnon.
    I don't know... I just don't feel it.
    And I think, with what the Bruins are going through in contract negotiations - they feel that too.
    Pastrnak is good, but is he a 70pt player every year?
    Can he be a 70pt player off the Marchand/Bergeron line?
    Because I think the Marchand/Bergeron tandem really works... and that makes Pastrnak the 3rd wheel.
    And, if he has, does it create the kind of CHI-system where they don't put all the stars on one line, but realize they are a better overall team if they are on separate lines.
    So, perhaps Marchand/Bergeron have another RW-er - long-term, going forward... and Pastrnak plays w/Krejci.

I don't know here, I love stats... but I still think MacKinnon is the better player.
    Colorado hasn't been clicking - but there are parts of MacKinnon to like.
    He & Pastrnak both had about 250/260 sog last year.
    MacKinnon had 25 even-strength assists last year, Pastrnak had 22.

The big difference is that Pastrnak had 34g, with 10ppg.
    MacKinnon had only 16g, with 2ppg. (just 14ppp, compared to Pastrnak's 24ppp)

This coming year, I think they'll both land between 60-65pts.
    I don't think Pastrnak is better than 65pts this year, his scoring hands are better than MacKinnon but I wouldn't say his hockey sense is.
    I don't think MacKinnon is less than 55pts this year, his overall game is just too good. Colorado has shed their lethargic vets and Raantanen is coming... as is Jost.

Yes - if somebody tells me that Pastrnak is a lock for 70+gp with Marchand/Bergeron... I'm picking Pastrnak.
    But I just don't know if we can count on that for a long future.
    I mean... name a 3-player line that has been together for 2+ full years?!!?
    Is there one in the NHL?

I'm going with MacKinnon.
    Pengwin Bookmark, I'll have to revisit this in 3-years (summer 2020) to see who won 2 of the last 3.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Pastrnak is the choice here particularly given his current situation in Boston. Mackinnon is a good player but I've always felt that he was overrated.

Dobber Sports Ace

This is a really interesting debate. Pasta is coming off a breakout season and MacKinnon is at his lowest value. Is Pasta for real? Better question if MacKinnon was in Boston and Pasta in Colorado would the majority still consider Pasta the better fantasy asset.

If I owned Pasta and was offered MacKinnon + any type of upgrade, I'd probably make the deal.

If I owned MacKinnon and the asking price was MacKinnon + for Pasta, I'd probably walk away.

Watching their highlights, MacKinnon's talent just seem to jump out at you more than Pasta. However, understanding fantasy hockey is all about the stats, I'd take Pasta over MacKinnon short term but I'd take MacKknnon over Pasta long term once Colorado finishes rebuilding.
    12 team Rotisserie league (No positional requirements: 7 Keepers of which 2 must be Farm eligible).
    Active Roster consists of: 6 FW, 4 D, 2 G and 6 Bench.
    Scoring Cats: G (10x), A (10x), SOG (10x), HT (10x), BS (10x), PIM (10x), TK (10x), +/- (5x); W (10x), SV (10x), SO (5x)

FW: ​Draisaitl, Pastrnak, Keller, Jarvis, Barbashev, Kyrou, Raymond
    D: Dobson, Nurse, Sergachev, Andersson, Zadorov, York
    G: Oettinger, Raanta, Copley, Vejmelka
    IR: Hamilton
    Farm (165 games for F/D and 100 games for G): Wolf, Fantilli

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    This is an interesting thread because it seems to be a slam dunk for Pastrnak.
    I don't know.
    Lets say that somebody sits you down and says this:
    "Next 7 years, pick the guy that scores more points, more times."

Pastrnak or MacKinnon.
    I don't know... I just don't feel it.
    And I think, with what the Bruins are going through in contract negotiations - they feel that too.
    Pastrnak is good, but is he a 70pt player every year?
    Can he be a 70pt player off the Marchand/Bergeron line?
    Because I think the Marchand/Bergeron tandem really works... and that makes Pastrnak the 3rd wheel.
    And, if he has, does it create the kind of CHI-system where they don't put all the stars on one line, but realize they are a better overall team if they are on separate lines.
    So, perhaps Marchand/Bergeron have another RW-er - long-term, going forward... and Pastrnak plays w/Krejci.

I don't know here, I love stats... but I still think MacKinnon is the better player.
    Colorado hasn't been clicking - but there are parts of MacKinnon to like.
    He & Pastrnak both had about 250/260 sog last year.
    MacKinnon had 25 even-strength assists last year, Pastrnak had 22.

The big difference is that Pastrnak had 34g, with 10ppg.
    MacKinnon had only 16g, with 2ppg. (just 14ppp, compared to Pastrnak's 24ppp)

This coming year, I think they'll both land between 60-65pts.
    I don't think Pastrnak is better than 65pts this year, his scoring hands are better than MacKinnon but I wouldn't say his hockey sense is.
    I don't think MacKinnon is less than 55pts this year, his overall game is just too good. Colorado has shed their lethargic vets and Raantanen is coming... as is Jost.

