Thread: Buchnevich, Honka or Vrana

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Buchnevich, Honka or Vrana

Hi, keeper league, points only. I have to protect 2 of them. We counts 10 forwards and 5 def. I already have DeAngelo and Sergachev as prospect. We can keep 4 prospect so i will keep those 2 and have to choose 2 between
    Buchnevich
    Vrana
    Honka

In order, which 2 would you keep and who is gonna be the best in 3 years?

Tx a lot!

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Buchnevich, Honka or Vrana

Buch & Vrana

my answer to both questions
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Deity

I'd keep all three and let Deangelo go.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I think Buch is first.
    I really like Honka, he's being compared to Klingberg in some regard.... which is a shame because it IS Klingberg that he would need to top, both play the same side and that will be probably hinder his potential.
    For this reason I would say keep Vrana
    10-team Pts only, 19-man roster, 9F, 4D, 2G, 4bench 95M cap league
    F: T.Tompson Pasta Kaprizov Rantanen Gaudreau Necas Greig Zegras Vilardi
    D: Josi Bouchard Sandin Sanheim
    G Shesterkin Samsonov
    B: Woll Perfetti Poitras
    Farm: Guenther, Will Smith

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    ^ This!

As for the order,

Buchnevich
    Vrana
    Sergachev
    Honka
    Deangelo
    Finished 2nd '09 , 3rd '10, 3rd '11, 2nd '12, 5th '13, 4th '14, 2nd '15
    16 Team Lifetime Keeper: Total Fantasy Points; Weekly Changes (Mon.) 32 Man Roster
    Dress 2 G, 6 D, 12 F

Keep 17 of 32 and Less Than 41gp Career Including Playoffs
    G=2, A=1, +/-=1, Pim=0.2
    W=4, L= -2, SO=5
    F= Parise, Marleau, Kopitar, Nichushkin ,Schwartz, Nyquist, Backes, Backstrom, Perry, Zetterberg, Thornton, Iginla, Lecavalier, Burrows, Goldobin, Jones, Petan, Virtanen, Vrana
    D= S. Weber, Gostisbehere, McDonagh, Miller, Enstrom, Girardi, Colaiacovo, Boyle, Carrick
    G= Lundqvist, Rinne
    , Tokarski

Dobber Sports Ninja

Buchnevich and Vrana.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I agree that DeAngelo is the one to release. I know Dobber is really high on DeAngelo, but I don't see him ever passing McDonagh or Shatty in New York, amd Skjei doesn't help either, PLUS Graves is nipping at his heels.

At least Honka already has a real opportunity, and I think he has a higher ceiling to boot.

Dobber Sports Icon

I would keep all 3 and drop Deangelo.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher11 View Post
    I agree that DeAngelo is the one to release. I know Dobber is really high on DeAngelo, but I don't see him ever passing McDonagh or Shatty in New York, amd Skjei doesn't help either, PLUS Graves is nipping at his heels.

At least Honka already has a real opportunity, and I think he has a higher ceiling to boot.
    As one of the resident ranger fans I will address this issue

first only Shat and Deangelo are right handed, so the argument that the captain or Skjei are blocking someone doesn't really ring true.

In a perfect world those 4 players are the top 2 pairings, but from the perspective of the coach and management Deangelo has to prove himself. There are also well established players that NY can turn to. Can Deangelo make the team and succeed this season ? sure as long as he keeps his focus, maintains professionalism and avoids turnovers. Stranger things have happened right ? Look at NYs depth chart and tell me who Deangelo starts ahead of. Staal ? Holden ? both are Left handed but Holden played relatively well at points last season on the right side. The kicker is Brendan Smith who despite what Wings fans say, is a good NHL defenseman. His new contract confirms that NY agrees with me. The numbers don't look all that promising for Deangelo right now. Not only is Graves knocking, so is Sean Day. Plus they have another russian kid they signed and a college free agent hanging around. Lots of bodies with only 1 spot maybe open for them all.

Perhaps that is for the best as NY doesn't fool around with younger players, they tell them EXACTLY what they need to focus on in the AHL and that they will return to the NHL when those kinks are worked out. Dinosaurs like Ken Campbell who live in the last century still think NY is a UFA money vault really need to get their collective head out of their sphincters.

Deangelo has the knock of not following orders from management, flying off the handle and generally showing a lack of maturity. He is after all just a kid really. Sending him down to start the season is I believe, the test NY is going to give him.

This is what happened with Buchnevich last season. He needed to improve his core strength, work on his defensive game and give a complete full ice effort. He was told this when sent down to the AHL and confirmed it when interviewed earlier this offseason. Buch did the things management told him he needed to work on and he was back up in the NHL.

Which leads me to the 2nd point of posting on this thread. Buch is going to explode to the upside. When that happens is anyones guess, but don't wait too long for that boat to sail because once it leaves port, the kid will be close to untouchable for any manager worth his salt that owns him. When his body is ready to absorb the punishment from NHL play, this guy is going to impress.

Its a touch choice with Vrana and Honka. But Buch is at the top of the list in my view. Then again I am a die hard rangers fan and will be to the day I die. So I am totally biased, but others will confirm that Buch is the real deal.
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Administrator

This.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    This.
    This. Easily

Dobber Sports Genius

This....DeAngelo may have a hard time passing Shatty, McDonagh and Skjei in NY.....
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).