Thread: "Looking for a future up and coming goalie".

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default "Looking for a future up and coming goalie".

Looking to pick up a 3rd goalie this year. Must have the potential to get me some " wins and SO" when need. I was wondering which young and up-and-coming NHL goaltender would you recommend for long term

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: "Looking for a future up and coming goalie".

It depends on your league characteristics. How big is the league and how big are the teams?

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

For long term - but I don't think will help you for the next couple years Carter Hart.

Someone that can get you a bit this year potentially and be good for a while - Anders Nillsson, unless Demko makes the team... then Demko is the choice, but I think Demko is a year or two away.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Jusse Saros- Other then this years playoff run Rinne has seen a slow but steady decline, he also isn't injury immune. If he struggles at all or gets hurt Saros has the ability to steal the starting job sooner then we figured he would.
    Yahoo:16 team h2h (18 man rosters) 4keepers per team
    player cats:
    G,A,+/-ppp,shp,sog,gwg,hits,blks :goalie cats:W,gaa,sv%,so
    3c-Zibanejad, Getzlaf, Trochek
    6w-Fiala, JT Miller,Pastrnak, Pearson, kapanen, Lindblom
    4d-Hamilton,Provorov, R.Andersson, Doughty
    2g-Markstrom, Blackwood
    bench-Schultz, McCann, Lowry
    IR:Kucherov, Beauvilier

Fantrax:Nordiques 9 team dynasty pts only (max roster:50)
    notables:Stamkos, Seguin, Kuznetsov, E.Lindholm, Debrincat, Wheeler, Marchand, PLD, Kessel, Meier, Tuch, Hedman, Suter, Chabot, Bobrovsky ,Hellebuyck, Binnington
    notable prospects:Turcotte, Zegras, N.Suzuki, Farabee, Denisenko, Krebs, N.Robertson, Jokiharju, Shestyorkin

Dobber Sports Grand Master

It really depends who is available and what you're looking for. Can we assume all the starters are taken? What about guys like Hellebyuck, Saros? Parsons, Demko, Coreau are options.

Need a lot more information. Like Eddie Lack is going to get you some wins and stats, but he's not "up and coming".

Dobber Sports Superstar

who ever is backing up in Chicago, Also Pavelec in NYR now - will get some starts, Johnson - Buffalo
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Bergman... there is 10 teams and 21 players and 3 goalies.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

What about Tampa Bay's lightning Andrei Vasilevskiy. Would he be an up-and-coming future goaltender

Dobber Sports Jedi

well... yes he would, but you're going to have to give us clearer parameters of what you're looking for and definition of 'up and coming' Vasil's TB's #1 goalie this year... so him being up and coming - meaning top 10G potential, then you'd need to consider Raanta, Reimer, Darling as well in this definition

whereas, suggestions like Demko, Comrie, Samsonov, Hart, Parsons are all up and coming 2+years away...

or Saros, Grubaurer, Pickard - in the NHL, but back up options currently that will get you 20ish starts, some wins and SO's

3 really different tierings of goalies without knowing exactly what you're looking for
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

If Vasilevskiy is available, you should probably take him. He'll likely be your best goalie this year. We need way more information.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

What I'm looking for is a young start that will be a potential elite goalie for my now and in future goalie. Similar situation as Talbot is now.

Yes your request is clear. It's every other piece of information that we don't have.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by 35KrazyKanuck View Post
    What I'm looking for is a young start that will be a potential elite goalie for my now and in future goalie. Similar situation as Talbot is now.
    That would be Raanta and Darling - two back ups that have gone to up and coming teams and by all appearances are the #1's this year. Reimer to a lesser extent - looking to take over from Luongo. Grubaurer in Washington, still a back up, but potentially could become a #1 elsewhere.

Then you're looking at further offs - Demko Van, could get in a few starts this year, likely spending the season in the AHL. Gillies in Calgary - could get a call up and gets some starts this year, next year, should be Smith's regular back up. Stolarz in Philly is close to being ready as well.

Saros in NSH appears for now as Rinne's heir apparent. And Forsberg is the new back up in Cgy behind 32yr old Crawford. Korpisalo in Columbus is young and tick tock on Bobrovsky.

I would target Darling then Raanta, then Demko, Saros in that order

Parsons & Hart are highly touted but even further out.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Your league has 30 taken goalies... assuming your league doesn't have farm/minors. I'd start with young 1B options (as in the second goalie, after the 1A, on a team that splits the starts fairly evenly).

Rank off the top of my head, in order of long-term value:

Vasilevskiy (not a 1B, he's a starter now, and I doubt he's available but he's been mentioned above and option #1)
    Hellebuyck (fits the description of what you're looking for, if he's available)
    Mrazek (his future is a bit uncertain right now but he could be the starter in Detroit or somewhere else in a few years)
    Neuvirth (should see a good amount of time in PHI as Elliot rarely plays more than 55-60 games)
    Nilsson (has been able to put up good numbers on bad teams and could get a lot of starts in Vancouver)
    Lack (could impress with a strong D-corps in Calgary if Smith misses time)