Thread: Correa/Martinez for Machado/Lester??

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Correa/Martinez for Machado/Lester??

This offer was just sent to me and while I probably would have accepted it at the beginning of the year.....Am I right in thinking I should hold off at this point??

I also own Springer and the combo of Springer and Correa has been lights out.

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Correa/Martinez for Machado/Lester??

Hello and welcome to the baseball forums
    We can help you much better if you provide the league settings/stats and the rest of your team. For example, do you have anyone that could fill in for Correa at shortstop?

This all plays into the decision, and the more information you provide helps us help you.

(I feel like this isn't the first time I have done that to you )
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    We can help you much better if you provide the league settings/stats and the rest of your team. For example, do you have anyone that could fill in for Correa at shortstop?

This all plays into the decision, and the more information you provide helps us help you.

Fair response....but Machado is SS eligible as well so didn't think it really matter

R, 2B, HR, RBI, SB, BB, Avg
    W, K, SV, HLD, ERA, WHIP

Schwarber
    Bour
    Kinsler
    Arenado
    Correa
    Bellinger
    Pollock
    Springer
    Hamilton
    BN: Marte in waiting

SP: McCullers, Martinez, Paxton, Berrios, Duffy, J. Gray, Hoffman, McCarthy, Fullmer.

Dobber Sports Giant

EVIL EB!!

HR, I would hold on to what you have; specifically Correa. Machado is just not consistent enough this year (although his last week was pretty solid) and Lester's best years are behind him (although I do think he's better than his current overall numbers). Martinez is doing well this year but I would actually prefer taking a risk with Lester for the 2nd half however, the overall package falls short for me to warrant doing that!
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Fair response....but Machado is SS eligible as well so didn't think it really matter
    Touche!!

I personally like the Martinez side better. But that is cause of my keeper league.

I think the Cubs should turn it up in 2nd half. so the Lester Machado side is not bad either. tough call here.

Dobber Sports Titan

I just always have him in my head as a 3B. And you could have been wanting to use him at 3B, thus needing a fill in SS, so we really didn't know

I don't think it's a bad deal, but definitely not one I would make right now. Hold what you have.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Immortal

I just always have him in my head as a 3B. And you could have been wanting to use him at 3B, thus needing a fill in SS, so we really didn't know

I don't think it's a bad deal, but definitely not one I would make right now. Hold what you have.
    Definitely true....I should have clarified haha.

And thanks guys. My thoughts too. It's not a bad deal...and who knows, Machado and Lester could be better. I just love Correa's upside right now.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Fair trade but id stick with what you have