Thread: Reach for Tkachuk?

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Reach for Tkachuk?

12 Team, 25 players, H2H, 8 Keepers, (G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, Hits, Blocks)

My keepers are below in my signature. I have taken over this team from someone else starting this year. I have the 3rd overall pick in the upcoming draft and there will be some good players available. As of now I am aware that Tkachuk will not be kept. Is it a reach for me to take him with that pick? That would be pick number 99 overall. Currently his ADP in Yahoo is 109. I don't believe I will get him with my second pick at 123.

He is projected for 53 PTS, 112 PIM's.

Should I take him with the pick and do you agree with yahoo projections above?

Thanks in advance
    12 Team, H2H, 8 Keepers, (G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, Shots, Hits, Blocks)

F - Malkin, Marchand, Forsberg, Radulov, Tkachuk, Gallagher, Connor, Hischier, Guentzel, Meier, Backlund
    D - Gostisbehere, Krug, Giordano, Hamilton, Ellis, Provorov, Parayko,
    G - Rinne, Smith

The Great One

Default Re: Reach for Tkachuk?

I try never to go into a draft with one player on mind, since it can cloud your judgment.

How far in advance will you know the 96 players who'll be kept? If you have a day or two, come back here to post the list of best players available and see who folks think you should consider the top candidates.

As for Tkachuk, I do think he provides nice value in this type of league, but he's yet to break though and plays for a lesser profile team, so I think he'd likely be there in another round or even two. Usually early on GMs go for the bigger names or more proven entities.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Administrator

Default Re: Reach for Tkachuk?

We don't know if it's a reach until we know who is available. Make a draft list and pick the highest player available. Simple as that. No reaching required.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust