Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Choose 2 of Saad, Mantha, Marchessault

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Choose 2 of Saad, Mantha, Marchessault

Thanks for all the responses guys rep given.

My league uses the real salary cap which is going to be somewhere around 75 million, I forget the exact figure.

I can keep up to 8 players out of a 20 player roster. The cost of my 6 keepers that are already set in stone is 29.6 million. So I have around 45 million to play with, to sign 14 players. Average of about 3.25 million per player.

Problem is, for those of you in cap leagues, you should know that defensemen are ridiculously expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    You play in some weird leagues if you ask me. In the salary cap leagues I play in (4 of them, all very deep), cap space is very important. In two of the leagues, cap space is hugely important and everyone is constantly looking to unload good players they can't afford. I don't care about free agents, I would use the cap space in the trade market.
    So yeah, I agree with Jouko Pouko, the salary cap space is extremely important in my league. The dynamics of every league are different but in this one, a lot of really good players get dropped and are unwanted because we simply can't afford to roster them. For instance I'm going to be dropping Kuznetsov because at 7.8 mil he's just too expensive. He probably won't be owned at all in our league next year.
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by wonko View Post
    I think I would grab the two bargain boys as well, though it would not surprise me if Saad has a career year now that he is back in Chicago (65+ points). So take that with a grain of salt.
    Jeez, that would take a miracle.
    Toews hasn't hit 65 points since 14-15. I doubt Saad is gonna score 65. Even if he did, I take Marchessault and Mantha at a cumulative 1.583 over Saad at 6.25.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    You play in some weird leagues if you ask me. In the salary cap leagues I play in (4 of them, all very deep), cap space is very important. In two of the leagues, cap space is hugely important and everyone is constantly looking to unload good players they can't afford. I don't care about free agents, I would use the cap space in the trade market.
    I've never played in salary cap league(I don't intend to either) but from what I gathered on these forums is that cap space is the best way to land a stud for pennies on the dollar in those leagues. So if OP can shed Saad's cap hit and somehow land a bigger fish with that cap space. It's a huge win for him.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Veteran

Mantha and march for me

Dobber Sports Veteran

Its obvious to keep Marchessault at .75 over Neiderreiter at 4.6, right??
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports All-Star

Call it a hunch.

Saad had no first unit PP time in Columbus, in fact he had only 3, yes 3 that is not a typo, power play points all last season. If he could have even brought his PP total up to 15 points, that would have had him hitting 65 points in Columbus last year (53). I don't think 15 PP points for Saad is too much of a stretch on Chicago's top unit. He was obviously not well loved in Columbus as evidenced by his lack of TOI and PP time. Now he will be returning to Chicago where he is incredibly well liked by both team and staff and he will be given every opportunity to succeed since management will have to prove that acquiring Saad for Panarin was not a huge mistake. And to top it all off, he will be hitting his prime, turning 26 in October.

I agree it is not a slam dunk, but like I said, it would not surprise me if Saad put up a career year and hit 65 points this season. I stick to that prediction. Ignore it at your peril

PS, in anwer to the OP's original question I still take Mantha and Marchessault due to their incredibly cheap cost if you must shave cap space.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Icon

Keep Saad and Niederreitter. The team who wins the league isn't the team who has the most cap room, it's the team that gets the most points. If you are not spending right to the cap, you are doing it wrong assuming there is no actual bank balances and cap room not spent does not carry forward.