Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Differences between "Fantasy Hockey Geek: The Draft Kit" & "DraftKings ? Geek Draft Kit"

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Differences between "Fantasy Hockey Geek: The Draft Kit" & "DraftKings ? Geek Draft Kit"

Hey everyone,

Thinking about purchasing one of these to assist with our inaugural draft for a new keeper league. After reading the description of both I am unaware of what the difference is? Is there advantages or disadvantages? Does anyone have opinions on which one they prefer more? Lastly, does this "really" help you draft a better full roster when holding a live draft... putting in my league settings and such? Any info or feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Differences between:

• "Fantasy Hockey Geek: The Draft Kit"
    • "DraftKings ? Geek Draft Kit"
    SBFHL | Halifax Plague
    16 team H2H Full Keeper w/ 20man prospects
    G,GWG,OG,ShG,A,PPP,SHP,HT,FOW,Hits,BLK,PIM,+/-,SOG | W,SHO,SV,OL,GA,ShL (2.5x for defensive points)
    SBFHL Champion: 2013-14, 2017-18

Main Roster
    F:Tavares/Malkin/Benn/Pavelski/Tarasenko
    /Granlund/Parise/Dubois/DeBrincat/Ritchie/Chiasson/Marleau/
    D:Hedman/Subban/Doughty/Rielly/Oleksiak/C. Miller
    G:Rask/Quick

Prospect Roster
    F​: Frederic/Foo/Heponiemi/Mantha/Ho-Sang/Groulx/Safin/Hawryluk/Goldobin/Roslovic/Korshkov/Cj. Smith/Bokk/McBain/Greer/Marody
    D: Jokiharju/Perunovich/M. Phiillips/Weegar
    G: Gillies/Brossoit/Wedgewood/Eriksson EK

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Differences between "Fantasy Hockey Geek: The Draft Kit" & "DraftKings ? Geek Draft Kit"

I didn't know Draft Kings even had a draft ranking kit.

I'd be curious as to who is actually doing the rankings there and their credentials.

I don't purchase/use anything than FHG because it uses Dobbers rankings and that's what I trust.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Default Re: Differences between "Fantasy Hockey Geek: The Draft Kit" & "DraftKings ? Geek Draft Kit"

Thanks for the response Axeman33,

Just for reference, the offer the Draft Kings guide on Dobber's Shop which is why I was curious. Here is what it says about the Draft Kings version:

http://dobbersports.com/product/draf...eek-draft-kit/

Take Dobber's Draft List to another level – on the DraftKings dime! Customize your list based on the size of your league, your needs for each position, as well as the weighting of each scoring category. Dobber's projections are the best in the business, but how do they fit your specific league setup? We have done the work so you don't have to. The Draft Kit is built around the Draft Guru tool, which provides real-time advice on what players are the best fit for your evolving team as the draft unfolds so you make the right picks early, get the best late-round steals, and best value out of every pick. There's simply no better way to get ahead at the draft.
    This is why I ultimately was confused. I never purchased either version before so no matter which one I got, it would be a new experience for me.
    SBFHL | Halifax Plague
    G,GWG,OG,ShG,A,PPP,SHP,HT,FOW,Hits,BLK,PIM,+/-,SOG | W,SHO,SV,OL,GA,ShL (2.5x for defensive points)

Main Roster

Prospect Roster
    F​: Frederic/Foo/Heponiemi/Mantha/Ho-Sang/Groulx/Safin/Hawryluk/Goldobin/Roslovic/Korshkov/Cj. Smith/Bokk/McBain/Greer/Marody

The Magnificent One

Call me crazy, but I wonder if they're the same thing just with somewhat different names. FHG is on the forums from time to time, so hopefully you'll get an answer from them.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Icon

FHG..AIAEC!

haha..basically i trust FHG.
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Foerster, Michkov, Kakko, Toffoli
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Minyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR- Quinn(RW)
    Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Pay for a burger and get the burger.
    Or sign up for a credit card and somebody else will buy your burger.
    Pretty sure its the same burger.

You just have to decide if you want to sign up for the credit card (DK) so that somebody else (DK) will pay for your burger (Dobber/FHG).

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Pay for a burger and get the burger.
    Or sign up for a credit card and somebody else will buy your burger.
    Pretty sure its the same burger.

You just have to decide if you want to sign up for the credit card (DK) so that somebody else (DK) will pay for your burger (Dobber/FHG).
    Ewww, I hate it when my food is over-handled! I prefer getting it straight from the grill!
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Administrator

In both cases they are the same product - what's being offered here is the Fantasy Hockey Geek Draft Kit.

The difference between the two is simply the fact that you can get a discount on the Geek Draft Kit if you also buy the Fantasy Guide or the Keeper League Pack at the same time.
    Dobbernomics.com | Twitter @dobbernomics
    FantasyHockeyGeek.com | Twitter @FantasyHockeyGk

G(2), A(1), +-(1), PIM(0.25), PPP(2), SHP(3), HITS(0.1), BS(0.1), W(5), L(-2), SV(0.2), GA(-1), SO(5)

Thanks everyone!!!! Appreciate all your comments. I'm going to go with Dobber/FHG!!!

anyone care to chime back in, and provide a bit more detail on this? Is it software or what? Little confused. And is it worth buying when drafting a new team in a new league? I was going to get this and the fantasy guide Dobbernomics mentioned.
    SBFHL | Halifax Plague

Main Roster

Prospect Roster

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey13Playa View Post
    Thanks everyone!!!! Appreciate all your comments. I'm going to go with Dobber/FHG!!!

anyone care to chime back in, and provide a bit more detail on this? Is it software or what? Little confused. And is it worth buying when drafting a new team in a new league? I was going to get this and the fantasy guide Dobbernomics mentioned.
    As to your original question both package give you the exact same package.
    Option A is to pay for the package.
    Option B is to get a discount if you sign up for a new DraftKings Accout as Pengwin7 alluded to.

