Thread: I need a goalie

Dobber Sports Pro

Default I need a goalie

It\'s the general consensus for me, and pretty much everyone in the league knows it. That hurts my standpoint in any proposal because they always say \"Well, you don\'t really have a starter, and you need one, so how about adding X to the trade?\" where X is an unreasonably good player.

A guy has Giggy on the market, and I\'d like to pick him up onto my team, but seeing as I have no starter, I don\'t know what my bargaining position is.

I\'m deep on D (Liles, Carle, Ehrhoff, Whitney, Van Ryn) and I\'d be willing to part with one of them, as that\'s what his team is weak in, but he\'s also weak on left and I\'m not strong there either(Modin, Huselius, Calder, Morrow, Ladd, D.Brown).

I already offered Drew Stafford and Dustin Brown to see if he was interested in either of them being ina trade, and he rejected without word, so I figure not.

I\'m thinking I\'ll trade Liles and Calder/Modin for him.

Too low an offer? Too high an offer? I\'ve never successfully traded for a goalie...ever. I usually draft/scoop up from waiv/FA, so I never know the asking price. All I know is I\'d be addressing his needs while he addressed mine, while my players are pretty good, with Calder having a down year in the black hole known as Philly, but as fair as I remember, Giggy is a FA and who knows what team he\'ll go to next year.
    ZFHL
    ------------
    Ovechkin-Couture-Kovalchuk
    Benn-Ott-Eriksson
    Halischuk-Berglund-S.Thornton
    Bowman-Legwand-Mitchell
    Faulk-Orlov
    Martin-Y.Weber
    Wilson-Smid
    Niemi

Butler,Horak,Nodl,Omark,Bartulis, Carson,Demers,Staios,Garon,Schneider

PROSPECTS
    Nyquist,Bennett,Guptill,Haula,Knight, Kristo,Ranford,Rieder,Sundher,Barberio
    Dumoulin,Deslauriers,Janosik,Klefbom
    Ness,Sproul,Vatanen,Poulin

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re:I need a goalie

Well I think if you need a goalie that bad then your not really paying to huge a price giving up Liles and Calder/Modin. In fact the only real thing your giving up here is the potential of Liles. Then again though Liles has had a bit of injury problem so are you really giving up to much? Another thing here is I\'d be happy to part with Liles as long as I kept Whitney, he\'s a real keeper on the back end and gonna always score points as long as he\'s with Pitts, doesn\'t hurt either that he\'s just a kid and looks to be a central part of the core youth in Pitts. When dealing for a goalie I tend to pay the price needed, not to many positions are a lock for points, some players are for sure but even they can have an off year whereas any starting goalie on a good team is going to bring in decent points. In most pools a win is worth 2 points, translate that into a 35-45 win season(with a top team) and you just guaranteed yourself 70-90 points and that doesn\'t count the SO factor. That essentially is near the top 10 players point productions and should always be an essential part of any team.
    Consider this when you think of your goalie. In our pool Crosby has his 98 points(not sure what he\'s going to have after this), Marty Brodeur has already passed 120. I think the goalie output is one of the most important factors in winning any pool, no goalie, no championship. But then again I ain\'t Dobber so hopefully you get some more input elsewhere lol. TC and GL.
    H2H Points
    Protect- roster:18 + prospects:7
    F- Tavares, M.Richards, Lecavalier, Kovalchuk, Horton, Hossa, Purcell, Hartnell, Pominville, Simmonds
    D- Doughty, Hedman, Boyle, Meszaros, Wideman
    G- Fleury, Halak, Vokoun

Prospects-
    F- Bowman, Coyle, Adam, Zibenajad, Geoffrion
    D- Savard, Wishart
    G- Hackett, Jones

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re:I need a goalie

Heh, looking back I really should have been more aggressive going after a goalie. Too bad the trade deadline is passed and I\'ll have to wait for late summer until I can do anything extra. I just hope harding has a strong camp and secures a backup role. I hate being dirty and playing on people\'s overreactions, but if hasek/osgood don\'t come back, I think I\'ll pawn off Howard for as much as I can.

By then, hopefully, I\'ll have convinced the Commish that players should have contracts, so that it keeps things interesting. Maybe then I won\'t have to wait for a goalie so long.
    ZFHL
    ------------
    Ovechkin-Couture-Kovalchuk
    Benn-Ott-Eriksson
    Halischuk-Berglund-S.Thornton
    Bowman-Legwand-Mitchell
    Faulk-Orlov
    Martin-Y.Weber
    Wilson-Smid
    Niemi

Butler,Horak,Nodl,Omark,Bartulis, Carson,Demers,Staios,Garon,Schneider

PROSPECTS
    Nyquist,Bennett,Guptill,Haula,Knight, Kristo,Ranford,Rieder,Sundher,Barberio
    Dumoulin,Deslauriers,Janosik,Klefbom
    Ness,Sproul,Vatanen,Poulin

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: I need a goalie

Shoutout to the oldest thread on the entire forum/topic. Godspeed...
    12 Team Keep 6: G/A:1 W/SO:2
    C - McDavid, Matthews
    LW - Draisaitl
    RW - ​​Marner
    D - Dahlin, Morrissey
    G -
    B -

12 Team Keep 10 (& 5 Minors)
    : G/A/OTL:1 W:2 SO:3
    '24 Picks (16 Rounds) - 1,1,1,1,2,2,3,3,3,5,5,6,6
    '25 & '26 - Extra 1st, Extra 2nd
    F - ​McDavid, Rantanen, Point, Aho, M. Tkachuk, Guentzel