Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 2017-18 Fantasy Guide, Draft List live!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: 2017-18 Fantasy Guide, Draft List live!

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha View Post
    I don't see anything in the +/- column.
    When will +/- projections be added? This affects the draft rankings in Fantasy Hockey Geek as well since now all players are projected at 0.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Post Re: 2017-18 Fantasy Guide, Draft List live!

Quote Originally Posted by jl_1978 View Post
    When will +/- projections be added? This affects the draft rankings in Fantasy Hockey Geek as well since now all players are projected at 0.
    I'm also very concerned, I have some drafts right around the corner, and +/- is an important cat in those. I really need to start prepping, but can,'t do so till this +/- issue is solved. Does anyone has any idea or info about what's going on here?
    105 teams (7 divisions of 15 teams with indivual drafts), Regular Season Points Total, Playoffs H2H Points, One Year League $$$
    Start 4F, 4D, 2U, 2G daily, 5 bench
    G, A, +/- (important cat), PIM, PPG, SHG, SHA, GWG, HAT, SOG, WIN, GA, SV, SO, OTL

F:
    D:
    G:
    IR:

The Great One

The notes section in dobber's list suggests that specific numbers won't be given for +/-, just letter grades: A, B, C or D.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    The notes section in dobber's list suggests that specific numbers won't be given for +/-, just letter grades: A, B, C or D.
    Don't know about the other posts, but i'm mostly concerned about the use of the Dobber's projections in the Fantasy Hockey Geek.

There are lots of stats there, shots, shots%, even hat tricks, and +/- has always been featured, it was even there just a couple weeks ago, but there were some glitches, like some random +59 for exemple.

Now it's all at 0.

Missing an entire cat worth of data can tremendously biase the rankings in some roto leagues. We really need it back, does anyone have any info, or where can we ask?
    105 teams (7 divisions of 15 teams with indivual drafts), Regular Season Points Total, Playoffs H2H Points, One Year League $$$
    G, A, +/- (important cat), PIM, PPG, SHG, SHA, GWG, HAT, SOG, WIN, GA, SV, SO, OTL

F:
    D:
    G:
    IR:

The Great One

I would send an email to fantasyhockeygeek. I wouldn't bother Dobber, personally. It's not that important in the grand scheme of things.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I won't bother Dobber either ans it's not important on the grand scheme of things.

I reached out to the fhg and they told me it was a projection issue, not an fhg issue.

The plus/minuses were talent off a few days ago, si someone must be handling this, just looking for some info.

F:
    D:
    G:
    IR:

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Yeah, it's always been a letter grade, but that column is blank so far. In the past, FHG took those letters and assigned a projected +/- (ie A=+15, B=+5, etc). It looks like the issue is that since the +/- is blank in the projections, FHG is giving everyone a 0 projection.

Dobber Sports Star

jl_1978 is correct. We're looking at pulling together a +/- projection just based on recent stats (as we do with many of the peripherals) until Dobber updates the letter grades.

It shouldn't affect rankings too much though; the reality is that +/- is very volatile and as such is downweighted significantly in our calculations when used for any forward-looking stat set... it holds less than 30% of its "true" weight. So in a ranking, +/- would more hold the effect of being a tiebreaker between similarly valued players as opposed to being core to their value.

Administrator

Update: There will be an update to the draft list in the coming days with +/- projections. I'm not sure how quickly I can get this done but it'll be up by the end of the weekend.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Administrator

Update: There will be an update to the draft list in the coming days with +/- projections. I'm not sure how quickly I can get this done but it'll be up before the end of the weekend.
    +/- issue should be resolved in Fantasy Hockey Geek by early next week
    Dobbernomics.com | Twitter @dobbernomics
    FantasyHockeyGeek.com | Twitter @FantasyHockeyGk

G(2), A(1), +-(1), PIM(0.25), PPP(2), SHP(3), HITS(0.1), BS(0.1), W(5), L(-2), SV(0.2), GA(-1), SO(5)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Dobbernomics View Post
    +/- issue should be resolved in Fantasy Hockey Geek by early next week
    Great! Thanks for your efforts guys!

F:
    D:
    G:
    IR:

Administrator

Draft list is updated with +/- projections.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Administrator

+/- numbers are now available at fantasyhockeygeek.com
    Dobbernomics.com | Twitter @dobbernomics
    FantasyHockeyGeek.com | Twitter @FantasyHockeyGk

G(2), A(1), +-(1), PIM(0.25), PPP(2), SHP(3), HITS(0.1), BS(0.1), W(5), L(-2), SV(0.2), GA(-1), SO(5)

Dobber Sports Monster

Was just watching sportsnet and they said "in conjunction with dobber hockey" then went on to show projections from dobbers list. McDavid, Gaudreau, Karlsson for example were shown on there.

Dobber Sports Monster

I have to give Dobber a lot of props. I believe he was the only person who predicted Brayden Schenn would have such a big year. If I recall correctly, I think he projected him for 70 points. At the time I though no way but so far it's looking realistic.