Thread: Krug vs. Kling

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Krug vs. Kling

Two questions I need answers for:

1. Who do you expect to have the better season?

2. I have the option to sign them both, however one I can sign (up to) 2 years and the other up to 3 years. Who gets what?
    12 Team (Limited Keeper) Multi-Cat - Weekly Roster Lock (4C / 4LW / 4RW / 6D / 2G / 5 Bench / 2 IR)
    Forwards & Dmen: Goals, Assists, Shots, Blks, Hits, FW (+ pts.), FL (-pts.), +/-, PIM (- pts.), HT, GWG, SHG, SHA
    Goalies: Wins, Losses (-pts.), GA (-pts.), Saves, Shut Outs

C: MacKinnon, Cozens, Jenner, Kotkaniemi

LW: Svechnikov (LW,RW), Guentzel, Forseberg, Vrana, Raymond (LW,RW)
    RW: Tolvanen (LW,RW), Debrincat (LW,RW), Wheeler, Wilson
    D: Heiskanen, Q. Hughes, Bouchard, Sergachev, Durzi, K. Miller
    G: Demko, Markstrom

Reserves: P. Kane (RW), C. Brown (RW), Sharongovich (LW), Andersen (G)

Administrator

Default Re: Krug vs. Kling

I like Krug more in this format and would give him the 3 years.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

The Magnificent One

Klingberg is the bigger name, but Krug holds his own in value vs. Klingberg. Also, Klingberg isn't great in peripherals. I'd see about trading Klingberg and Gaudreau (not great in your league) for a better forward, whom you can then retain along with Krug.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Novice

I like Klingberg. He has much more upside on a Dallas team that's bound to improve, and he has no one threatening his place as the #1 PP quarterback. Krug is great for SOG but I'm starting to feel like he's one of those guys that will always have high shot volume and low sh%, which will mean underwhelming goal totals. Plus in the middle term he will have McAvoy threatening for prime PP minutes.
    12 Team H2H

Skater Cats: G, A, P, PPP, SOG, HIT, BLK

Goalie Cats: W, GAA, SV%

3 C, 3 RW, 3 LW, 5 D, 4 BN, 2 G

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by mando View Post
    I like Klingberg. He has much more upside on a Dallas team that's bound to improve, and he has no one threatening his place as the #1 PP quarterback. Krug is great for SOG but I'm starting to feel like he's one of those guys that will always have high shot volume and low sh%, which will mean underwhelming goal totals. Plus in the middle term he will have McAvoy threatening for prime PP minutes.
    ^Yes.
    I think Klingberg is a lock for PP1... and with Methot, possibly spikes to 25min/gp as ES D-pairing 1.
    As long as Chara's wheels are OK, its Chara & Carlo that will play the ES D-pairing 1 for Boston.

Also, I like Dallas forwards better.
    While Krug is a much higher-volume shooter (200+sog to Klings 140-ish)... that's about the only other difference... HIT, BLK, PIM low for both.

For me, I can see Klingberg going 60+ pts if everything clicks for Dallas.
    Krug, IDK, I think 50+ was lucky... and the McAvoy threat is real.

Dobber Sports Titan

I can see Kling hitting 60+ and I have a tougher time envisioning the same for Krug. I would sign them both, but Kling for 3 and Krug for 2.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Deity

This is a close one for me. I can see why Eric likes Krug. If he ever gets his shooting% up, he could be lights out.

I think I'd go with Klingberg myself. Neither guy offers much for PIMs or hits. You'd be trading Krug's SOG for Klingbergs blks. I just think the offensive skill is greater for Klingberg where as the extra peripherals pretty much cancel each other out.

Hard to go wrong with either guy but I'm going with Klingberg by a hair.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports All-Star

Klingberg for me. I think we have seen pretty much all we can see out of Krug. I don't think Boston is going to score much more than they did last year with guys like Marchand and Pasta putting up huge numbers. I think Krug's shot % may come up a notch a few times over the next few season, giving him a few more goals, but nothing drastic. Klingberg on the other hand has a realistic shot at 60 points any given season. Higher ceiling. Same floor. I go Kling.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

The Magnificent One

I'm still not sure why there's all this concern about McAvoy's threat to Krug. Did Shattenkirk thrive despite Pietrangelo being there? Yandle for the Coyotes despite OEL? Burns for SJ despite Vlasic? Or going back further, Schneider and Rafalski despite Lidstrom? Krug is one-dimensional, and McAvoy likely will be a widely skilled d-man who can - and thus will - be called upon to play tougher minutes. Maybe that means Krug won't be re-signed in 2021, but until then I really don't see the threat to his production and deployment from McAvoy that others envision.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Administrator

I really don't see McAvoy as a threat to Krug.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I really don't see McAvoy as a threat to Krug.
    Me neither, and had no bearing on my decision to recommend Klingberg.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Me neither, and had no bearing on my decision to recommend Klingberg.
    Agreed.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Wizard

Krug for me.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks for the responses everyone. A lot of good insight from all of you, especially on McAvoy. I have been interested in drafting him up but also hesitant because I already own a Bruin in Krug. The thing is, I'm in "win now" mode and Krug is nearing his prime (26). I can't expect the same from McAvoy at this point in his career. Krug is projected to be the 6th best overall dman in our league which is nothing to sneeze at. I also think Kling has his biggest year yet barring any injuries of course.
    12 Team (Limited Keeper) Multi-Cat - Weekly Roster Lock (4C / 4LW / 4RW / 6D / 2G / 5 Bench / 2 IR)
    Forwards & Dmen: Goals, Assists, Shots, Blks, Hits, FW (+ pts.), FL (-pts.), +/-, PIM (- pts.), HT, GWG, SHG, SHA
    Goalies: Wins, Losses (-pts.), GA (-pts.), Saves, Shut Outs

C: MacKinnon, Cozens, Jenner, Kotkaniemi

LW: Svechnikov (LW,RW), Guentzel, Forseberg, Vrana, Raymond (LW,RW)
    RW: Tolvanen (LW,RW), Debrincat (LW,RW), Wheeler, Wilson
    D: Heiskanen, Q. Hughes, Bouchard, Sergachev, Durzi, K. Miller
    G: Demko, Markstrom

Reserves: P. Kane (RW), C. Brown (RW), Sharongovich (LW), Andersen (G)