Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "2017-18 Fantasy Hockey Guide" thoughts

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default "2017-18 Fantasy Hockey Guide" thoughts

This is my 3rd year purchasing this and I love everything about it every year I read it. That being said a few things caught my eye that I thought were interesting:

1)When looking at the Blackhawks player and line projections I noticed Saad was on Anisimov and Kane's line. While it's possible this will indeed be the line configuration I have a hard time imagining Saad not playing on Toews line based on their chemistry together and to try and get Toews going offensively giving the team 2 scoring lines. Another thing that I was surprised to see was Kane getting 89pts, while I agree he is amongst the elite point producers I would assume losing Panarin will drop Kane's production to his pre-panarin days (70-80). But I could be wrong.

2)looking at St.Louis' page it has Schenn centering Tarasenko's line. My thoughts on this is Mike yeo is a defensive style coach so I would think he would want at least 1 guy on the top line he knows can play both ends of the ice-while a line of shwartz-schenn-tarasenko screams offense it could be a defensive liability. I would've expected steen or statsny at center instead.

3)This ones not a biggie at all but looking at Minnesota's page it has Mikael Granlund getting 70 points which would be a career high. As a Granlund owner I'm happy to see that but somewhat surprised because throughout this past breakout season of his most of the articles I was reading about him talked about how his production was unsutainable or he was due to regress. So I was expecting to see a projection of low to mid 60's.

Anywho nothing really crazy just a few things that I was surprised to see! Anything that might have surprised you guys?
    Yahoo:16 team h2h (18 man rosters) 4keepers per team
    player cats:
    G,A,+/-ppp,shp,sog,gwg,hits,blks :goalie cats:W,gaa,sv%,so
    3c-Zibanejad, Getzlaf, Trochek
    6w-Fiala, JT Miller,Pastrnak, Pearson, kapanen, Lindblom
    4d-Hamilton,Provorov, R.Andersson, Doughty
    2g-Markstrom, Blackwood
    bench-Schultz, McCann, Lowry
    IR:Kucherov, Beauvilier

Fantrax:Nordiques 9 team dynasty pts only (max roster:50)
    notables:Stamkos, Seguin, Kuznetsov, E.Lindholm, Debrincat, Wheeler, Marchand, PLD, Kessel, Meier, Tuch, Hedman, Suter, Chabot, Bobrovsky ,Hellebuyck, Binnington
    notable prospects:Turcotte, Zegras, N.Suzuki, Farabee, Denisenko, Krebs, N.Robertson, Jokiharju, Shestyorkin

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: "2017-18 Fantasy Hockey Guide" thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Avalanche_Ambush View Post
    This is my 3rd year purchasing this and I love everything about it every year I read it. That being said a few things caught my eye that I thought were interesting:

1)When looking at the Blackhawks player and line projections I noticed Saad was on Anisimov and Kane's line. While it's possible this will indeed be the line configuration I have a hard time imagining Saad not playing on Toews line based on their chemistry together and to try and get Toews going offensively giving the team 2 scoring lines. Another thing that I was surprised to see was Kane getting 89pts, while I agree he is amongst the elite point producers I would assume losing Panarin will drop Kane's production to his pre-panarin days (70-80). But I could be wrong.

Anywho nothing really crazy just a few things that I was surprised to see! Anything that might have surprised you guys?
    This stood out to me as well and I would be shocked to see an Anisimov, Kane, Saad line. I am not a gambling man but I would wage quite a bit that those lines are wrong. I don't know what kind of insight the writer had on the lines but based on history and what Q said at the fan convention, I don't think those lines in the guide are very accurate at all. I suspect we'll see something like:
    1st Line: Toews, Saad, Panik
    2nd Line: Anisimov, Kane, Sharp
    3rd Line: Schmaltz, Hartman, Jurco
    4th Line: Kero, Bouma, Wingels
    * Dauphin, Hinostrozo, and Hayden could all win spots because of a good camp or injury.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Deity

As always and all things considered, great first read. Not to nitpick but here are a few things I noticed:

I was surprised John Hayden isn't shown in the guide on Chicago's roster. He had 44 hits in 12 games last year. I wont be surprised if he plays the majority of the season with the club and probably comes close to leading the team in hits.