Yes - if somebody tells me that Pastrnak is a lock for 70+gp with Marchand/Bergeron... I'm picking Pastrnak.
    But I just don't know if we can count on that for a long future.
    I mean... name a 3-player line that has been together for 2+ full years?!!?
    Is there one in the NHL?

I'm going with MacKinnon.
    Pengwin Bookmark, I'll have to revisit this in 3-years (summer 2020) to see who won 2 of the last 3.
    this is great! its my way of thinking too, i think Pasta is the guy for next 3 years but after that who knows. What if Pasta decides there is more money in KHL or whatever..there is always that risk.

Dobber Sports Ace

Jost helps fix the line up with 2 true centers COL moves out of the basement (more to thanks to Vegas)
    Nathan Mackinnon for a big season. JKJK

Who are we kidding, David Pastrnak will hover the 60-70 points again, Brad Marchand, Patrice Bergeron, David Pastrnak (Solid Line)
    kinda hard to pick MacKinnon here.
    2015-16-17, 23 Champion
    12Team Roto Keeper (5keepers) Weekly lineups
    Player: G, A,+/-, PPG, PPA, SOG = 2pts
    Player: +/-, Blocked Shots = 1pt
    Goalie: GGP, GAA, SPct, W, SO = 1pt
    Lineup: 3C, 4W, 4D 2G, 6Farm/Prospect Players

C: C.McDavid, T.Thompson
    W: K.Kaprizov, ,
    D: A. Fox,
    G: I.Shesterkin,

Farm/Prospects free carry: C: M. Savoie W:
    D: L. Hutson G: D. Levi

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    this is great! its my way of thinking too, i think Pasta is the guy for next 3 years but after that who knows. What if Pasta decides there is more money in KHL or whatever..there is always that risk.
    You shouldn't think much beyond 3years in F hockey anyway.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    You shouldn't think much beyond 3years in F hockey anyway.
    Agree

Dobber Sports Padawan

My current assessment of MacKinnon is this: Elite level skill with slightly above average hockey IQ. If the Av's ever paired him up with someone who sees the game at an elite level I see MacKinnon being a perennial top 10-15 scorer. Some say Rantanen will be that guy, I'm not so sure.
    Yahoo League #1 - H2H Keep 21
    [F] Tkachuk, Barkov, A Svechnikov, Kaprizov, DeBrincat, Scheifele, RNH, Suzuki, Laine, Kakko, Cozens
    [D] Makar, Hughes, Nurse, Chabot, Byram
    [G] Hart, Shesterkin, Lehner, Helle

Yahoo League #2 - H2H Keep 22
    [F] MacKinnon, Guentzel, DeBrincat, EP40, Gaudreau, Barzal, Hughes, Laine, Garland, Norris, Batherson, Farabee
    [D] Hedman, MacAvoy, Nurse, Chabot, Pionk, Byram
    [G] Nedeljkovic, Smith, Gustavsson, Murray

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by MJ Flex View Post
    This is a really interesting debate. Pasta is coming off a breakout season and MacKinnon is at his lowest value. Is Pasta for real? Better question if MacKinnon was in Boston and Pasta in Colorado would the majority still consider Pasta the better fantasy asset.

If I owned Pasta and was offered MacKinnon + any type of upgrade, I'd probably make the deal.

If I owned MacKinnon and the asking price was MacKinnon + for Pasta, I'd probably walk away.

Watching their highlights, MacKinnon's talent just seem to jump out at you more than Pasta. However, understanding fantasy hockey is all about the stats, I'd take Pasta over MacKinnon short term but I'd take MacKknnon over Pasta long term once Colorado finishes rebuilding.
    Impossible to say. would Mack be the #2 or #3 C if that were the case? No one views a player without also evaluating the team surrounding him as well. It has an immediate and direct affect on that players production. If Mack were on Bos, I'd probably be saying Mack here. for the same reason, Colorado is the shits. Outside of the elite of the elite no one on Col. is going to drive offence himself and reach their true potential.

I don't see Col getting out of this deep dark dank hole they find themselves in within the next three years. So I can't give Mack full credit for his abilities. Pasta has a better cast around him it makes a difference.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Personally I take Pasta, he looks better out there.
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Demi-God

BUMP of the DAY. (Thread is from 2017)
    'because it's fun to bump 'em when ya get 'em right! Teehee.

I can't say that all of my thoughts were exactly spot on (Pastrnak has been super-solid)... but I thick I made the right pick in MacKinnon.

Dobber Sports Jedi

BUMP of the DAY. (Thread is from 2017)

I can't say that all of my thoughts were exactly spot on (Pastrnak has been super-solid)... but I thick I made the right pick in MacKinnon.
    You're a year early. you said bump 2020.. Pasta's got 1 more season to rock the vote.