Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2017/18 DobberHockey Tiered Invitational: 11th Year!

The Wolverine

Exclamation 2017/18 DobberHockey Tiered Invitational: 11th Year!

UPDATE: Public recruitment closed. Thanks for joining!

For all managers, all information about the competition (e.g. structure/settings/promotion) is found in the attachment below.

Welcome to the 2017/18 DobberHockey Tiered Invitational!

Firstly, this thread is for information only. Details on how to (re)join the competition will be explained in this thread and, with the entire competition setup and structure, in the attachment below.

This is a tiered competition consisting of annual one-year rotisserie leagues, which are held on Yahoo, and run and participated by members of DobberHockey. Previously managed by Dobber himself, this competition began in 2007 so next season will be the 11th year running. There are three tiers, which comprise of the Entry, Pro and Expert divisions.

Please read the attachment below for full details; but in brief, this is what you will need to know regarding joining this season:

New managers

In around early September, there will be a thread created for recruitment into the Entry division. This thread will list four possible draft dates and you would send a private message with your preferred choice(s) along with an email address for the invite.

If you expect to be interested and haven't created a forum account yet, I recommend you register soon and start posting to have your account approved. Otherwise, this could cause delays and may result in missing out on your choice.

Returning managers

Expert division
    Managers have already been sent invites to rejoin the competition. It's filling up well so far, and we're just waiting for the last few to join.

Pro division
    Eligible managers (see attachment for details) will soon be sent invites into the two leagues, which have already been assigned. Please note that the email used was the one you provided last year. If that is no longer valid, please let me know with a correct one.

Entry division
    Eligible managers (see attachment for details) will be given an early opportunity to rejoin the competition before public recruitment begins, and invites will be going out soon. Same as the Pro managers, the email used was the one you provided last year. If that is no longer valid, please let me know with a correct one. You can still send in your choice after public recruitment begins, but it will be first come, first served for everyone.

Important message to all new and existing managers

Expressing interest and receiving an invitation does not guarantee you a place in the competition. You must have joined the assigned or chosen league to guarantee this place; otherwise you risk missing out on your preferred choice, or even a place at all.

Next steps

As mentioned in the relevant sections, either keep an eye out for an email invite or for the recruitment thread created in early September.

If you have any questions, please make sure you read the attached document first in case your answers are already covered there. Otherwise, I'm happy to take any questions in this thread.

Stay tuned!

EDIT: Check later posts for updates
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by horrorfan; September 27, 2017 at 12:22 PM.

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: 2017/18 DobberHockey Tiered Invitational: 11th Year!

Really appreciate all the work that you are putting into this! Looking forward to competing here again
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Looking forward to a new challenge this year! Thanks for running the game.

Dobber Sports Monster

I will like to join again. A couple bad breaks is the only reason I lost. I have lots of excuses.

Dobber Sports Icon

I'm beyond stoked to be heading to the Pros in my second season! Can't wait to get this started!
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Stud

Interested in joining the entry division. Thanks for all the hard work organising the pool.

The Wolverine

Returning Pro managers - all invites have now been sent out.

Returning Entry managers - emails have been sent asking for your preferred draft dates.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Returning Pro managers - all invites have now been sent out.

Returning Entry managers - emails have been sent asking for your preferred draft dates.
    I didn't receive an email. I want to join again this year - can I get an email please?

GET WELL SOON, DOBBER.

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by forsbergfan View Post
    I didn't receive an email. I want to join again this year - can I get an email please?
    Please send me a PM with the preferred email address for the message. Thanks.

The Wolverine

Update:

Thanks to those who have either joined (Expert, Pro) or replied to my email (Entry returnees) so far. For those who haven't joined yet, the sooner the leagues are filled, the sooner the draft order will be set, which could be helpful in your draft planning.

To Entry returnees, you have a few days to reply before public recruitment begins. If you want to ensure one of your preferred draft dates, I suggest you reply with the requested information as soon as possible. If you are eligible to return but haven't received a message, send me a PM with the correct email address.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I sent a couple of private messages it seems to not be working... I had finished 2nd in Norris last season. Am I suppose to get an invite for the pro div.?

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by brosal04 View Post
    I sent a couple of private messages it seems to not be working... I had finished 2nd in Norris last season. Am I suppose to get an invite for the pro div.?
    I received the messages and sent you a reply.

Dobber Sports Titan

A bump for some more interest, and also to say that Horrorfan's availability will be limited for next week, so if you have questions, feel free to email me at the address I'm using for that league: [email protected] .
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Is the league open for newbie registration?

If so, I am IN!!!!

Thanks!

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by nastyearwax View Post
    Is the league open for newbie registration?

If so, I am IN!!!!

Thanks!
    Not yet. As mentioned in the main post, a new thread will be created for public recruitment in early September that will explain how you can join. Stay tuned!