1 5.26%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Who Ya Got: Crawford or Bishop?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Who Ya Got: Crawford or Bishop?

Salary cap roto keeper - Wins, GAA, SV%, Saves

Crawford CHI, $6M, 32 years old

Bishop DAL, $4.9M, 29 years old
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

The Great One

Default Re: Who Ya Got: Crawford or Bishop?

I'd gamble on Bishop. Dallas should be better this year and I like the cap savings. In fairness, I've never been a supporter of Crawford.

Dobber Sports Ace

That's tough - I probably go Crawford. He might be a bit older but I think he performs at a high level through his contract (3 years).

Bishop could have a monster few years with Dallas too, but he's a lot less certain than Crawford IMO.

Crawford for me - by a hair. And it comes down to predictability.
    H2H Dynasty, 16 Team Salary: G, A, PPP, SOG, Hits, BKS, SHTOI, W, Sv%, Saves, GA%, (4C, 4RW, 4LW, 6D, 1G)

C: Crosby, Malkin, Larkin, Hartman, McBain, Joshua
    RW: Rantanen, Konecny, Strome, Batherson, Zetterland
    LW: Buchnevich, Ehlers, Marchessault, Bertuzzi, Acciari
    D: McNabb, Ferraro, Hakanpaa, Lyabushkin, Samuelsson, Bernard-Docker, Emberson
    G: Merzlikens, Daccord, Samsonov
    Prospects: Kurich, Lucius, Pelletier, Cristall, Yurov, Beckman, Brisson, Dean, Phillips, Poitras

Dobber Sports Monster

id gamble on bishop

Dobber Sports All-Star

Well I am keeping both. How is that for a non answer Hehe.

If I had to guess who gets the most wins I would lean toward Crawford. He is comfortable with the team and the system of play in Chicago and he may even play more games with Darling shipped off. That said, Bishop has put up great numbers in the past and this new look Dallas squad could easily become a dynamite team. I think Bishop may have the higher ceiling but he comes with considerably more risk IMO.

Crawford would be the safer bet, as Bishop faltered a bit last year, and he will have to integrate into a new team and a new system.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I am not a gambler so I go with Crawford. I've been hearing the hype train ever since Bishop went to Dallas but I am not sure he does so well behind that defense.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I am also not a gambler... but I think Bishop is the better bet. I think Dallas has a great year this year and Bishop pushes 50 wins.

Dobber Sports Jedi

you can write in your stat line with Crawford right now. and it's a top 10 line. Bishop and Dallas is a bit more of a wildcard - home run swing. 3 years an 1.1m savings also helps. Dal had a lot D-change last year and is now getting a defensive coach. I fully expect there to be growing pains in Oct/Nov for the Stars, but I'd still take Bishop... by a hair
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Tough one.
    I'm really nervous about CHI going forward with Keith/Seabrook/C.Murphy.... yuck/yuck/yuck.
    But - even with Dallas' new D-men, its still not that great - defensively.

The one thing we know is this:
    Crawford/CHI works. They win. They might win a bit less with cap crunch, but they win.
    Bishop/DAL is an unknown. Its a hard thing for goalies to get thrust into a new situtation with new defensemen, new forwards in front of them.
    Sometimes it can take a long time for a goalie to gel and read how his team plays in front of him.
    Lehtonen put up some good stats for a while in DAL, but over the last two years - yuck.
    Niemi put up some good stats for a while in SJ, but over the last two years - yuck.
    You see where I'm going here...

Bishop is no sure thing... and he could fall flat on his face.
    Crawford is at least solid - and when you are allocating $5m-$6m of a fantasy hockey team, I'd eliminate the risk.

Crawford.

Dobber Sports Immortal

I voted before seeing it was a cap league.....I would go Bishop and hope Hitch has a Hitch effect.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Crawford. He's been pretty damn consistent and even with the changes Chicago made this season, I like him over a shaky Bishop in a new system.

10th year Keeper League, Fantrax

14 teams, H2H, keep 10, daily starts
    G (3), A (2), +/- (1), PIM (0.1), PPP (1), FOW (0.1), FOL (-0.1), BLK (0.5), HAT (3), W (5), SO (3), SV (0.1), GA (-0.5)

C (3) - Schmaltz (LW, RW), Mercer (RW), Norris (IR), Domi (LW), T. Johnson (RW), Nosek (LW)
    LW (3) - Keller (RW), Hagel, McCann (C), Zacha (LW), Kubalik (RW), N. Foligno (IR)
    RW (3) - Fiala (LW), Vilardi (C), Ehlers (LW), Kakko
    D (4) - Theodore, Orlov, Grzelcyk, T. van Riemsdyk, Clifton, Skjei, Weegar
    Util (1)
    G (1) - Montembault, Allen, Halak

Dobber Sports Ninja

Thanks for all your comments and votes guys, even the 1 guy who voted for bondon...oh wait, bondon voted for bondon. Never mind.

I ended up keeping Bishop. I had an offer on the table where as part of a package deal, I would get Crawford and give up Bishop. It wasn't the focus of the deal though. I would have to give up Trocheck, getting Byfuglien in return. When you actually look at the roto numbers Trocheck brings to the table, they aren't that much off big Buff's and he's 8 years younger (and cheaper, it's a cap league as well).
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket