Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 DobberHockey Fantasy Football League Tier I: Season 7

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: 2017 DobberHockey Fantasy Football League Tier I: Season 7

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    I was just on the site and it notes the draft time as tonight at 6pm. Is that west coast time or was it changed?
    When I was on there last night pre-ranking my guys, it said my start time was 10pm so that would be Atlantic Time, making 6pm (which you saw) a West Coast start time.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    I was just on the site and it notes the draft time as tonight at 6pm. Is that west coast time or was it changed?
    I wonder if you're set up for west coast times as mine appears correct (2am my time, which is 5 hours ahead of Eastern).

Yeah, it is PDT. Sorry I didn't wan to miss it. I was out for happy hour. A couple of bourbon mules later and I'm home ready to go. Let's do this baby!!

Good luck
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Ninja

Decently fast-paced draft, less than 90 mins with 14 teams. Went pretty close to my list all night. I didn't see many surprises, but with this crew, I didn't expect anything less. Yahoo gave me my usual draft ranking of B.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Boo-erns on autodrafting. I don't hate my team, there's just some things I would obviously never do that I can't control. Like no chance was my pre-draft list at a place to take Cutler ever, or the Eagles D as a last pick. Mostly fine though

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Boo-erns on autodrafting. I don't hate my team, there's just some things I would obviously never do that I can't control. Like no chance was my pre-draft list at a place to take Cutler ever, or the Eagles D as a last pick. Mostly fine though
    It could have been worse. The autodraft took four QBs for horrorfan and didn't given him a Team DEF or a kicker.

Or even worse, you could have been there and wound up with my squad.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Decently fast-paced draft, less than 90 mins with 14 teams. Went pretty close to my list all night. I didn't see many surprises, but with this crew, I didn't expect anything less. Yahoo gave me my usual draft ranking of B.
    Yeah that was quick. Nice work guys. Speaking of draft grades...Yahoo! is getting insulting with their summaries. Check this out roster.PNG

EDIT: Damn I musta been drunk. Why the eff did I draft Alex Smith???
    @SmittysRant

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    It could have been worse. The autodraft took four QBs for horrorfan and didn't given him a Team DEF or a kicker.

Or even worse, you could have been there and wound up with my squad.
    The D and K were intentional. However, by excluding them it messes up the yahoo algorithm so had no control on who was chosen for my bench. Tried to avoid getting more than one QB but that clearly didn't work.

For future reference, how did you intentionally do that? I tried and couldn't figure it out.

Dobber Sports Deity

No one got an A for their draft grade. Interesting.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Tough drafting with you guys. Had about 4 instances where a player I targeted was stolen a pick or 2 before me. More comfortable with my squad than Yahoo is tho (C+ ouch lol). One player i was hoping to snag for my bench was Cobb so I could name my team 'Cobbfefe'. No players to make a creative name with (except Woodhead but that's low hanging fruit) so named the team my fall back handle 'Password is Taco.

I'm open to trade lol

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'm open to trade lol
    It was only for a name lol. Best name I have seen out there tho was Fournetteflix and Chill but wasn't in a draft slot to make it work.

The Wolverine

For future reference, how did you intentionally do that? I tried and couldn't figure it out.
    You have to put all players for that position on your 'do not draft' list.

Dobber Sports Icon

Really looking fwd to this year boys. Also looking fwd to someone doing a nice draft recap (i may take a crack, but pretty lazy right now!)

I like my / Deajenneret's squad, a nice set of RBs and obviously Russell are the strong points - the Ajayi and DeMarco combo should be solid and we made sure to snag the Derrick Henry handcuff. If Mixon comes out like gangbusters that would be huge, he's a bit of a wildcard for us. Otherwise, a bit thin on WR but even there we have some perennially underrated vets (and we lost out on Coleman and Wallace who we were targeting late, by a couple of picks). We have some nice depth at RB if anyone has trade needs there.

Good luck guys!