Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Fantasy sleeper D-man picks for this season?

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: Fantasy sleeper picks for this season?

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    Ryan Sproul a dark horse in Detroit? Put up points in junior... seemed to get some time last year.
    All of the Wings were pretty bad on the PP last year.
    http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?aggr...rt=ppTimeOnIce

Ryan Sproul had just 3ppp in about 60min of PP time... so that's 1pt per 20min... or 1pt per 10 two-min PP opps, meh.
    Mike Green had just 10ppp in about 200min of PP time... works out to say 1pt per 10 two-min PP opps, meh.
    And the gimpy Kronwall had 6ppp in 140min of PP time... works out to say 1pt per 12 two-min PP opps, meh.
    They were all sad.

But the Wings situation is an interesting one - as Detroit stinks and there's little point hanging onto the $6m Mike Green in his final (3rd/3) season with DET.
    I could see Detroit trading him early in the season as they actually have depth (i.e. 9 rostered D-men), having added Luke Witkowski and Trevor Daley (to give with Dekeser, Ouellet, Sproul, Jensen - and injury Swedes)
    I, personally, still believe Trevor Daley can run a PP.
    He was pacing for a 40pt season (with 12+ppp) in his final year with Dallas, avg-ing 22min TOI/gp... but they had Kling coming in.
    Then he went to CHI where he had no chance to garner PP1 time.
    Then he was traded to PIT, and with injuries he actually put up 7ppp in 53gp.
    Last year, of course PIT had Letang get injured, Schultz really blossom, Dumoulin emerge, and late-season Streit acq (who wasn't used in key games)...
    ...so Daley's usage was all over the map.

But Trevor Daley, IMO, is a sleeper for 30-40 if Detroit gives him a chance on PP and he plays 75+gp.
    I think he's way more solid than either Sproul or Jensen. Cagey vet at age 33.
    If you check his numbers, he almost always paces for 22-27pts in a season... which is with only 3-5ppp... but if he got more, that's how to get into the 30-40pt range.
    Let's not forget he's got his name on two Stanley Cups... and had PP-usage (2ppa) in both playoff runs.

[Note to OP: I added the term "D-man" in title so that this thread stays consistent with D recommendations! Great thread, btw.]

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Fantasy sleeper D-man picks for this season?

Jaccob Slavin
    Brett Pesce
    Brady Skjei
    Esa Lindell
    Oscar Klefbom (not so much surprise but he will be undervalued for what he should produce w/ PP1 time)
    Brandon Montour
    Shead Theodore
    Jake Dotchin
    Mattias Ekholm
    Travis Hamonic
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:B.Tkachuk,Alien,Stutzle,Miller,Connor,Svech,Thoma s,ChandlerS.,Jenner,Couts,Bennett,Tolvanen,Danault
    D:Carlson,Nurse,Theodore,Matheson,Gudas,Harley
    G:Jarry,Ingram,Kotchetkov
    IR:Murphy,Rust,Guentzel

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Ziba,
    Tro,Schmaltz
    L: Drai,Forsberg,Tolvanen,Lehkonen
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shest,Kotchetkov
    IR: Zegras,Norris,Vilardi,Kempe

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Fantasy sleeper D-man picks for this season?

Anyone think Connor Murphy has any sleeper appeal? Should be second d pairing. Will he get any PP time though?