Mrazek is projected to start 47 games and Howard only 40 but the write up kinda leads one to believe that Howard is the clear starter. Injuries to Howard are maybe considered when taking his GP into consideration?

Brandon Davidson is only projected to play 26 games with the Habs this year?

The Penguins still need a 3rd line center. Right now Carter Rowney is in there but he is more slated towards a 4th line role. Dont be surprised if a guy like Dominik Simon, J-S Dea or even Teddy Bluegers are given a long look for that spot in camp and are all probably worth a mention in the guide.

I don't think you have enough Maple Leaf forwards on there

Those were just a couple of the things that jumped out at me with a quick glance looking at the rosters last night. I haven't sat down and read much of it yet, just glanced at rosters and projected lineups. Looks like another winner though!

Great job!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Master

San Jose goaltender is Martin Jones, not Matt. Small error in an otherwise awesome production.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Avalanche_Ambush View Post
    TAnother thing that I was surprised to see was Kane getting 89pts, while I agree he is amongst the elite point producers I would assume losing Panarin will drop Kane's production to his pre-panarin days (70-80). But I could be wrong.
    Something to keep in mind. The three years before Panarin played with the Hawks, Kane was a point-per-game every season and averaged 1.06 points per game. That's an 87-point pace. Most people don't realize this because one year was the lockout-shortened season, and the next two Kane missed 13 and 21 games due to injury.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Sage

Anything about Las Vegas? Did I miss it?
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Something to keep in mind. The three years before Panarin played with the Hawks, Kane was a point-per-game every season and averaged 1.06 points per game. That's an 87-point pace. Most people don't realize this because one year was the lockout-shortened season, and the next two Kane missed 13 and 21 games due to injury.
    very good point. don't see Kane dropping off much if any really.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Having a hard time believing Colorado winning more games than Anaheim and winning the same amount as Toronto.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Sorry, wrong thread

Dobber Sports Initiate

I was surprised in the predicted uptick in top scorers. The guide has 12 players over 75pts (10 last year), 25 players over 70 its (19 last year), etc.
    ---------
    12 team ESPN H2H
    auction draft (260 budget)
    limited keeper (4 keepers)
    2016-17 Champion, 2017-18 Runner-up
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW
    W,SO,GAA,SV%
    Start 1 LW/C/RW, 3 D, 3 Util, 2 G

C - Eichel, Hischier,
    LW -
    RW -
    D - Hamilton,
    G - Hellebuyck

Packer Fan

Dobber Sports Prodigy

The Excel sheet is supposed to have +/- predictions but doesn't. No PPP/SHP/GWG ones, either.

Administrator

Draft list is updated with +/- projections.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Sage

I posted this elsewhere but the download files should show versions to know when they have been updated. If I remember right this was a thing last year.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Novice

Buddy of mine was shwing me last season's guide but some of those projections are just way off!

marchand predicted for 58 - he got 85!
    mcdavid predicted for 83 - he got 100
    gaudreau for 81 - he got 61
    kpitar for 72 - he got 52

you're not going to win your pool with numbers that far off, bad year or what?

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    Buddy of mine was shwing me last season's guide but some of those projections are just way off!

marchand predicted for 58 - he got 85!
    mcdavid predicted for 83 - he got 100
    gaudreau for 81 - he got 61
    kpitar for 72 - he got 52

you're not going to win your pool with numbers that far off, bad year or what?
    you can still make one or two bad picks and still win, i had one team almost cash where I drafted Dylan Larkin when there were other 60 pt forwards available and screwed up on another pick. If you just keep making solid base hits you are more than likely going to find success but overall that is what I thought those players would produce last season and I still came up with a very good profit at years end. More or less if someone predicted Marchand getting north of 80, gaudreau only 61 ish pts and kopi 52 ish they would be the biggest geniuses I ever come across. There were a few people who predicted Mcdavid to hit 100 last season so no surprise really, i was on the side of caution and projected Mcdavid about 80 or so pts as well.