Here's what you're getting with either package:
    1. Dobber's projections of players- Dobber predicts totals for some 400+ NHL players each year in the guide.
    2. FHG's software - FHG takes the Dobber numbers and generates league specific rankings for your league.
    In a points only league every player has a value, in a roto league the players values are different, insert PPP and player value changes.
    FHG lets you insert your exact league specifications, from there FHG will take Dobbers projections and calculate a ranking of players for your specific league.

Used together Dobber's projections (excellent) and the crazy advanced software of FHG will create personalised rankings that show which players to value and which to ignore. IF you take it a step forward and use the FHG draft guru you enter each pick as drafted, then on your turn the guru will tell you the best player to draft.

It's pretty awesome stuff. FHG is not perfect in that it doesn't allow for the humans in your league, and occasionally may over-value players relative to where they could be had in the draft.
    For a excellent debate around using FHG to maximize performace read this thread:
    http://forums.dobbersports.com/showt...sy+hockey+geek
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    As to your original question both package give you the exact same package.
    Option A is to pay for the package.
    Option B is to get a discount if you sign up for a new DraftKings Accout as Pengwin7 alluded to.

Here's what you're getting with either package:
    1. Dobber's projections of players- Dobber predicts totals for some 400+ NHL players each year in the guide.
    2. FHG's software - FHG takes the Dobber numbers and generates league specific rankings for your league.
    In a points only league every player has a value, in a roto league the players values are different, insert PPP and player value changes.
    FHG lets you insert your exact league specifications, from there FHG will take Dobbers projections and calculate a ranking of players for your specific league.

Used together Dobber's projections (excellent) and the crazy advanced software of FHG will create personalised rankings that show which players to value and which to ignore. IF you take it a step forward and use the FHG draft guru you enter each pick as drafted, then on your turn the guru will tell you the best player to draft.

It's pretty awesome stuff. FHG is not perfect in that it doesn't allow for the humans in your league, and occasionally may over-value players relative to where they could be had in the draft.
    For a excellent debate around using FHG to maximize performace read this thread:
    http://forums.dobbersports.com/showt...sy+hockey+geek
    Thank you so much for taking the time to type all that to me. I totally am going with option A then, like Pengwin7 mentioned. That sounds great! The league I commission that just started uses a deep scoring system with some weighted categories so being able to select all that and have suggestions on who to draft would be excellent! So if I purchase the the FHG Draft kit I get all things you just mentioned, right? One other question is the software compatible on a Mac/Apple computer? Also assuming its digital download with a key or something once I purchase it?

I will take a look at that thread as well, thanks again man. Really appreciate your post!
    SBFHL | Halifax Plague

Main Roster

Prospect Roster

Administrator

So if I purchase the the FHG Draft kit I get all things you just mentioned, right? One other question is the software compatible on a Mac/Apple computer? Also assuming its digital download with a key or something once I purchase it?
    All of the fantasyhockeygeek.com tools are web-based, therefore will run on any of the common browsers on Mac. I'm running Chrome on Mac for example and everything works just fine.

Once you complete your purchase on dobbersports.com, you will be able to download a PDF file that will explain how to access the tools at fantasyhockeygeek.com.

By the way, you can always test out the FHG tools by signing up for a 24-hour free trial at fantasyhockeygeek.com
    Dobbernomics.com | Twitter @dobbernomics
    FantasyHockeyGeek.com | Twitter @FantasyHockeyGk

G(2), A(1), +-(1), PIM(0.25), PPP(2), SHP(3), HITS(0.1), BS(0.1), W(5), L(-2), SV(0.2), GA(-1), SO(5)

Quote Originally Posted by Dobbernomics View Post
    All of the fantasyhockeygeek.com tools are web-based, therefore will run on any of the common browsers on Mac. I'm running Chrome on Mac for example and everything works just fine.

Once you complete your purchase on dobbersports.com, you will be able to download a PDF file that will explain how to access the tools at fantasyhockeygeek.com.

By the way, you can always test out the FHG tools by signing up for a 24-hour free trial at fantasyhockeygeek.com

Sweet thanks for the info! I am going to check out the free trial and see how I like it, and then purchase from there. Appreciate your help and tip about the free trial!
    SBFHL | Halifax Plague

Main Roster

Prospect Roster

So I started the trial... I have one more question if anyone would like to assist me.

I am attempting to generate my rankings using " Generate ranking using one of the following stat sets"

I dont see an option to use Dobber projects for the 2017-18 season... everything is based off previous years stats or on pace for the current season, which obviously hasn't began. How do I correct this to get projections for the upcoming season to generate rankings and such?

Thanks in advance!
    SBFHL | Halifax Plague

Main Roster

Prospect Roster

The Wolverine

So I started the trial... I have one more question if anyone would like to assist me.

I am attempting to generate my rankings using " Generate ranking using one of the following stat sets"

I dont see an option to use Dobber projects for the 2017-18 season... everything is based off previous years stats or on pace for the current season, which obviously hasn't began. How do I correct this to get projections for the upcoming season to generate rankings and such?

Thanks in advance!
    You can only get the Dobber projections if you pay for the membership.