Thread: Draft Order Preference

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Draft Order Preference

Yearly question here and hoping for some opinions....

10 team H2H 0.5 PPR League. We send in our top 5 draft spots and if no one else chooses what you choose, you get to pick there. If there is a tie...we figure it out with some kind of fun game.

What would be your top 5 spots to draft given this year's crop of players?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Draft Order Preference

I always prefer to have a top 3 pick or a bottom 2. If I had to rank: 1,2,12,11,3

Dobber Sports Giant

10 teams serpentine, right?

If so: 1,2,3,9,5
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Padawan

I would probably choose 1,2,3, 8,9

You need to choose the first few so someone doesn't just get handed the first couple positions.
    This year I have been preferring the later round positions in the snake though. I find you need to take some good WRs in the first 5-6 rounds. So with a late spot in the draft I like the idea of snagging a Zeke/Gronk combo with your first 2 picks. Then load up on WRs.

However if you know your opponents you may be able to play off the psychology element to choose what you think they will omit!

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by MasterByte View Post
    I would probably choose 1,2,3, 8,9

You need to choose the first few so someone doesn't just get handed the first couple positions.
    This year I have been preferring the later round positions in the snake though. I find you need to take some good WRs in the first 5-6 rounds. So with a late spot in the draft I like the idea of snagging a Zeke/Gronk combo with your first 2 picks. Then load up on WRs.

However if you know your opponents you may be able to play off the psychology element to choose what you think they will omit!
    Well I already know 3 guys choose number 1 every year regardless. So there is no point choosing high just to choose it. But I do like the idea of getting one of those elite players.